JDL88

Anthony Davis Season Outlook 2018-2019

1 minute ago, dboywong said:

Yet

No they can’t, unless they trade Kyrie 

Wow. This is pretty big news. Trades like these have a domino effect throughout the league . Was t it a few years back where we had a crap load of moves after a big player was moved?  I can't think. Just woke up.

Well if he wants to win, we'll take him 

• Like 1

Just now, Dirty Little Birdie said:

quick! someone use your crystal ball and tell me who the pick ups will be once a trade to LA or BOS happens...

My thoughts exactly. But whoever gets traded, the only sure thing right now is beast Jrue down the stretch.

From a RL perspective it's a damn shame they couldn't get it to work this past season. Loved watching them in the playoffs last year and was hoping they'd get guys like Belinelli and other depth pieces. As much as I'm hoping Randle grows into a solid two-way player, they needed more of a win-now mindset last summer. Davis deserves to contend, but I was hoping it'd be with a small market team. Hope he finds a good spot.

From a fantasy perspective I just hope this doesn't tank my team.

Edited by MrJuiceBar

Well from a fantasy perspective this is s---. That means AD most likely wont play till trade deadline in another team. 

This is going to hurt just as much as losing CP3. Actually it's going to hurt a little worse!

Milwaukee 😎

17 minutes ago, ginocan said:

He is going to LAL. 

he wants to win a championship, not go out first round of the playoffs lol

24 minutes ago, mas10 said:

Well from a fantasy perspective this is s---. That means AD most likely wont play till trade deadline in another team. 

First thing I thought about 

So just checked. New Orleans plays 5 games until deadline. First 3 are Hou, Den,SA. Geez. Then Ind and Chicago. Doubt he plays Chicago. 

this is an obvious ploy by Rich Paul (with LBJ pushing the buttons) to force Pelicans to trade Davis to Lakers. Asking for a trade this season prohibits Boston from joining the sweepstakes, and Boston is the team that can offer the best young players and assets to land Davis. Giving Pelicans an ultimatum less than 2 weeks before the deadline to force them to accept Lakers offer of Ball & Ingram and throw in salary guys. The writing was on the wall when AD signed with Rich Paul. LBJ once again trying to control the league and hand pick the guys he wants to play with, getting sick with this

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, sya said:

this is an obvious ploy by Rich Paul (with LBJ pushing the buttons) to force Pelicans to trade Davis to Lakers. Asking for a trade this season prohibits Boston from joining the sweepstakes, and Boston is the team that can offer the best young players and assets to land Davis. Giving Pelicans an ultimatum less than 2 weeks before the deadline to force them to accept Lakers offer of Ball & Ingram and throw in salary guys. The writing was on the wall when AD signed with Rich Paul. LBJ once again trying to control the league and hand pick the guys he wants to play with, getting sick with this

This is the overplay that will cost the lakers imo.  Two weeks to put a deal together of the magnitude that does not absolutely cripple the Pels is unrealistic.  This will be, we will trade you but not before the deadline.  Kyrie opts out in July and the Celtics become involved.

GSW receives: AD ($25.4 Million)

NOP receives: Iguodala, Livingston, Looney ($25.8 Million)

• Haha 5

4 minutes ago, bilotos13 said:

Just shut down the league if that happens.

I don't see anything happening.  It is just a notice for the Pelicans you have one more year of service and we are out.  There is no way Pelicans will get any type of good return for AD especially as a rental.  They will just keep him and do trade talks through out the off season.  See if next year there are any more good offers.  Unless the pelicans go nuts and decide to sell AD off for scraps to the Lakers.  

Personally, I wouldn't go after AD.  Just wait for him to hit FA next season.  His price tag would be astronomical and unless you are guaranteed he will resign with that team, it isn't worth stripping your team for him.  You will just end up like the Pelicans where you have AD and a bunch of random players because you sold your good assets to get him.   

21 minutes ago, bilotos13 said:

Dbm-GgADfzpaV9ZUn1rkl6QEoNpr68Z7CL5suY7D

21 minutes ago, danman227460 said:

Personally, I wouldn't go after AD.  Just wait for him to hit FA next season.  His price tag would be astronomical and unless you are guaranteed he will resign with that team, it isn't worth stripping your team for him.  You will just end up like the Pelicans where you have AD and a bunch of random players because you sold your good assets to get him.   

I disagree. Lakers could of easily got PG to their team if they weren't so tight and OKC took the risk and have a top 20 player to play with Russ.

Lakers should bite the bullet and go for it. I'm sure Davis would love to play with a superstar like LBJ since he has never had that in his career.

• Like 2

I traded away AD and Horford for Westbrook and Steven Adams 2 weeks ago, I was nervous about a shut down or trade. Keep in mind I play in a points league. Idc that Westbrook goes 5/20 lol. He’s the #1PG and Adams the #10 center so I’m happy with that move. This is crazy though, any teams outside of Boston or LA that should be considered? 76ers? 

13 minutes ago, j3rkthenurk said:

I disagree. Lakers could of easily got PG to their team if they weren't so tight and OKC took the risk and have a top 20 player to play with Russ.

Lakers should bite the bullet and go for it. I'm sure Davis would love to play with a superstar like LBJ since he has never had that in his career.

I agree. Lakers passed on PG waiting for FA, and then they did the same thing with Kawhi and now it seems like the Clippers are the preferred destination

AD is only 25, I dont see any reason for Lakers to pass on trading for him especially given how inconsistent ingram has been. And the obvious aging of LBJ

• Like 1