JDL88

Anthony Davis Season Outlook 2018-2019

3 minutes ago, HotSauce24 said:

Lol at assuming he is going to the clippers when there is zero evidence of such a move (no, buying a house in his home city doesn't count as evidence). 

Why would Kawhi leave the best circumstance (outside of being on warriors) in terms of a chance to get to the finals? 

Raptors can offer a combination of Lowry, serge, Siakam, OG, JV, etc. Why wouldn't the Pels do that trade to spite the Lakers and ship him out the conference similar to what...... the Spurs did!?!? 

I always felt Kawhi still has his mind set on going back to LA. Initially he wanted to go to the Lakers pre-LeBron, so I feel that winning wasn't in his nature, but more so playing for a big market team. 

If I'm the Pelicans, I don't like the young core from the Raptors versus what the Lakers or Celtics can offer. Lowry is 32, Ibaka is hitting 30. Siakam is a nice solid player, but nothing near a prospect of building around. 

Time will tell I guess,  but I don't see the Raptors the likely destination for him. 

1 hour ago, Trade Monster said:

I could see the clippers being a dark horse in the AD sweepstakes. 

What package do you think they could offer that would actually interest the Pelicans?

I look at their roster and I don't see much of anything that would move the needle for AD. Tobias just delays the inevitable rebuild. Players like him look good on paper, but that is no man's land for the Pels and should be a hard pass. SGA....of course. Harrell...maybe. But those two aren't enough and then you just gutted your roster for the hope to sign a star to pair with AD. Clips seem like a long shot to be contenders in this sweepstakes. Interested to hear your thoughts and highlight what I am missing.

1 minute ago, HispasianTuna said:

I always felt Kawhi still has his mind set on going back to LA. Initially he wanted to go to the Lakers pre-LeBron, so I feel that winning wasn't in his nature, but more so playing for a big market team. 

If I'm the Pelicans, I don't like the young core from the Raptors versus what the Lakers or Celtics can offer. Lowry is 32, Ibaka is hitting 30. Siakam is a nice solid player, but nothing near a prospect of building around. 

Time will tell I guess,  but I don't see the Raptors the likely destination for him. 

Kawhi and big market in one sentence is rather astounding to be frank with you. 

Also Siakam, Lowry and serge are arguably better than the laker kids currently. 

1 minute ago, HotSauce24 said:

Kawhi and big market in one sentence is rather astounding to be frank with you. 

Also Siakam, Lowry and serge are arguably better than the laker kids currently. 

I'm not disagreeing with you there about those 3 being better right now, but Pelicans should be looking to rebuild if they're getting rid of AD. Future > Current. 

Reggie Jackson, Stanley Johnson, Luke Kennard, Zaza Pachulia, 2019 1st round, 2021 1st round, 2023 1st round, 2025 1st round, 2027 1st round, and 2029 1st round. We playing big ball now.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, HispasianTuna said:

I'm not disagreeing with you there about those 3 being better right now, but Pelicans should be looking to rebuild if they're getting rid of AD. Future > Current. 

Normally I'd agree but a combination of those Raptors plus Randle, Niko Jrue etc is enough to compete for a playoff spot no? 

2 minutes ago, thezing1 said:

What package do you think they could offer that would actually interest the Pelicans?

I look at their roster and I don't see much of anything that would move the needle for AD. Tobias just delays the inevitable rebuild. Players like him look good on paper, but that is no man's land for the Pels and should be a hard pass. SGA....of course. Harrell...maybe. But those two aren't enough and then you just gutted your roster for the hope to sign a star to pair with AD. Clips seem like a long shot to be contenders in this sweepstakes. Interested to hear your thoughts and highlight what I am missing.

giphy.gif

I don`t think LAC are real possibility at all, too, but this man is wizard. If he wants him, he will have him. I think his target is Kawhi, but who knows...

2 minutes ago, HotSauce24 said:

Normally I'd agree but a combination of those Raptors plus Randle, Niko Jrue etc is enough to compete for a playoff spot no? 

They'd compete only to get knocked out in the first round lol. I honestly thought the Timberwolves were going to make some noise last season with KAT/Butler/Wiggins/Teague but that didn't pan out. Just rebuild until the GSW era is over haha. 

Just now, HotSauce24 said:

Compete for a playoff spot isnt the goal, winning a Title is and that roster wouldnt hang with GS and the likes of other super teams that will be forming, theyd be stuck in the middle which is the WORST place to be in the NBA, "fighting for a playoff spot" is a death sentence in Todays NBA, cant get a high pick, and cant (for most teams) attract the needed superstar 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, kmoore1521 said:

Compete for a playoff spot isnt the goal, winning a Title is and that roster wouldnt hang with GS and the likes of other super teams that will be forming, theyd be stuck in the middle which is the WORST place to be in the NBA, "fighting for a playoff spot" is a death sentence in Todays NBA, cant get a high pick, and cant (for most teams) attract the needed superstar 

No one is beating the Warriors.

