Anthony Davis Season Outlook 2018-2019

1 minute ago, ellejamil said:

AD to Mavs with Luka would be magical

They’d have to give 3 Luka’s to get AD tho

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, iowncrazyhair said:

They’d have to give 3 Luka’s to get AD tho

Luka + picks is probably better than anything another team would offer. But the Mavs wouldn't do it.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, hipriest69 said:

Offseason  - Celtics for Tatum, Brown, Theiss or Williams, and picks.

Salaries don't really work, but it's the right idea.  Adding Marcus Smart to the deal would make it work OR..... maybe the Celtics would trade Horford as they may not need him or possibly even Hayward?  Would the Cans want him?  But imagine Horford, Tatum, Brown, 2 picks for Davis and Hill.  Cans clear Hill's contract.  Horford's an expiring deal so they can flip him for more assets and they get the big prize... Tatum.  If the Celtics could re-sign Kyrie (which I think would be part of the understanding), then they'd have:

Irving, Smart, Hayward, Davis and someone (I think they'd work hard to re-sign Morris).  Fill in some bench spots, it could be pretty nasty.... but expensive.  They'd need some shooting so re-signing Morris would be big.

What if... the Warriors traded Klay and Draymond for AD then also resigned KD. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Salaries don't really work, but it's the right idea.  Adding Marcus Smart to the deal would make it work OR..... maybe the Celtics would trade Horford as they may not need him or possibly even Hayward?  Would the Cans want him?  But imagine Horford, Tatum, Brown, 2 picks for Davis and Hill.  Cans clear Hill's contract.  Horford's an expiring deal so they can flip him for more assets and they get the big prize... Tatum.  If the Celtics could re-sign Kyrie (which I think would be part of the understanding), then they'd have:

Irving, Smart, Hayward, Davis and someone (I think they'd work hard to re-sign Morris).  Fill in some bench spots, it could be pretty nasty.... but expensive.  They'd need some shooting so re-signing Morris would be big.

No one is touching Haywards contract

18 minutes ago, Raiiny said:

That’s a bad trade for the Warriors.

21 minutes ago, Raiiny said:

Not good for warriors.

20 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

That’s a bad trade for the Warriors.

Only reason is cause Warriors are 99% not going to be able to keep all of Klay, Draymond and KD. 1 of them(most likely Draymond or KD) or even both is likely gone after this year. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Raiiny said:

Only reason is cause Warriors are 99% not going to be able to keep all of Klay, Draymond and KD. 1 of them(most likely Draymond or KD) or even both is likely gone after this year. 

Why would the Cans do it really?  Klay would walk this summer and probably Draymond the next.  It's not a bad deal for the Warriors.... Davis and a stiff is better than a declining Green and Klay by the numbers, but the chemistry may suffer.  But there's no upside for the Cans.

It’s also very likely Pelicans don’t trade him and just shut him down to (1) wait for Celtics, (2) improve lottery odds, and (3) ensure that AD doesn’t suffer major injury before trade

• Like 3

3 hours ago, DezedandConfused said:

AD gonna be a laker by trade deadline/offseason book it

The only one from Lakers package who i think is worth to be in is Kuzma and i am Lakers fan. The picks are garbage, in full rebiuld scenario, which will be obvious for NOLA, dealing with LaVar is suicide, Zubac - come on. The reality is that doesn`t matter how much pressure put LBJ on Lakers brass (the "big" meeting is today), the assets are too overvalued and the signing with LBJ didn`t help to the development of them, too (by the way, with his "injury" he tried to showcase them and re-live the narrative that needs help). IN LA-LA land everyone has own ideas and own strategy: Jeannie wants to make money, Magic wants to form superteam dynasty in a day or two, Rob wants the team to make the playoffs, LBJ wants to not finish the career with 3-6 and in the same time to be a movie star and Luke wakes up every morning with the fear that this day will be his last as a coach. It will not work out for everyone, even if they add AD and bunch of mercenaries. I don`t see with Rich Paul`s actions and all the media pressure, that LBJ will put before the deadline to Pels and Lakers, how Pels will even consider trading with Lakers, when the best offer is from East and it will take just more time to be done.

I think that NOLA will stay pat and Klutch sport agency will transform the drama in real circus, way bigger than Kawhi`s, PG`s or some in the past. That`s not the way to make business and this time LBJ went too far, but the negatives will be for the Lakers, because all of the other teams and GMs will make their conclusions from the trade tactics of the team. They made really big mistake with the way they dealt with the PG situation and now, with the pressure from one player, they are ready to make even bigger. I really hope, i will not be right.

Edited by montanski
  • Like 2

Good luck LeBron, trying to get AD now. If I am the Pels, I would rather sit AD out then trade them to the Lakers especially after I've filed tampering charges. f--- LeBron, f--- Magic & f--- Rich ******** Paul. 

Wait till the off-season and trade him to the Celtics. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, lilremix328 said:

Should we be worried about a potential shutdown and try to trade him?

Why? Unless he is hurt then no. They may keep out a few days leading up to the trade deadline, but that's it. Remember,  the Bulls got in trouble  for sitting Holiday and Lopez last year. N.O. would be fined if they shut him down other than injury. 

Time to cool off here. There is no way that New Orleans sells their best player for chunk change 

4 minutes ago, Trade Monster said:

Why? Unless he is hurt then no. They may keep out a few days leading up to the trade deadline, but that's it. Remember,  the Bulls got in trouble  for sitting Holiday and Lopez last year. N.O. would be fined if they shut him down other than injury. 

He may opt to surgery of the finger, because the pain is too much ;). Naturally, after 7th february.

Remember when Kawhi wanted to go to LA so Pop sent him to another friggen country? 

Classic Pop

• Haha 3

Now that we know AD wants to go to the Lakers, NO might as well deal him now before they lose leverage unless they are hoping teams would gamble on a rental like okc did with PG. 

2 hours ago, guess_wh0 said:

Good luck LeBron, trying to get AD now. If I am the Pels, I would rather sit AD out then trade them to the Lakers especially after I've filed tampering charges. f--- LeBron, f--- Magic & f--- Rich ******** Paul. 

Wait till the off-season and trade him to the Celtics. 

The league needs to keep that same energy then with the Clippers and even the bucks. If they really drop some tampering charges. They gotta stay consistent with every team doing it. Not just one.

I’m more concerned that they sit him for the rest of the year so he doesn’t get hurt before they trade him. I want that ship.

I think most likely we will see AD move to the east this off-season or next season.

The Lakers simply can't make an attractive enough package for AD. Why would the Pelicans want to be the former Lakers team? Unless LBJ can control the Pelicans' management, I just don't see it happens.

• Like 1