JDL88

Anthony Davis Season Outlook 2018-2019

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

So they want Ball, Kuzma, a first, and Wilt with a soft touch for Davis?

 

No thanks.

 

Ball and Kuzma are solid NBA Players at best... AD is a Superstar.

 

If i were the lakers i would do this in a heartbeat...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

so can boston not trade for him until the summer until kyrie is technically a free agent? don't think lakers can compete with boston's package plus NOLA won't be sending him in the same conference. resign kyrie, trade brown, memphis, sac, rozier whoever unless ingram and ball improves their stock by the end of the year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Brandayz said:

The Orleans Pelicans are asking for Lonzo Ball, Kyle Kuzma, Ivica Zubac, and a first-round pick as a start to any deal, according to L.A. Times' Brad Turner.

 

That's it? Magic will even throw in EJ Johnson. 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Lakers would be crazy not to do that, but it's the "start" part that might be complicating things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One thing I would like to mention that no one talks about... Is it possible that Davis is overrated? Don't get me wrong, he is a very good player but you'd think a guy that is talked about as some generational all time player would make the playoffs more than 30% of the time no matter who his teammates are.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

One thing I would like to mention that no one talks about... Is it possible that Davis is overrated? Don't get me wrong, he is a very good player but you'd think a guy that is talked about as some generational all time player would make the playoffs more than 30% of the time no matter who his teammates are.

He's so far from overrated its not even funny. This guy is on a LeBron level. His game is basically flawless. Only reason I can see him as being overrated is from a health standpoint.

Edited by Dirty Little Birdie
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

One thing I would like to mention that no one talks about... Is it possible that Davis is overrated? Don't get me wrong, he is a very good player but you'd think a guy that is talked about as some generational all time player would make the playoffs more than 30% of the time no matter who his teammates are.

 

1.  From a fantasy standpoint its immaterial whether or not his teams make the playoffs so I don't think it matters if he's overrated in real life.  Fantasy wise I don't see any argument for him being overrated

 

2.  I would also argue he's NOT overrated in real life.  He's played his entire career in a loaded Western conference and on teams that have significant holes.  Has he ever played with a quality wing player?  So I'm not going to put not making the playoffs on him being overrated.

Edited by VaTerp
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

He's so far from overrated its not even funny. This guy is on a LeBron level. His game is basically flawless. Only reason I can see him as being overrated is from a health standpoint.

Lebron was getting 50th wins in his 3rd season. I understand it's the east but Davis is no Lebron. That's exactly what I mean by overrated. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

One thing I would like to mention that no one talks about... Is it possible that Davis is overrated? Don't get me wrong, he is a very good player but you'd think a guy that is talked about as some generational all time player would make the playoffs more than 30% of the time no matter who his teammates are.

 

If Boogie didn't go down last year, they had a real good shot of making noise in the playoffs for the first time in AD's career. They were dominating and GS couldn't handle both. With that being said, that was the first real team AD has been on since becoming a Pelican and he got them to the playoffs numerous times. He can literally do everything and the minute he's given another superstar or two, everything will open up for him. He's a stud and Lakers need to move anyone except Bron for him. Embiid and AD are far and away the best big men in the game...Drummound and Vucevic are the most overrated C's by far...guys can't play defense and don't stretch the floor to help out others.

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

One thing I would like to mention that no one talks about... Is it possible that Davis is overrated? Don't get me wrong, he is a very good player but you'd think a guy that is talked about as some generational all time player would make the playoffs more than 30% of the time no matter who his teammates are.

Nope. Not even close to overrated. I don't think you can rate him highly enough because he is that good. You need to take into account the roster in regards to the playoffs and just what the West looked liked over those years. The Pels have been horrendous at surrounding him with talent. When they did, injury kind of spoiled things. Maybe you can say that for a guard or a point forward that always has their hands on the ball. But a guy like AD needs other players around him. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, hamburglar628 said:

 

If Boogie didn't go down last year, they had a real good shot of making noise in the playoffs for the first time in AD's career. They were dominating and GS couldn't handle both. With that being said, that was the first real team AD has been on since becoming a Pelican and he got them to the playoffs numerous times. He can literally do everything and the minute he's given another superstar or two, everything will open up for him. He's a stud and Lakers need to move anyone except Bron for him. Embiid and AD are far and away the best big men in the game...Drummound and Vucevic are the most overrated C's by far...guys can't play defense and don't stretch the floor to help out others.

I doubt those two are considered legit C's by anyone. Well...there's probably someone but no one that knows basketball looks at them as studs.

 

Anyways, numerous times is twice. That's it. Once Cousins went down they crashed. You simply don't expect that from a generational talent. 

2 minutes ago, thezing1 said:

Nope. Not even close to overrated. I don't think you can rate him highly enough because he is that good. You need to take into account the roster in regards to the playoffs and just what the West looked liked over those years. The Pels have been horrendous at surrounding him with talent. When they did, injury kind of spoiled things. Maybe you can say that for a guard or a point forward that always has their hands on the ball. But a guy like AD needs other players around him. 

 

Well that's part of the issue that I see. That's why he isn't on the status of Lebron. It's also why Lakers should do everything to keep Lonzo. Great pairing for Davis but he will probably have to go.

 

For the record, by overrated I don't mean he isn't a super star and incredible player. It's just the notion that people think he is basically the next coming of Lebron in terms of dominance. I don't see it. Him needing help alone doesn't make him the next Lebron.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whats AD's health status? I thought he was supposed to have a follow up last Friday with the hand specialist. I need to know in my weekly lineup league whether to start Okafor or not!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

This guy is on a LeBron level.

