JDL88

Anthony Davis Season Outlook 2018-2019

Portland is an interesting one with CJ + Nurk + some other pieces. 

45 minutes ago, Russianog said:

Lebron doesn't get traded without Lebron.... lol! why the HELL would lebron agree to that?

LBJ doesn`t have "no trade" clause or "veto" clause (like KCP for example). If Lakers decide to trade him, they can send him back to his buddy JR and there is nothing he can do. I doubt that these people, who are running Lakers now, will trade him anyway.

1 hour ago, Gohawks said:

2nd in scoring, 2nd in defensive rating, 2nd in rebounds, 3rd in assists, and 3rd in steals. I'd say he is the second best player. Either way, I agree it's a pass if he is the main guy in a deal which is why Bucks won't get Davis. 

5th in WS, 6th in WS/48 (minimum of 800 minutes), 4th in PER, 5th in VORP, 4th in Value Added, 4th in Net rating, 4th in DRtg.

He's not their 2nd best player.  Probably not their 3rd.

47 minutes ago, colepenhagen said:

brog 50/40/90 with ability to get to the rim and finish. don't know how much is the team he is on but brog looks legit (he is 26)

As I wrote, love the guy.  But do you think he's the 2nd on a championship squad eventually?  3rd?  Maybe a 3rd.  If you think he's eventually a 2nd, then you're simply braver than I.  You may be right, but I'm not buying that potential.  Love the dude though.  Great role player.

trade.JPG.ea2261c66da85c00e3a44330279658fb.JPG

image.png.b040ab3a5666227d7e2c7ef26fa08320.png

Boston

Guards

Holiday - Rozier - Payton - Smart

Forwards / C

Tatum - Morris - Ojeleye - AD -Horford 

New Orleans

Guards

Bledsoe - Brodgon - Jaylen Brown - Jackson

Forwards / C

Hayward - Randle - Mirotic - Moore - Okafor

Bucks 

Irving for Bledsoe and Brogdon

Would never happen - but who's worse off after these 2 trades?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, slick7410 said:

Boston

Guards

Forwards / C

New Orleans

Guards

Forwards / C

Bucks 

Pelicans. But they’re going to be worse off anyway once they lose AD.  I like this one a lot more than any I’ve seen so far though.  

Edited by StifleTower2

5 minutes ago, slick7410 said:

Boston

Guards

Forwards / C

New Orleans

Guards

Forwards / C

Bucks 

Something to note.... Kyrie and AD are very close.  They're besties on the Olympic teams and probably want to play together in some sense.  I doubt AD would want to be traded FOR Kyrie unless he knew it was something Kyrie wanted and I don't think AD would want to go to Boston L-T without Kyrie.  Just a guess but I do know they're tight.

• Like 1

Lost a ton of respect for AD for his recent trade talk antics.  Thought he was better than the Kawhi, Butler, Durant, Lebron selfish turds of the league.  Guess not.  

I'm a Celts fan, and I'd rather ride out the young talent for years and see how they do, win or lose, then sell our soul for a mercenary who has no ties to a community and will leave when a better opportunity to ride a championship wave with his buddies comes along.  Kyrie can pound sand too, guy is a tool.  I'd rather win 50 games with young guys who want to be here, than a single title with a bunch of diva mercenaries.

I have little faith in AD finishing out the regular season if he's not traded by the deadline.  Feel like he'll pull a Kawhi Leonard.  Guy goes to the locker room every single game he plays as it is, so he'll have no shortage of reasons to bail out on New Orleans.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, The_Truth_Returns said:

Lost a ton of respect for AD for his recent trade talk antics.  Thought he was better than the Kawhi, Butler, Durant, Lebron selfish turds of the league.  Guess not.  

First off, he’s made it clear that he will finish out his contract. Second off, he’s actually doing the organization a big favor telling them to trade him and that he won’t come back. This way, they at least get something for him instead of nothing. Don’t put him in the same category as Kawhi (quit on his team), Butler (obvious team issues), and KD (joined an already made championship team).

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

First off, he’s made it clear that he will finish out his contract. Second off, he’s actually doing the organization a big favor telling them to trade him and that he won’t come back. This way, they at least get something for him instead of nothing. Don’t put him in the same category as Kawhi (quit on his team), Butler (obvious team issues), and KD (joined an already made championship team).

He said he'd play out the season, not the duration of his contract.  And regardless, that's such a bull$hit thing to even assure your team of when you're making $25 million guaranteed dollars.  And I also don't believe it at all.

