JDL88

Anthony Davis Season Outlook 2018-2019

2 minutes ago, KilloWertz said:

They would be higher obviously is LeBron didn't get hurt, but still, the post you quoted was one of the most obvious things I've read in a while. Of course they would be a playoff team if two of the best players in the league played together on the same team.

Think he was saying swap AD for Lebron on New Orleans and they make the playoffs every year, not have both

Edited by kmoore1521

AD is overrated in real life in terms of actually being able to carry a team. No one can tell me otherwise when I look at Jokic and all the injuries they had. He still carried them. Can't say the same about AD. 

Randle, Jrue, Mirotic are all solid players.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, taenggg said:

AD is overrated in real life in terms of actually being able to carry a team. No one can tell me otherwise when I look at Jokic and all the injuries they had. He still carried them. Can't say the same about AD. 

I think they've done pretty well in the playoffs - pushing GS and almost beating them, then sweeping a hot Portland team last year.  They just need a few more upgrades and depth.  Denver has better role players and depth.  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, taenggg said:

Denvers talent isnt even comparable to the Pelicans. Will Barton is arguably better than any player on the Pelicans not named AD and Jrue

Edited by FantasyBallFan

6 minutes ago, FantasyBallFan said:

Denvers talent isnt even comparable to the Pelicans. Will Barton is arguably better than any player on the Pelicans not named AD and Jrue

Denver lost Barton in the first game of the season. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Max Rockatansky said:

With Lebron the Pelicans would have a winning record and get to the playoffs every year.

And who would shoot the ball from outside? The only decent sniper in NOLA is Mirotic. LBJ`s "system" depends on shooters and that team just doesn`t possess them. At least Gentry is his type of "coach" :lol:.

1 hour ago, VaTerp said:

So AD is not quite as good as Lebron  (arguably and IMO the 2nd greatest player of all time) = he's overrated.  Got it. 

The internet.....:rolleyes:

Brian Windhorst, is that you?

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, taenggg said:

Denver lost Barton in the first game of the season. 

Thats my point on how different the talent levels are. Barton is probably the 5-6th best player on his team riggt now... Denver has guys like Murray and Garry Harris in their starting lineup. Meanwhile the Pelicans start Elfrid Payton and Etawaun Moore. The pelicans wings over the years has consisted of guys like Solomon Hill, Moore, Daunte Cunningham and Quincy Pondexter. Those have been their starters, just imagine how much worse their bench has been. ADs situation and Jokics situations are not comparable in the slightest. 

Edited by FantasyBallFan
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Max Rockatansky said:

With Lebron the Pelicans would have a winning record and get to the playoffs every year.

I am big LBJ fan, but frst let's see if he gets Lakers to the playoff this year. He won't imo

• Like 3

Bunch of insiders are speculating that AD is going to shut it down if he doesn't get traded by the deadline. Sheesh, this escalated real quick

26 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

I am big LBJ fan, but frst let's see if he gets Lakers to the playoff this year. He won't imo

Unfortunately it might not happen this year but obviously because of the injury.  If healthy they would have stayed around 4th.  

1 minute ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

Why go public with this anyway?

What's the angle?

To force trade to LAL.

2 hours ago, hamburglar628 said:

If Boogie didn't go down last year, they had a real good shot of making noise in the playoffs for the first time in AD's career. They were dominating and GS couldn't handle both. With that being said, that was the first real team AD has been on since becoming a Pelican and he got them to the playoffs numerous times. He can literally do everything and the minute he's given another superstar or two, everything will open up for him. He's a stud and Lakers need to move anyone except Bron for him. Embiid and AD are far and away the best big men in the game...Drummound and Vucevic are the most overrated C's by far...guys can't play defense and don't stretch the floor to help out others.

I was with you until you said..."Drummound (sp) and Vucevic are the most overrated C's by far...guys can't play defense and don't stretch the floor to help out others."

Vucevic shoots .375 from the three which is basically guard quality three point shooting.  Anthony Davis shoots .325 by reference.  Vucevic ranks 12th in the NBA for both defensive real plus minus and 12th in total real plus minus.  He doesn't block a ton of shots but he is good at containment, defensive rebounding, and challenging without fouling all of which is hallmark of good defense.  If you watched Magic games you'd see they are almost always up by 10ish points even against playoff bound teams when Vuc is on the floor and when he subs out they always give up the lead.  By every objective metric Vucevic is a top 20 player.  Considering all I ever see is people s--- talk Vuc constantly I'd say he's not only one of the most UNDERrated centers but also one of the most underrated players.  Period.  

• Like 1

The latest public response from New Orleans doesn't seem to be helping any chance to get this done soon

1 minute ago, montanski said:

To force trade to LAL.

I still don't understand how this forces  the Pels hand.

AD could have informed them pirvately.

Now AD looks like the villain.

How do you guys see the odds of him going to LA before 7th of February?

2 minutes ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

I still don't understand how this forces  the Pels hand.

AD could have informed them pirvately.

Now AD looks like the villain.

I am sure that he informed them privately and they told him that they will wait and not grant the request immediately. Remember - AD told his teammmates and the info didn`t leak. Who told everyone? Rich Paul... or LBJ`s agent. In the end, if he is traded to LA, LBJ will mobilize all of his media guys and clear AD`s image.

1 minute ago, Brandayz said:

I can see one of two things happening: either he gets traded to LA, or he does not get traded to LA.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Brandayz said:

Very slim. Take a look at Pels statement:

"This past weekend, Anthony Davis' representatives informed us that Anthony does not wish to sign a contract extension with our team and subsequently has requested a trade. Although we are disappointed in this decision our organization's top priority is to bring an NBA championship to our city and fans build our team for long-term success. Relative to specific talks of a trade, we will do this on our timeline. One that make sense for our team and it will not be dictated by those outside of our organization. We have also requested the League to strictly enforce the tampering rules associated with this transaction."

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gohawks said:

One thing I would like to mention that no one talks about... Is it possible that Davis is overrated? Don't get me wrong, he is a very good player but you'd think a guy that is talked about as some generational all time player would make the playoffs more than 30% of the time no matter who his teammates are.

If you're referring to fantasy he's one of the most underrated players in the game if you go by production versus auction cost.  His zscore value is 1.28 while there are players in the first round with a z score under .60 who cost in the 50-60 range.  By that logic AD should cost 100+ in auctions, while you can generally get him for only a few dollars more than guys such as Durant/Curry.  That would mean you're getting him at a $20+ discount.

IRL he is third in real plus minus.  Do you think AD gets the third most hype out of all NBA players?  I can think of a dozen players who are probably more popular with the common fan.  The only player who is playing arguably better than AD right now is Harden.  If someone is in the discussion among the best living players it's not really possible that they're overrated.  

1 hour ago, taenggg said:

To be an actual dominant machine in terms of winning he needs a guard sort of like Magic and KAJ. Granted, Kareem single handedly turned the Bucks around but in LA the team didn’t truly become a dominant force until Magic.