JDL88

Anthony Davis Season Outlook 2018-2019

5 minutes ago, montanski said:

Very slim. Take a look at Pels statement:

"This past weekend, Anthony Davis' representatives informed us that Anthony does not wish to sign a contract extension with our team and subsequently has requested a trade. Although we are disappointed in this decision our organization's top priority is to bring an NBA championship to our city and fans build our team for long-term success. Relative to specific talks of a trade, we will do this on our timeline. One that make sense for our team and it will not be dictated by those outside of our organization. We have also requested the League to strictly enforce the tampering rules associated with this transaction."

That last part makes me think this might get messy.

10 minutes ago, Brandayz said:

How do you guys see the odds of him going to LA before 7th of February?

Low.  

2 hours ago, Gohawks said:

One thing I would like to mention that no one talks about... Is it possible that Davis is overrated? Don't get me wrong, he is a very good player but you'd think a guy that is talked about as some generational all time player would make the playoffs more than 30% of the time no matter who his teammates are.

This won't be a very popular opinion based on the forum (AD puts up nutty stats) and the timing (on the day he requests a trade), but I think he is a little overrated irl.  He's a fantastic talent.  Perhaps top 3 talent in the league and I think there is a case contextually, he's had some really bad luck with team injuries, but he really hasn't raised the level of play or made his teammates much better.  Again, there are some legitimate reasons (bad front office comes into play, injuries, etc) so it's a difficult to measure where legitimate reasons end and excuses begin, but as great as he is, he doesn't seem to be able to carry a team.  Realistically, there's absolutely nothing wrong with that and going to a place where he gets more help and specifically an initiator who can get their own shot and can close games may be best for him.

The comparison I keep coming back to, irl, is Kevin Garnett.  Moving to Boston with 2 other HOFs and particularly Paul Pierce was fantastic for him.  Be interesting to think of the franchises he could go to where he may get some help in the form of a guard/wing who can get their own shot and be more of the lead player down the stretch.  Certainly, the Lakers for a couple of years would be there.  Boston with Kyrie, who AD is really close to would make sense.  Maybe Portland.  Maybe wherever KD ends up (tough to know) or if KD moves on then with Curry.  Should be a really interesting situation for the Pelicans.  Unfortunately, their GM Dell Demps, isn't very good so a monumental mistake may end up happening....

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, RCRanger03 said:

What impact would going to LA have on his value?

Same stats with better efficiency I think. No one is really a threat to his production other than Lebron and Lebron will help his stats more than hurt them overall. You also have to consider Kuzma and others will likely be gone meaning other than Lebron, Davis won’t have much competition for touches. 

8 minutes ago, montanski said:

Very slim. Take a look at Pels statement:

"This past weekend, Anthony Davis' representatives informed us that Anthony does not wish to sign a contract extension with our team and subsequently has requested a trade. Although we are disappointed in this decision our organization's top priority is to bring an NBA championship to our city and fans build our team for long-term success. Relative to specific talks of a trade, we will do this on our timeline. One that make sense for our team and it will not be dictated by those outside of our organization. We have also requested the League to strictly enforce the tampering rules associated with this transaction."

3 minutes ago, RingMyBell said:

That last part makes me think this might get messy.

Probably has something to do with AD firing his agent a few months ago in order to be represented by LeBron's best friend.

Edited by Kaboom
  • Like 1

Just now, Kaboom said:

Probably has something to with AD firing his agent a few months ago in order to be represented by LeBron's best friend.

Makes it extremely easy for them to find a loophole. Either way, the Kawhi mess makes Davis being traded more likely than people think. Sure, he says he will play and they say they won’t trade him but people say a lot of PR BS.

His agent will find some shenanigans to avoid him playing I bet.  I am hoping this wont be the case, but I am bracing myself mentally for it.  I really like AD as a human and a pro, so I wish him the best.  He deserves to be competing for rings.  Pelicans have no one to blame but themselves.

1 minute ago, Gohawks said:

Makes it extremely easy for them to find a loophole. Either way, the Kawhi mess makes Davis being traded more likely than people think. Sure, he says he will play and they say they won’t trade him but people say a lot of PR BS.

There is no way they trade him before they listen all 29 other teams` offers. For now, they can listen only 28 teams` proposals (i guess they will listen LBJ...i mean Magic and Rob).

27 minutes ago, Brandayz said:

How do you guys see the odds of him going to LA before 7th of February?

