JDL88

Anthony Davis Season Outlook 2018-2019

2 hours ago, Jake the snake said:
1967.jpg

Anthony Davis "doesn’t want to be in New Orleans any longer," according to ESPN's Stephen A. Smith.

After Davis parted ways with longtime agent Thad Foucher to sign with Rich Paul of Klutch Sports, rumors began circulating that AD wanted to land in L.A. Here's the full quote from Stephen A. Smith, speaking on ESPN’s Get Up!: "He definitely wants out. He signed with Klutch Sports. Anthony Davis doesn’t want to be in New Orleans any longer. Whether it’s definitively the Los Angeles Lakers I’m not so sure. I would keep Golden State and Boston in the mix... There is no question that this will in all likelihood be his last season in New Orleans."
Sep 28 - 9:39 AM

I usually stop reading after "according to Stephen A. Smith", wouldn't be all that shocking if this was true but I'll still wait for someone else to confirm it before giving it too much attention.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, superjew said:

I agree.  They need to institute a franchise tag.  Force some of these players to stay in their situations and make their teams better instead of forming these ridiculous super teams.

47 minutes ago, rage2021 said:

Adam Silver and Michelle Roberts to blame. both should be fired for this nonsense i dont see any preventative steps taken to limit these.

GSW with KD turned a lot of people off I know.

It's a total joke and something needs to get done before more fans turn away.  I could care less about the NBA aside from fantasy hoops, which is the only thing that keeps me interested in the game these days.  At least Silver understands that fantasy/gambling is a big part of what fuels interest and ratings in his sport.

Enough of my rant though - not sure how this may affect AD's fantasy value.  If he is moved at some point, obviously a big boost for Mirotic & Randle and Jrue would even more so be the man in New Orleans. 

There is something in place to help keep players with their respective team, it’s restricted free agency and players are basically under contract for 7-8 years. Obviously a player can accept a qualifying offer and become unrestricted after their rookie deal but that rarely happens.

I cant blame AD for leaving if he spends 5+ years with a team and they cant put enough talent around him to possibly compete. KD leaving a team that was 1 game away from the NBA finals is much different

This most likely Stephen A coming with a hot take using no actual source. He will not get traded during this season. In next years offseason I guess it wouldbe possible

Edited by FantasyBallFan

Can't blame him for wanting a better situation.  Would be different if he had a legit chance to win on a contending team but that's not going to happen in New Orleans. 

Not re-signing rondo may have had impact on this decision (if it’s true he wants out). Rondo was 2 rebounds shy of averaging a triple double in the playoffs. His chemistry with AD was great. Why they wouldn’t match lakers (unless rondo wanted out) was dumb. 

7 hours ago, young_styler said:

Can't blame him for wanting a better situation.  Would be different if he had a legit chance to win on a contending team but that's not going to happen in New Orleans. 

Then don't sign a long term super max contract with them then. He has used them to get max money and now is trying to ring chase. That's bullßhit. There should be a system that players on max deals that request a trade get docked like 20 or 25% of their salary maybe more. Easy fix. Silver just has no spine to do something like that and just cares about lobbying for more gambling money

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WadeW said:

Clear cut number 1 pick in 9-cat?

AD or Harden, with the slight edge to AD.

I had first overall pick. I wanted AD but chose harden. Houston got 4-4-3 schedule vs 3-3-3 pelican schedule. That one extra game swung it for me although if both had similar schedule I go AD. I normally never missed a playoffs so getting in never been a problem.

I  think he could hit over a trey a game and get his dimes to 3 a night...  monster monster year coming. MVP type season.

1 minute ago, MNDOGG said:

I  think he could hit over a trey a game and get his dimes to 3 a night...  monster monster year coming. MVP type season.

If he stays healthy.....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WadeW said:

If he stays healthy.....

of course.. last two seasons hes played 75+ so hopefully hes figured out hs body now ..  and added grown man muscle helps too

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, misterj said:

This guy, first game and he already has what'll be one of the fantasy lines of the year.

Not really, I can still remember 2 years ago he dropped already the fantasy line of the year 50/15 with multiple steals and blocks and elite %s

3 minutes ago, sya said:

Not really, I can still remember 2 years ago he dropped already the fantasy line of the year 50/15 with multiple steals and blocks and elite %s

8 minutes ago, misterj said:

This guy, first game and he already has what'll be one of the fantasy lines of the year.

Yea tonight's line was, average I'd say. Basically what I'd expect on a nightly basis! :D

I'm going to praise the line a bit more than some.  Yes, he will have really good lines on an almost nightly basis, but the elite volume %'s along with the Assists should vault this above some of his lines he will have this season.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, MrJuiceBar said:

Can't expect the assists to hold up, but GOD DAMN I love these pels

Maybe not 7 per game, but I don't see why he can't average at least 5 a game.  With the pace they play, him playing alongside Mirotic, and Cousins being gone, I think he can keep the assists going well enough.  Obviously they aren't going to average over 140 PPG forever, but that's pretty much beside the point.

This thread only gets active when he gets injured no ? lol . It hurts when this guy is on the opponent side. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hoopking said:

This thread only gets active when he gets injured no ? lol . It hurts when this guy is on the opponent side. 

Yeah lines like these are just another day at the office

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, hoopking said:

Not surprising seeing him put these kinds of lines up but this was one of his easier matchups, had gallinari on him for a big part of the game