JDL88

Anthony Davis Season Outlook 2018-2019

Should we trade AD while he still has some valur left?

1 minute ago, Ganandorf said:

Should we trade AD while he still has some valur left?

Yes.  To me.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, StifleTower2 said:

Yes.  To me.

Get Okafor as a handcuff. With so many 2/3 for 1 trades for AD, you have a room ;). If AD is not traded by the deadline i don`t see him playing ROS. He is too valuable now for the Pels to risk his health (which is always concern).

• Like 2

Both AD and Gentry have said he'll play the season out 

"He's a pro " 

Make of that what you will 

3 minutes ago, Quazza said:

Both AD and Gentry have said he'll play the season out 

"He's a pro " 

Make of that what you will 

Risk season ending injury I doubt it but well see

I think it’s unlikely he gets shutdown.  I think there’s a real risk he doesn’t get traded and then he misses random games due to phantom injury which will torpedo the value of his already s---y playoff schedule.  But I don’t think he will be completely shutdown.  

The upside is you might get the #1 fantasy player by a long shot for a great discount.  Past experience tells me these sort of things tend to blow over.  It did with Bledsoe, Kawhi, etc 

Edited by StifleTower2

If reports are true they are shopping Randle, Mirotic and Moore for picks I will be looking to ship AD off for a top 10 return as soon as he steps on the court if possible as I fear a big tank coming.  

6 minutes ago, StifleTower2 said:

I think it’s unlikely he gets shutdown.  I think there’s a real risk he doesn’t get traded and then he misses random games due to phantom injury which will torpedo the value of his already s---y playoff schedule.  But I don’t think he will be completely shutdown.  

The upside is you get the #1 fantasy player by a long shot for a great discount.  Past experience tells me these sort of things tend to blow over.  It did with Bledsoe, Kawhi, etc 

If he doesn't get traded, I could see him missing a lot of games down the stretch due to rest or "illness".  Cans will be tanking and no reason to put him at risk.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

If he doesn't get traded, I could see him missing a lot of games down the stretch due to rest or "illness".  Cans will be tanking and no reason to put him at risk.

Me too.  But that’s not too relevant in dynasty and only somewhat relevant in roto.  If you trade for him now and get 20 good games from him at a zscore of 1.2 that’s better than getting 30 games out of someone who can only manage a zscore of .6 in roto.  Lots of risk in H2H though. 

3 hours ago, StifleTower2 said:

I was with you until you said..."Drummound (sp) and Vucevic are the most overrated C's by far...guys can't play defense and don't stretch the floor to help out others."

Vucevic shoots .375 from the three which is basically guard quality three point shooting.  Anthony Davis shoots .325 by reference.  Vucevic ranks 12th in the NBA for both defensive real plus minus and 12th in total real plus minus.  He doesn't block a ton of shots but he is good at containment, defensive rebounding, and challenging without fouling all of which is hallmark of good defense.  If you watched Magic games you'd see they are almost always up by 10ish points even against playoff bound teams when Vuc is on the floor and when he subs out they always give up the lead.  By every objective metric Vucevic is a top 20 player.  Considering all I ever see is people s--- talk Vuc constantly I'd say he's not only one of the most UNDERrated centers but also one of the most underrated players.  Period.  

When I look a player, I like to look at a large sample size...like his career, not this year. Also, make sure you take contract years into account, which it is for Nikola. Dude missed at least 15 games EVERY OTHER YEAR. Yea he's shooting .375 THIS YEAR...how about his career? He finally started shooting 3's on a consistent basis last year, when he was 31.4 and 30.7 the year before, 22% the year before that. Not bad, but not great. Now AD....this year 32.5%, last year 34%, 30%, 32.4%...crazy seems like he's really consistent eh? That's what you call a STUD. He's also attempting MORE THAN DOUBLE THE 3 point attempts PER GAME than Vuc over this time. I don't even want to compare defense because it's just night and day. 

Plus or minus is the worst stat to look at. It's such a bogus stat because you can literally have someone not play defense or even shoot and he can walk away with a positive plus/minus. "Containment" is that what you call bad defense. He's a better Kanter, that's it. He can score and has range, he's not going to make anyone better. Drummond has been a joke for awhile now. Dude is slow, doesn't want to evolve any of his shots. Stop being stuck in the moment or the past. Look at a large sample size. Everyone can put up numbers. Westbrook is averaging a triple double ! OMG! He's also shooting 20% from 3 and below 50% from the field....AWFUL.