Again if AD is smart, he best chance at facing them is in the East, with Toronto. 

Edited by HotSauce24
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, montanski said:

Why do I keep on thinking back to the DeMarcus Cousins trade?

The Kings got very little (thought to be at time) back for 1.5 years of a 26 yo star.

How is it not the same situation?

Eh. SAC wanted Cousins gone. Cousins behaved like he wanted to be gone.  Cousins at that time (and rightfully so though he could've handled it better) was off the hinges! Incompetent front office and all that. Paid off for SAC and it was a gamble. No one knew Hield would be this good. Sac gotta piece of coal that just turned to be a golden nugget. They gave Cousins away. AD didn't make a fuss, through all of his years in NO, we never read/heard about any complaints. No cussing out refs, blasting coaches/FO, cussing out media reporters (that was warranted though, family is hands off). So you know what you were getting with AD, with Boogie you knew you were possibly getting a train wreck. Cousins was not valued as much as AD right now, I don't think so anyway. AD would not get traded while doing a live interview. Big difference.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kmoore1521 said:

Elfrid doesnt shoot 3's, completely diff players, only similarity is maybe the steals/defense, id give lonzo the edge on passing/court vision as well

Jrue also likes playing off the ball so jrue is a non factor in them needing a PG

Ball doesn't shoot 3's either, well he does but doesn't make many.

• Haha 1

Just now, azeri98 said:

Ball doesn't shoot 3's either, well he does but doesn't make many.

Yea i agree hes not a very good 3pt shooter lol

but he has/had the profile of being able to shoot coming out (which is why he jacks up so many) and such, which Elfrid has never been a good shooter in any fashion so at least theres that potential i guess is my point haha

7 minutes ago, Forever Smooth said:

Eh. SAC wanted Cousins gone. Cousins behaved like he wanted to be gone.  Cousins at that time (and rightfully so though he could've handled it better) was off the hinges! Incompetent front office and all that. Paid off for SAC and it was a gamble. No one knew Hield would be this good. Sac gotta piece of coal that just turned to be a golden nugget. They gave Cousins away. AD didn't make a fuss, through all of his years in NO, we never read/heard about any complaints. No cussing out refs, blasting coaches/FO, cussing out media reporters (that was warranted though, family is hands off). So you know what you were getting with AD, with Boogie you knew you were possibly getting a train wreck. Cousins was not valued as much as AD right now, I don't think so anyway. AD would not get traded while doing a live interview. Big difference.

Plus, while it seemed like the Kings got virtually nothing at the time, Buddy Hield has proven this year that they did get something valuable in return.  Sure, he's probably never going to be a superstar, but he's quickly developed into a premiere shooter in the NBA, and imo is better than almost anything that has been thrown around so far from the Lakers (aside from Kuzma).

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

What about Sacramento lol?

Hield, Bagley, Bogdan, Fox, WCS, Giles.

Pick three?

I agree that everybody should be in play for a deal with AD but If im SAC im doing everything in my power to keep fox. hes already a superstar imo or I should say fox>wall already

1 minute ago, HotSauce24 said:

Why you an insider and we should trust you over Gentry saying he'd play the rest of the season out as a professional? 

Thats the same old talking over and over again. If they are out of the playoff race they have zero desire to play him. If he gets hurt (which happens often) they are even more f.... as they are now. The timing of the request is a bad sign in my opinion, cause it shows that AD wants out of NO asap....

3 minutes ago, HotSauce24 said:

Why you an insider and we should trust you over Gentry saying he'd play the rest of the season out as a professional? 

I think it is common sense that he wont be playing huge mins, and will be protected and even shutdown in b2b games just so he doesnt get hurt.

Dont take the coach's words seriously.

1 hour ago, Brandayz said:

The Orleans Pelicans are asking for Lonzo Ball, Kyle Kuzma, Ivica Zubac, and a first-round pick as a start to any deal, according to L.A. Times' Brad Turner.

So they want Ball, Kuzma, a first, and Wilt with a soft touch for Davis?

No thanks.

1 hour ago, rage2021 said:

NOP should trade him asap his value wont be any higher then it is now. Teams wanting to compete this year as well would be willing to give up more right now in a potential deal. prospects and picks all you can hope for.

What's compete? If you mean compete for the finals than there's not a single team in the NBA that can make a trade that would put them up there with the Warriors. A few can make it fairly interesting but there's no way the Warriors aren't winning it all this year.

Most teams are going to be aiming to compete for the future. After this year, it's going to be more open. Davis is young and he has at least 5 more years of dominance. 

10 minutes ago, Fantasyhero said:

Thats the same old talking over and over again. If they are out of the playoff race they have zero desire to play him. If he gets hurt (which happens often) they are even more f.... as they are now. The timing of the request is a bad sign in my opinion, cause it shows that AD wants out of NO asap....

I agree with this.  He will sit out for anything that ails him.  Be prepared for alot of "DNP - Unibrow not connected"

• Like 1