Don;t know if it's upto him to play out the season. The firesale of Pelicans have begun. And they need to get into the bottom 3 asap. So, if they can't trade him, they're shutting him down. Absolutely no reason whatsoever to jeopardize not only his health, but also their own draft position. There is still one year left on his contract to get a King's ransom for him from almost anyone. Also, Lakers could panic and send even better offer than the ones they potentially will in 2 weeks. As of now, I only see 2 teams that can have any hope to re-sign AD. Raptors and Lakers. Lakers for obvious reasons and Raptors coz with AD, Kawhi, Lowry and Ibaka are actually good enough to take Warriors to 6, may be even 7 games. Neither of them can offer a deal anywhere as good as the Celtics. It's really a matter of the level of interest Celtics have. Any package they can get from Lakers will still be there in summer. If anything, it could be better. So, ya, I wouldn't hold my breath about AD being traded at the deadline.

Just now, samtal33k said:

Don;t know if it's upto him to play out the season. The firesale of Pelicans have begun. And they need to get into the bottom 3 asap. So, if they can't trade him, they're shutting him down. Absolutely no reason whatsoever to jeopardize not only his health, but also their own draft position. There is still one year left on his contract to get a King's ransom for him from almost anyone. Also, Lakers could panic and send even better offer than the ones they potentially will in 2 weeks. As of now, I only see 2 teams that can have any hope to re-sign AD. Raptors and Lakers. Lakers for obvious reasons and Raptors coz with AD, Kawhi, Lowry and Ibaka are actually good enough to take Warriors to 6, may be even 7 games. Neither of them can offer a deal anywhere as good as the Celtics. It's really a matter of the level of interest Celtics have. Any package they can get from Lakers will still be there in summer. If anything, it could be better. So, ya, I wouldn't hold my breath about AD being traded at the deadline.

Oh yes. No trade = shut down. 

As mentioned they need to get into that bottom 3 ASAP and why risk an injury to their biggest trade asset? would only lower his value significantly  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, samtal33k said:

It's a good point about being shut down, so either way, it seems highly unlikely that Davis is playing in March or April.

Do these trades ever work out for the team's giving up the superstar?  The players always hold their team hostage by saying they won't resign with X or Y, forcing them to limit their trade partners, and often times minimize any type of return they could get.  The only trade that makes sense for New Orleans would be with the Celtics, because they are the only contender with real assets that I'm aware of.  Tatum could be a franchise player, they have a potential high end lottery pick if the Kings fall back to earth, etc.  Lakers have a bunch of no talent a$$clowns, and no draft picks.  Not sure what the Raptors have to offer, or really any other team that is an Anthony Davis away from contention.  I just don't see how New Orleans benefits by trading to a contender unless its a Danny Ainge style deal for 2023, 2024, and 2025 unprotected picks hoping a franchise implodes.  But the risk is off the charts there, and offers zero immediate return.

The narrative that he's doing New Orleans any type of favor is false in my opinion.  By declaring he's done in New Orleans, they're screwed and in for another long painful rebuild any way its sliced.

3 minutes ago, The_Truth_Returns said:

It's a good point about being shut down, so either way, it seems highly unlikely that Davis is playing in March or April.

Do these trades ever work out for the team's giving up the superstar?  The players always hold their team hostage by saying they won't resign with X or Y, forcing them to limit their trade partners, and often times minimize any type of return they could get.  The only trade that makes sense for New Orleans would be with the Celtics, because they are the only contender with real assets that I'm aware of.  Tatum could be a franchise player, they have a potential high end lottery pick if the Kings fall back to earth, etc.  Lakers have a bunch of no talent a$$clowns, and no draft picks.  Not sure what the Raptors have to offer, or really any other team that is an Anthony Davis away from contention.  I just don't see how New Orleans benefits by trading to a contender unless its a Danny Ainge style deal for 2023, 2024, and 2025 unprotected picks hoping a franchise implodes.  But the risk is off the charts there, and offers zero immediate return.

The narrative that he's doing New Orleans any type of favor is false in my opinion.  By declaring he's done in New Orleans, they're screwed and in for another long painful rebuild any way its sliced.

Absolutely. AD is no saint here. He is doing what's best for him as is his right but he really should've kept it private. Really took any sort of leverage away from them and he should not be let off the hook for that so easily

1 hour ago, The_Truth_Returns said:

He has the right to be tbf. The Pelicans haven't done anything to help him except for the past year or so. Excluding Uncle Jrue and Boogie...

Ryan Anderson, Eric Gordon ( was injury riddled ), Tyreke Evans ( was injury riddled ). That was his best support before those guys throughout his whole tenure.

Motiejunas had potential though with versatility, but he was a cripple too. Mirotic has been his best wing player. What a joke. This was just a wasted 6 years.

15 minutes ago, Trench Mob said:

He has the right to be tbf. The Pelicans haven't done anything to help him except for the past year or so. Excluding Uncle Jrue and Boogie...

