JDL88

Anthony Davis Season Outlook 2018-2019

His PO doesn't kick in until 2020, so there is no rush for the Pelicans to trade him.  Putting fantasy aside, a good GM wouldn't trade AD now without having the team with the most assets (Celtics) make an offer for him.  The Pelicans aren't going anywhere with or without AD this season, so why rush into a trade with the Lakers when Boston could have a better package to offer.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, danman227460 said:

I don't see anything happening.  It is just a notice for the Pelicans you have one more year of service and we are out.  There is no way Pelicans will get any type of good return for AD especially as a rental.  They will just keep him and do trade talks through out the off season.  See if next year there are any more good offers.  Unless the pelicans go nuts and decide to sell AD off for scraps to the Lakers.  

Personally, I wouldn't go after AD.  Just wait for him to hit FA next season.  His price tag would be astronomical and unless you are guaranteed he will resign with that team, it isn't worth stripping your team for him.  You will just end up like the Pelicans where you have AD and a bunch of random players because you sold your good assets to get him.   

The longer they wait the worse their leverage becomes. Better to deal sooner than later

22 minutes ago, HispasianTuna said:

I'm thinking Ball/Ingram/KCP and picks for AD.

They gonna want Kuzma over Ball, lol.  Elfrid is like an older Ball

28 minutes ago, HispasianTuna said:

I'm thinking Ball/Ingram/KCP and picks for AD.

And the Pelicans might as well just fold then if that's what they get back for AD.  If they don't get Kuzma, who I wouldn't deal if I was the Lakers, then there's no reason to trade him to the Lakers.  Also, Ball would be a waste since he'd be the 3rd PG (behind Payton and if Jrue plays there when Payton is resting).

19 minutes ago, ROTY said:

The longer they wait the worse their leverage becomes. Better to deal sooner than later

That does make sense, but the problem is they basically have nobody to trade him to this season unless somebody new gets into the mix.  I don't see them getting enough from the Lakers, and the Celtics can't try to trade for him until the summer, and they could probably give them a better offer.

• Like 1

I just hope he won't "kawhi" on us this year :(

• Like 1

He’ll probably sprain his ankle getting on the plane leaving New Orleans...

• Like 1

Brooklyn has the young pieces to make a deal too. A deal centered around D'Angelo, Kurucs and a 1st with Jared Dudley's contract thrown in would work. DLo can slide in next to Jrue and Kurucs is a stud in the making. Wishful thinking as a Nets fan but I think it's a competitive offer.

48 minutes ago, RingMyBell said:

They gonna want Kuzma over Ball, lol.  Elfrid is like an older Ball

Elfrid doesnt shoot 3's, completely diff players, only similarity is maybe the steals/defense, id give lonzo the edge on passing/court vision as well

Jrue also likes playing off the ball so jrue is a non factor in them needing a PG

• Confused 2

16 minutes ago, 2pac said:

Brooklyn has the young pieces to make a deal too. A deal centered around D'Angelo, Kurucs and a 1st with Jared Dudley's contract thrown in would work. DLo can slide in next to Jrue and Kurucs is a stud in the making. Wishful thinking as a Nets fan but I think it's a competitive offer.

AD said he wants to be a contender and win a chip. BKN is good, Levert/Allen/AD/Dinwiddie just isn't enough to even beat Raps/Celtics/Bucks, let alone the elite West teams. 

Why would the Pelicans want Ball.  They already have two quality PGs.  Ones who they can manage their egos better.  They would want Kuzma instead.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, jstep13 said:

He’ll probably sprain his ankle getting on the plane leaving New Orleans...

Funny you mention that.

He probably will.

Then getting off the plane in his new city he'll be treated and will be fine.

Deadspin wrote an article a few weeks ago about how the Pelicans are second-class citizens in New Orleans--the majority of the resources go to the Saints (they have the same owners).

As a result a lot of the Pelicans players suffer from numerous injuries--not just AD.

Makes sense for him to want to leave, frankly.

NBA is becoming more and more like European association football.

Transfer to the big, stacked clubs once you hit your prime.

Only the Pelicans won't get a record transfer fee out of it. They'll only get some mediocre young players.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, StuPitt said:

Why would the Pelicans want Ball.  They already have two quality PGs.  Ones who they can manage their egos better.  They would want Kuzma instead.

They shouldnt want ball, but need to get someone from the lakers in that trade scenario and they arent moving Kuzma, but id say he is an upgrade over their current PG options at least

ball + ingram would have to be the main 2 pieces if the lakers were to get AD, as said, not moving Kuzma

13 minutes ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

NBA is becoming more and more like European association football.

Transfer to the big, stacked clubs once you hit your prime.

Only the Pelicans won't get a record transfer fee out of it. They'll only get some mediocre young players.

But the european football/soccer system is utter trash, because you basically can just buy any player and the parity is instantly gone. In my opinion its way better to get young talent in former high lottery picks.

According to

, the Knicks could be "in the game" for Anthony Davis, who are one of the few teams he would sign an extension with. "If they'd be willing to make their number one pick, unprotected this year, available... I think the Knicks are in the game."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Clippers baby, they have the cap space to do so, Kawhi would be joining them next season, playing in Doc's system, now they'll need a good shooting guard. 

Think J. Tatum and Rozier. Hell, throw in M. Morris and some 1st rounds picks, but it's Boston that has the most to offer. AD name has been linked to Boston. But now I see why Magic J. stockpiled all those renegades and Zubac getting huge minutes lately. Pelicans gonna need em'. I would want Kuzma thrown in though, Ingram doesn't move the needle for me. May LA packages both players, AD's worth it.