JDL88

Anthony Davis Season Outlook 2018-2019

Raptors have most to offer and AD would have the conference to himself. 

He said he prioritizes legacy over money now and no other team gives him a better chance at trips to the finals other than Warriors, than Toronto.

Watch him join the Warriors. 

Edited by HotSauce24
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

If the Heat didn't have all of this dead money, he would go to them, a real franchise.

• Haha 2

And for those that own AD right now, I feel for you. His appearances from here on out til' he gets traded will be few and far between. Best believe that..

4 hours ago, cdd10 said:

he wants to win a championship, not go out first round of the playoffs lol

They will be out in 1st round, if they make the playoffs :lol:. I am not sure that Lakers will make the playoffs, even if they move 1/2 of the roster to NOLA for LBJ`s new buddy.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, HotSauce24 said:

Raptors have most to offer and AD would have the conference to himself. 

He said he prioritizes legacy over money now and no other team gives him a better chance at trips to the finals other than Warriors, than Toronto.

Watch him join the Warriors. 

Raptors? lol. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Forever Smooth said:

And for those that own AD right now, I feel for you. His appearances from here on out til' he gets traded will be few and far between. Best believe that..

Yup.... Horrible news on my end. Only a few weeks left in my regular season but it's going to be a tight finish and I'm not going to have my #1 horse (and losing Dipo last week) 

3 minutes ago, Forever Smooth said:

Think J. Tatum and Rozier. Hell, throw in M. Morris and some 1st rounds picks, but it's Boston that has the most to offer. AD name has been linked to Boston. But now I see why Magic J. stockpiled all those renegades and Zubac getting huge minutes lately. Pelicans gonna need em'. I would want Kuzma thrown in though, Ingram doesn't move the needle for me. May LA packages both players, AD's worth it.

AD is worth everything a team could possibly consider including in an offer. At the end of the day the draft picks really aren't worth anything from a team like the Lakers or Raptors or whoever else he goes to that is a playoff team. 

I think you have to think about young players more than picks when you are thinking about AD. The picks will just be gravy. Rozier to me seems like an extremely overvalued piece. He is going to cost a lot of money and I don't know if he is the right piece next to Jrue. I think we are going to see the Sixers float around in some rumors around Simmons. I doubt the Pelicans will have interest in Butler, but a core of Butler, AD, Embiid is far superior than Simmons, Butler, Embiid IMO. I don't think we are going to see AD get dealt for some players with no superstar potential. I think the market will be so strong that there are going to be some really exceptional young talent floated around in offers. The only thing is if AD forces the issue and cherry picks a couple of teams. 

The other thing is that this could cascade into a full blown rebuild for the Pelicans. I wouldn't be shocked to see them swap Jrue for a younger player and get some salary off of the books. By the time they rebuild Jrue will be on the downside. 

1 minute ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

Getting out of the West should be AD's #1 priority.

Would Washington work?

The goal for him is to win a title lol. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, HispasianTuna said:

Raptors? lol. 

Riveting counter.

Just like Kawhi eh? :lol:

• Like 1

The Orleans Pelicans are asking for Lonzo Ball, Kyle Kuzma, Ivica Zubac, and a first-round pick as a start to any deal, according to L.A. Times' Brad Turner.

NOP should trade him asap his value wont be any higher then it is now. Teams wanting to compete this year as well would be willing to give up more right now in a potential deal. prospects and picks all you can hope for.

4 minutes ago, HotSauce24 said:

Riveting counter.

Yeah. The Raptors were #1 on his trade destination list.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Brandayz said:

The Orleans Pelicans are asking for Lonzo Ball, Kyle Kuzma, Ivica Zubac, and a first-round pick as a start to any deal, according to L.A. Times' Brad Turner.

The Lakers should instantly make this trade. Honestly, this price is literally nothing for AD. If the Lakers don't make a deal like this they will be trumped by another team pretty quickly. 

• Like 1

Why do I keep on thinking back to the DeMarcus Cousins trade?