Please look at more than half a year before you tell me Vuc or Drummound isn't overrated. When you don't win, and lose over and over and over...there's a reason why. One dimensional and only good for fantasy. That's it.

Edited by hamburglar628
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Forever Smooth said:

Agree totally with Cousins and AD. Like to add that if not for his injury, Rondo would not have left either. Rondo  was a major part in the defense. Rondo a huge loss too and it shows in their defense. Shut Dame down and swept POR.

Honestly, the whole NBA changed from that injury. I loved that tandem and you are absolutely right about rondo. They literally had everything they needed, all they had to do was add Mirotic because they were already surrounded by shooters like Jrue and Moore. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Gohawks said:

I doubt those two are considered legit C's by anyone. Well...there's probably someone but no one that knows basketball looks at them as studs.

Anyways, numerous times is twice. That's it. Once Cousins went down they crashed. You simply don't expect that from a generational talent. 

Well that's part of the issue that I see. That's why he isn't on the status of Lebron. It's also why Lakers should do everything to keep Lonzo. Great pairing for Davis but he will probably have to go.

For the record, by overrated I don't mean he isn't a super star and incredible player. It's just the notion that people think he is basically the next coming of Lebron in terms of dominance. I don't see it. Him needing help alone doesn't make him the next Lebron.

They are definitely Center's LMAO...I guess if they both didn't knock down 3's , you would consider them a center. Both guys are over 7 feet and have a paint presence. It's called evolution. They finished 6th in the western conference after he went down...what did you expect from them? Remember the year before where AD carried the pelicans in the playoffs against GS but HAD NO HELP AT ALL. This is the western conference that Davis is still able to compete. No one is on the status of Lebron. No one. Get Davis, keep Hart, and get cheap shooters and vets. Remember...Anthony Davis IS 25 YEARS OLD. He still has 10-15 years left. He won't be Lebron but he's a top 5 player.

Edited by hamburglar628

3 minutes ago, hamburglar628 said:

They are definitely Center's LMAO...I guess if they both didn't knock down 3's , you would consider them a center. Both guys are over 7 feet and have a paint presence. It's called evolution. They finished 6th in the western conference after he went down...what did you expect from them? Remember the year before where AD carried the pelicans in the playoffs against GS but HAD NO HELP AT ALL. This is the western conference that Davis is still able to compete. No one is on the status of Lebron. No one. Get Davis, keep Hart, and get cheap shooters and vets. Remember...Anthony Davis IS 25 YEARS OLD. He still has 10-15 years left. He won't be Lebron but he's a top 5 player.

Hart is a scrub

1 minute ago, RingMyBell said:

Hart is a scrub

He's averaging 37% in his first two seasons from the 3. He's ideal for a LeBron James led team.

15 minutes ago, hamburglar628 said:

When I look a player, I like to look at a large sample size...like his career, not this year. Also, make sure you take contract years into account, which it is for Nikola. Dude missed at least 15 games EVERY OTHER YEAR. Yea he's shooting .375 THIS YEAR...how about his career? He finally started shooting 3's on a consistent basis last year, when he was 31.4 and 30.7 the year before, 22% the year before that. Not bad, but not great. Now AD....this year 32.5%, last year 34%, 30%, 32.4%...crazy seems like he's really consistent eh? That's what you call a STUD. He's also attempting MORE THAN DOUBLE THE 3 point attempts PER GAME than Vuc over this time. I don't even want to compare defense because it's just night and day. 

Plus or minus is the worst stat to look at. It's such a bogus stat because you can literally have someone not play defense or even shoot and he can walk away with a positive plus/minus. "Containment" is that what you call bad defense. He's a better Kanter, that's it. He can score and has range, he's not going to make anyone better. Drummond has been a joke for awhile now. Dude is slow, doesn't want to evolve any of his shots. Stop being stuck in the moment or the past. Look at a large sample size. Everyone can put up numbers. Westbrook is averaging a triple double ! OMG! He's also shooting 20% from 3 and below 50% from the field....AWFUL.

Please look at more than half a year before you tell me Vuc or Drummound isn't overrated. When you don't win, and lose over and over and over...there's a reason why. One dimensional and only good for fantasy. That's it.

You don’t like using objective statistics to assess players.  And it’s evident that the only times you’ve seen the Magic is when they’re playing the team you follow on league pass.  So if your criticism of Vuc stems neither from statistics nor adequate observation I’ll give it the weight it deserves. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, StifleTower2 said:

You don’t like using objective statistics to assess players.  And it’s evident that the only times you’ve seen the Magic is when they’re playing the team you follow on league pass.  So if your criticism of Vuc stems neither from statistics nor adequate observation I’ll give it the weight it deserves. 