Ryan Anderson, Eric Gordon ( was injury riddled ), Tyreke Evans ( was injury riddled ). That was his best support before those guys throughout his whole tenure.

Motiejunas had potential though with versatility, but he was a cripple too. Mirotic has been his best wing player. What a joke. This was just a wasted 6 years.

Still why make it public..and why ONLY ONE team? That's the issue. If anything, he wants to take away ANY leverage Pels ever had. And ensure Lakers can preserve as much of their roster as possible by scaring away other suitors. I get it from ADs perspective. He doesnt want a depleted roster himself. But it sucks really for Pels.

4 minutes ago, brockpapersizer said:

He'll be a Laker, seems like some people really don't want to see that happen.

Ya but not this season. May be during the off season. Unless of course Lakers throw everything including the kitchen sink at them..which i still dunno what it looks like. Celtics truly have the best package possible. But ainge normally doesn't take that kinda risk. Who knows if he will for AD.

1 minute ago, samtal33k said:

Ya but not this season. May be during the off season. Unless of course Lakers throw everything including the kitchen sink at them..which i still dunno what it looks like. Celtics truly have the best package possible. But ainge normally doesn't take that kinda risk. Who knows if he will for AD.

If anything Ainge takes risks most people wouldn’t, eg the pick swap for Tatum, and he’s almost always correct.  I guarantee he’ll go for AD as hard as he can, whether or not he’s successful is another matter. 

11 minutes ago, samtal33k said:

Still why make it public..and why ONLY ONE team? That's the issue. If anything, he wants to take away ANY leverage Pels ever had. And ensure Lakers can preserve as much of their roster as possible by scaring away other suitors. I get it from ADs perspective. He doesnt want a depleted roster himself. But it sucks really for Pels.

As he should. They shouldn't be afforded any leverage. Superstars should be in control. Especially ones who have been handcuffed to s**ty franchises. 

9 minutes ago, brockpapersizer said:

One of the few teams in this league who has championship pedigree. Smart choice. No brainer.

8 minutes ago, Trench Mob said:

As he should. They shouldn't be afforded any leverage. Superstars should be in control. Especially ones who have been handcuffed to s**ty franchises. 

One of the few teams in this league who has championship pedigree. Smart choice. No brainer.

This is a bogus take.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Trench Mob said:

So, let move all the other players, GMs, coaches and play only the "superstars" (maybe with some fan voting we will try to decide whether the player belongs to that group). They will be GMs, coaches and players. Let remove all of the franchises who are not "s**ty" (that will be more hard to determine, because how team which won championship, even 50-60 years ago, is more s**ty than some founded 30 years ago). Let we remove the contracts, because they are "chains" for these crime victims the "superstars", which stop him for playing for their favorite cities/teams or with their buddies. If the players (so called "superstars") are not enough, NBA should become 3 on 3 league. And the commissioner of the league should be one of the "superstars".

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, brockpapersizer said:

24 minutes ago, samtal33k said:

More than likely he will be a Laker . Davis and his camp basically took away all leverage when they said he wont re sign with anyone but LA . Boston just wont take that risk without some assurances from AD and his camp. Contrary to what the news and media has been saying, that Ainge doesnt care about those guarantees. It’s just a bunch of PR bull****. They have a trove of young talent and draft picks, and could definitley put together a better package than the Lakers.  But If Davis really wants to play for LA , he can straight up tell Boston, he wont under any circumstance re sign with them. That pretty much sums it up. His agent Rich paul knows exactly what hes doing. I wouldnt be surprised this move was in the making behind the scenes ever since Lebron came to the Lakers.

18 minutes ago, montanski said:

So, let move all the other players, GMs, coaches and play only the "superstars" (maybe with some fan voting we will try to decide whether the player belongs to that group). They will be GMs, coaches and players. Let remove all of the franchises who are not "s**ty" (that will be more hard to determine, because how team which won championship, even 50-60 years ago, is more s**ty than some founded 30 years ago). Let we remove the contracts, because they are "chains" for these crime victims the "superstars", which stop him for playing for their favorite cities/teams or with their buddies. If the players (so called "superstars") are not enough, NBA should become 3 on 3 league. And the commissioner of the league should be one of the "superstars".

I don't understand this at all.

NO had 7 years with AD. If he wants to move on, move on.

I'm not really sure why this is an issue. The NBA seems to be the only major sport, I can think of, where superstars teaming up with other superstars elicits so many negative emotions. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, tremixt said:

I don't understand this at all.

NO had 7 years with AD. If he wants to move on, move on.

I'm not really sure why this is an issue. The NBA seems to be the only major sport, I can think of, where superstars teaming up with other superstars elicits so many negative emotions. 

People think they can tell others how to live their life.  As the saying goes, if I am more successful than you, you dont need to be giving me advice.