The Kings got very little (thought to be at time) back for 1.5 years of a 26 yo star.

How is it not the same situation?

5 minutes ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

The Kings got very little (thought to be at time) back for 1.5 years of a 26 yo star.

predsednik-OKS-Vlade-Divac.gif

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fabrar said:

AD said he wants to be a contender and win a chip. BKN is good, Levert/Allen/AD/Dinwiddie just isn't enough to even beat Raps/Celtics/Bucks, let alone the elite West teams. 

The east is wide open.. I don't think any of the big 4 out east is as locked in as you think. 3 of those teams outside of philly don't really have anchors down low and you can make the case that Brooklyn with AD would be a legit contender out east. BK has room for a max player In the off season too so they can add to the nucleus and then be legit title contenders. 

17 minutes ago, HotSauce24 said:

Riveting counter.

Who are they offering for AD? They're going to be completely gutted once Kawhi heads to Clippers in the offseason lol. 

8 minutes ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

Cousins was ill-tempered and seen as a locker room liability. AD is a commensuarate pro.

Defensively, the two arent even comparable. And also you can't forget that the Kings are a circus. There were better deals offered, but they turned  them down for because the owner thought "Buddy Hield was the next Steph".

Edited by justaguy
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Brandayz said:

If Im Jeanie Buss, I do that in a heartbeat

10 minutes ago, HispasianTuna said:

Who are they offering for AD? They're going to be completely gutted once Kawhi heads to Clippers in the offseason lol. 

Lol at assuming he is going to the clippers when there is zero evidence of such a move (no, buying a house in his home city doesn't count as evidence). 

Why would Kawhi leave the best circumstance (outside of being on warriors) in terms of a chance to get to the finals? 

Raptors can offer a combination of Lowry, serge, Siakam, OG, JV, etc. Why wouldn't the Pels do that trade to spite the Lakers and ship him out the conference similar to what...... the Spurs did!?!? 

Just now, HotSauce24 said:

Lol at assuming he is going to the clippers when there is zero evidence of such a move (no, buying a house in his home city doesn't count as evidence). 

Why would Kawhi leave the best circumstance (outside of being on warriors) in terms of a chance to get to the finals? 

Raptors can offer a combination of Lowry, serge, Siakam, OG, JV, etc. Why wouldn't the Pels do that trade to spite the Lakers and ship him out the conference similar to what...... the Spurs did!?!? 

Because nothing makes logical sense in sports, the obv moves never happen for some odd reason smh

1 minute ago, kmoore1521 said:

Because nothing makes logical sense in sports, the obv moves never happen for some odd reason smh

Exactly like Kawhi going to Toronto. 

18 minutes ago, rage2021 said:

NOP should trade him asap his value wont be any higher then it is now. Teams wanting to compete this year as well would be willing to give up more right now in a potential deal. prospects and picks all you can hope for.

I think the timing is great for teams looking to make moves and have impact this year. I think it goes beyond prospects and picks. Guys like AD become available maybe once a decade. This is like OKC trading Harden, but they were trading the Rockets version of Harden and not the quasi unknown 6th man OKC Harden. AD is a legit top 3 building block in the NBA. It will all depend on what NOP prefers in return, but stars of all ends of the spectrum should be in play. A guy like Dame should be in play for AD. A guy like Simmons should be in play for AD. The market won't be huge because not many teams can actually match up, but the ones that do should be pretty aggressive. 

26 minutes ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

The difference between AD and Boogie is massive. AD's only knock is health, and that is overlooked because it has never been a massive injury. He will phase out of the paint as he ages which should help his wear and tear. If you were starting a franchise today, Greek might be the only player you would take over AD. Everyone can play with AD. Lebron. KD. Kyrie. He is the rare player that really doesn't need the ball all the time or for 10+ seconds of the shot clock to dominate. This could be a huge shift for the NBA and that is really exciting. I would love to see a new superstar tandem created with AD. Lebron + _____ superstar(s) has already been on display for almost a decade now. I just want something different. 

• Like 1