I live in South Florida , so I get all the heat and magic games. NEXT

You can't tell me good players on BAD teams are great. Davis elevated his teams to make the playoffs in the WEST. Orlando, in Vuc's BEST YEAR by FAR, is 6th in the east.

LOOK AT THE LEADERS IN +/- this season. ROBERT COVINGTON, DARIO SARIC, and GEORGE HILL...oh man what a stat! Danny Green is 5th. the bucks have 5 guys in the top 12. It's more of a TEAM stat than individual. STOP USING IT, IT'S A BAD STAT!!! 

When you have a player that gives up the same amount of points OR MORE than he actually scores (Melo, Isaiah Thomas, etc) ...they won't help any team win.

16 minutes ago, hamburglar628 said:

I live in South Florida , so I get all the heat and magic games. NEXT

You can't tell me good players on BAD teams are great. Davis elevated his teams to make the playoffs in the WEST. Orlando, in Vuc's BEST YEAR by FAR, is 6th in the east.

LOOK AT THE LEADERS IN +/- this season. ROBERT COVINGTON, DARIO SARIC, and GEORGE HILL...oh man what a stat! Danny Green is 5th. the bucks have 5 guys in the top 12. It's more of a TEAM stat than individual. STOP USING IT, IT'S A BAD STAT!!! 

When you have a player that gives up the same amount of points OR MORE than he actually scores (Melo, Isaiah Thomas, etc) ...they won't help any team win.

The problem with that argument is that the players you referenced are role players on good teams.  Those sorts of players can have excellent real plus minus by being buoyed by their teammates.   But the Magic are the worst team in the league without Vuc so who is buoying him up?  Rather, it’s the opposite, he’s buoying everyone else up.  His real plus minus would be even higher on a good team.  

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, StifleTower2 said:

The problem with that argument is that the players you referenced are role players on good teams.  Those sorts of players can have excellent real plus minus by being buoyed by their teammates.   But the Magic are the worst team in the league without Vuc so who is buoying him up?  Rather, it’s the opposite, he’s buoying everyone else up.  His real plus minus would be even higher on a good team.  

BINGO! Lmao...you are stating facts on why your reasoning behind why Vuc is great (having a good plus/minus) is bull crap. A role player...a guy that comes in and could possibly not knock anything down or defend anyone can have a good plus/minus.  Why should any role player lead the league in +/-? That's why it's a BS stat. Why is the whole starting lineup for the Bucks in the top 12? Why is Danny Green and Lowry in the top 15...Oh they are on teams that WIN GAME. They aren't all time players, just in the right situation.

No Magic are still not the worst team without Vuc...the Knicks, Cavs, and Hawks are. Like I said before, the dude is in a contract year making 12 mill while everyone is making 20+ mill...you think he wants to go nuts before his next contract? The stud's of the NBA do this year after year...like AD. Drummound was entering contract year and what do you know, he finally is hitting a little bit more FT's. Look over a large sample size. Don't even bother typing back cause your so stuck on using the worst stat ever...PLUS/MINUS.

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, hamburglar628 said:

BINGO! Lmao...you are stating facts on why your reasoning behind why Vuc is great (having a good plus/minus) is bull crap. A role player...a guy that comes in and could possibly not knock anything down or defend anyone can have a good plus/minus.  Why should any role player lead the league in +/-? That's why it's a BS stat. Why is the whole starting lineup for the Bucks in the top 12? Why is Danny Green and Lowry in the top 15...Oh they are on teams that WIN GAME. They aren't all time players, just in the right situation.

No Magic are still not the worst team without Vuc...the Knicks, Cavs, and Hawks are. Like I said before, the dude is in a contract year making 12 mill while everyone is making 20+ mill...you think he wants to go nuts before his next contract? The stud's of the NBA do this year after year...like AD. Drummound was entering contract year and what do you know, he finally is hitting a little bit more FT's. Look over a large sample size. Don't even bother typing back cause your so stuck on using the worst stat ever...PLUS/MINUS.

The thing is i dont generally see anyone overrating Vuc. He consistently seems viewed as a 3rd rate asset by most people. Yet the guy is having an MIP, all star level season. You can choose to disregard all this because his contract is up, but they guy is definitely someone who is repeatedly not getting the credit he deserves. 

Drummond is a different story entirely. Seen by most as a top tier asset. Really isnt.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1