Simply depends what Davis has told the Cans, IMO.  If he has said, get me to LA, then they'll make a deal if the Lakers don't screw it up.  If he's given them several destination spots or has told them a profile of a team/org he'd go to, then it's in New Orleans' interests to wait until this summer where Boston can get involved.  I'm interested to see how Davis handles this;  if you seem him publicly talk about going to LA or joining them, then I think he could force his way there.... if he doesn't and is more political, then I could see the Pelicans waiting to get all teams in play.  

EDIT:  And FTR, Davis can't explicitly come out and talk about going to the Lakers or Boston or anywhere else (tampering), but there are ways for any player to imply what he'd like his future to look like.  He can leak things through other sources, etc, etc.  Davis' history hasn't seemed to indicate he'd do this, but this is a once or twice in a lifetime decision for most players.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Simply depends what Davis has told the Cans, IMO.  If he has said, get me to LA, then they'll make a deal if the Lakers don't screw it up.  If he's given them several destination spots or has told them a profile of a team/org he'd go to, then it's in New Orleans' interests to wait until this summer where Boston can get involved.  I'm interested to see how Davis handles this;  if you seem him publicly talk about going to LA or joining them, then I think he could force his way there.... if he doesn't and is more political, then I could see the Pelicans waiting to get all teams in play.  

I doubt LBJ will let him say "I want in LAL". That will be hit on LBJ`s own image. The fact, that his puppy didn`t give straight answer on the question for AD`s preferred destination, makes me think that for now, The Brow will use only the "i want to win" and "i was honest with them" crap.

16 minutes ago, montanski said:

There is no way they trade him before they listen all 29 other teams` offers. For now, they can listen only 28 teams` proposals (i guess they will listen LBJ...i mean Magic and Rob).

They actually can listen to all 29. There’s no reason Celtics can’t make a proposal right now. I’m sure Celtics will throw them a pitch and they will decide if it’s worth the wait. If he’s still around after the deadline I’d bank on him being a Celtic. 

Sent a bunch of offers for him in various legues.  Just got him and Danny Green for Irving, M Gasol, and Mirotic in one.  I reason that Kyrie is missing every fourth game and has a poor playoff schedule, Gasol is a shutdown risk even more so than AD, and Mirotic is injured.  There's a lot of risk inherent to trading for AD but all of the guys I traded are equally risky.   In case you want to gauge his trade value atm....

Edited by Patrick Bateman
We don't need your roster.

11 minutes ago, montanski said:

I doubt LBJ will let him say "I want in LAL". That will be hit on LBJ`s own image. The fact, that his puppy didn`t give straight answer on the question for AD`s preferred destination, makes me think that for now, The Brow will use only the "i want to win" and "i was honest with them" crap.

He can't.... that could be tampering. 

Also, realize there may be another reason AD told New Orleans before the deadline and that's so they didn't overpay for a piece or two thinking they'd be able to convince him to stay.  Now, they can have clarity going forward about how to rebuild, even if they will wait until the summer to trade him.

As such...

And reportedly, Davis hasn't told the Pelicans a specific location.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

They actually can listen to all 29. There’s no reason Celtics can’t make a proposal right now. I’m sure Celtics will throw them a pitch and they will decide if it’s worth the wait. If he’s still around after the deadline I’d bank on him being a Celtic. 

You are right that they will be ready to listen, but at the moment Ainge should be like the turtle in the story "The Rabbit and the Turtle". He has time, no need to rush, everyone knows which team`s offer will best out there. Just wait and see. On the other hand i think Boston will have doubts with AD`s future commitment and not sure what are their feelings to work with LBJ.

4 minutes ago, FANTASY_KING said:

When is the NBA trade deadline?

7th february

3 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

He can't.... that could be tampering.

I meant with "Woj sources" or my personal favorite "Windhorst sources".

35 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

This won't be a very popular opinion based on the forum (AD puts up nutty stats) and the timing (on the day he requests a trade), but I think he is a little overrated irl.  He's a fantastic talent.  Perhaps top 3 talent in the league and I think there is a case contextually, he's had some really bad luck with team injuries, but he really hasn't raised the level of play or made his teammates much better.  Again, there are some legitimate reasons (bad front office comes into play, injuries, etc) so it's a difficult to measure where legitimate reasons end and excuses begin, but as great as he is, he doesn't seem to be able to carry a team.  Realistically, there's absolutely nothing wrong with that and going to a place where he gets more help and specifically an initiator who can get their own shot and can close games may be best for him.