 

With Lebron the Pelicans would have a winning record and get to the playoffs every year.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Packerguy55 said:

Whats AD's health status? I thought he was supposed to have a follow up last Friday with the hand specialist. I need to know in my weekly lineup league whether to start Okafor or not!

 

I'd roll with Okafor. Pels got 3 games this week and a B2B for Tues/Wed - I don't see AD playing in those games

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jrue Holiday said Anthony Davis is "like 90 percent" the reason he stayed in New Orleans.

Fire up your trade machines. With Anthony Davis' future no longer in New Orleans, Holiday could follow him out the door and he won't have any shortage of suitors either. The 28-year-old PG is a star on both ends of the court and is owed $26.1M in 2019-20 and 2020-21 with a player option worth $27M in 2021-22. It's too soon to speculate on landing spots, but Holiday is certainly a name to watch for the Feb. 7 trade deadline. Deep-league owners should keep an eye on 20-year-old guard Frank Jackson if Holiday is moved.
Source: Andrew Lopez on Twitter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anthony Davis (finger) talked to Pelicans coach Alvin Gentry this morning and told him he plans on playing out the season.

"He’s under contract. He’s a professional," Gentry said. "He’s made it clear he wants to play." Davis' agent didn't place any pressure on the Pelicans to get a deal done before the Feb. 7 deadline, and it makes a lot of sense for them to wait until the summer anyways since Boston can drive up the bidding war with their war chest of trade assets. Fantasy owners would prefer a move before the deadline though, as the Pelicans are in 13th place in the West and will have some incentive to tank now that they know AD won't be a part of their long-term future. If a deal isn't reached before the deadline and the Pelicans don't turn their season around, Davis will have some obvious shut-down risk.
Source: Andrew Lopez on Twitter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So AD is not quite as good as Lebron  (arguably and IMO the 2nd greatest player of all time) = he's overrated.  Got it. 

 

The internet.....:rolleyes:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

AD has spoken.  He will play out the season.  Since Pels are not playoff bound, the team will rest him more or DNP (i.e.: shut down). No need for potential injury if AD is getting traded in the offseason.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

I doubt those two are considered legit C's by anyone. Well...there's probably someone but no one that knows basketball looks at them as studs.

 

Anyways, numerous times is twice. That's it. Once Cousins went down they crashed. You simply don't expect that from a generational talent. 

Well that's part of the issue that I see. That's why he isn't on the status of Lebron. It's also why Lakers should do everything to keep Lonzo. Great pairing for Davis but he will probably have to go.

 

For the record, by overrated I don't mean he isn't a super star and incredible player. It's just the notion that people think he is basically the next coming of Lebron in terms of dominance. I don't see it. Him needing help alone doesn't make him the next Lebron.

I understand your stance. I do not understand why it is important to keep Lonzo around. Lonzo doesn't command respect as a spacer. Doesn't excel at finishing in the paint. In the playoffs Lebron is the point guard. Lonzo's skillset gets trumped by Lebron whenever the Lakers are in crunchtime. The Lakers should build the roster for the post season and not the regular season. We just saw Lonzo excel before injury (along with some other glimpses from the Lakers) because Lebron has been out for a while. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, hamburglar628 said:

 

If Boogie didn't go down last year, they had a real good shot of making noise in the playoffs for the first time in AD's career. They were dominating and GS couldn't handle both. With that being said, that was the first real team AD has been on since becoming a Pelican and he got them to the playoffs numerous times. He can literally do everything and the minute he's given another superstar or two, everything will open up for him. He's a stud and Lakers need to move anyone except Bron for him. Embiid and AD are far and away the best big men in the game...Drummound and Vucevic are the most overrated C's by far...guys can't play defense and don't stretch the floor to help out others.

Agree totally with Cousins and AD. Like to add that if not for his injury, Rondo would not have left either. Rondo  was a major part in the defense. Rondo a huge loss too and it shows in their defense. Shut Dame down and swept POR.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, chud12 said:

Jrue Holiday said Anthony Davis is "like 90 percent" the reason he stayed in New Orleans.

Fire up your trade machines. With Anthony Davis' future no longer in New Orleans, Holiday could follow him out the door and he won't have any shortage of suitors either. The 28-year-old PG is a star on both ends of the court and is owed $26.1M in 2019-20 and 2020-21 with a player option worth $27M in 2021-22. It's too soon to speculate on landing spots, but Holiday is certainly a name to watch for the Feb. 7 trade deadline. Deep-league owners should keep an eye on 20-year-old guard Frank Jackson if Holiday is moved.
Source: Andrew Lopez on Twitter

Not directed towards you, but that is just people jumping to conclusions (mainly the blurb writer).  If Davis is traded, then it's Holiday's team and he has a huge contract.  He'll survive and it'd be a shock if he was traded too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Max Rockatansky said:

 

With Lebron the Pelicans would have a winning record and get to the playoffs every year.

 

Lebron is a QB and AD a WR....

 

Even the best WR needs a good QB....

 

And bye the way where in the western conference are the lakers right now? Uh 9th....

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Fantasyhero said:

 

Lebron is a QB and AD a WR....

 

Even the best WR needs a good QB....

 

And bye the way where in the western conference are the lakers right now? Uh 9th....

 

To the Laker's defense, Lebron has been out for a month or so lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Fantasyhero said:

 

Lebron is a QB and AD a WR....

 

Even the best WR needs a good QB....

 

And bye the way where in the western conference are the lakers right now? Uh 9th....

They would be higher obviously is LeBron didn't get hurt, but still, the post you quoted was one of the most obvious things I've read in a while. Of course they would be a playoff team if two of the best players in the league played together on the same team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.