The comparison I keep coming back to, irl, is Kevin Garnett.  Moving to Boston with 2 other HOFs and particularly Paul Pierce was fantastic for him.  Be interesting to think of the franchises he could go to where he may get some help in the form of a guard/wing who can get their own shot and be more of the lead player down the stretch.  Certainly, the Lakers for a couple of years would be there.  Boston with Kyrie, who AD is really close to would make sense.  Maybe Portland.  Maybe wherever KD ends up (tough to know) or if KD moves on then with Curry.  Should be a really interesting situation for the Pelicans.  Unfortunately, their GM Dell Demps, isn't very good so a monumental mistake may end up happening....

I put very strong odds on this happening. Realistically, this is sort of the time to make a regime change. Let a new GM come in and take a hold of the franchise. If you are going to make a change that is performance based (that is what AD is doing) then make the change today and hire someone with a vision for trading AD and shaping the roster to see it through. 

20 minutes ago, montanski said:

Lebron basically said this already. All of the talk about hurting someone's image is overblown IMO. It would be talked about for a news cycle because there isn't enough content in a sports day to fill 24 hours so talking heads will blabber on and obsess, but the reality is once the season starts and games are won or lost all of that goes out the window. In 10 years no one will talk about Lebron's recruiting tactics. They will only talk about his championships and all the ones he lost in the finals. And no one will care about AD leaving NOP. It will be disappointing for an NOP fan, but you don't own a player when you draft him. Your own actions (inability to field a competitive team) caused this outcome. It is your fault. It isn't like people care all that much about Lebron leaving Cleveland now that Dan Gilbert's train wreck of an organization is on full display. People who obsess over AD leaving and trying to ruin his image just don't understand the concept of free agency. 

• Like 1

Just got him in another league.  This one was a  9 cat keeper league.  AD plus a throw in. for Jrue, Drummond, and Covington.  Idgaf about the risk.  This is the #1 player in fantasy and people are selling low.  My advice is to throw caution into the wind and just start buying his stock.  This is buying BP at $29 guys, it's only up from here.  

1 minute ago, StifleTower2 said:

Just got him in another league.  This one was a  9 cat keeper league.  AD plus a throw in. for Jrue, Drummond, and Covington.  Idgaf about the risk.  This is the #1 player in fantasy and people are selling low.  My advice is to throw caution into the wind and just start buying his stock.  This is buying BP at $29 guys, it's only up from here.  

What is the risk? AD will be impacted by going to a super team, but his floor is so high because of stocks. A couple points and a board or two won't really impact him all that much. This isn't like KLove joining the Cavs or Bosh joining the Heat. 

Just now, thezing1 said:

What is the risk? AD will be impacted by going to a super team, but his floor is so high because of stocks. A couple points and a board or two won't really impact him all that much. This isn't like KLove joining the Cavs or Bosh joining the Heat. 

Perceived risk, I meant.  I'm buying him everywhere.  Capitalizing on panic.  If you're here typing and not sending out buy low offers everywhere you can, you're wasting your time.  :P

Edited by StifleTower2

1 minute ago, thezing1 said:

Lebron basically said this already. All of the talk about hurting someone's image is overblown IMO. It would be talked about for a news cycle because there isn't enough content in a sports day to fill 24 hours so talking heads will blabber on and obsess, but the reality is once the season starts and games are won or lost all of that goes out the window. In 10 years no one will talk about Lebron's recruiting tactics. They will only talk about his championships and all the ones he lost in the finals. And no one will care about AD leaving NOP. It will be disappointing for an NOP fan, but you don't own a player when you draft him. Your own actions (inability to field a competitive team) caused this outcome. It is your fault. It isn't like people care all that much about Lebron leaving Cleveland now that Dan Gilbert's train wreck of an organization is on full display. People who obsess over AD leaving and trying to ruin his image just don't understand the concept of free agency. 

It`s happening. Sources told that Boston is not his preferred destination. You were right, the image is not concern for LBJ anymore - we are getting close to "AD will re-sign only with Lakers".

5 minutes ago, StifleTower2 said:

Perceived risk, I meant.  I'm buying him everywhere.  Capitalizing on panic.  If you're here typing and not sending out buy low offers everywhere you can, you're wasting your time.  :P

I'm definitely panicking, fwiw.

Just now, My Dinner With Andre said:

I'm definitely panicking, fwiw.

Good.  When one person panics, someone makes money.  Might be me, might be you, but someone's fortune will change.  I could lose in the redraft league but I was willing to roll the dice given that I was trading other risky players (Irving, Gasol, Miro).  But idk how I can lose in the keeper league getting him for Jrue, Drummond, and RoCo.  He's the #1 player in 9 cat, those guys usually cost half your team to obtain, it's like trying to steal from Smaug.  Even if I lose short-term, idk how you can lose in a keeper league when you're obtaining the #1 guy.