JDL88

Anthony Davis Season Outlook 2018-2019

7 minutes ago, montanski said:

I am sure we will find out pretty soon, who is right, who is wrong, so no need to start this again.

I'm not the one that started it lol

I'm just weirded out that people keep repeating this like it's a fact, it's so ******** bizarre

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

AD has 1.333 years left on his current deal.

LeBron is 34.

Worst case scenario: LeBron will be a couple months away from his 36th birthday before they even play a game together.

Most likely scenario imo, considering Lakers offers so far

Was a believer that ad was Going to get shutdown , now I believe my stud will be wearing purple and gold next week.

AD’s father saying he doesn’t want to go to Boston is really adding up towards pels making that deal w lakers now

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

what makes you think that AD will be Laker before deadline?  Did I miss something in the news?

5 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

what makes you think that AD will be Laker before deadline?  Did I miss something in the news?

Pelicans preparing to counter offer lakers. Asking for 2 first rounds picks and to take on an expiring contract like Solomon hill.

i fully believe magic would get this done now due to Lebrons age , and due to the fact that the pels don’t have any other options since ad said he’s not staying in Boston. Danny ainge would never trade Tatum and draft pick for ad if he didn’t wanna resign 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

Pelicans preparing to counter offer. They might wanna include Hill/Moore’s big contract inexchange for an additional first rounder. Surely Lebron will tell Magic to take the offer and run. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

Pels making counter proposal including 2 first round picks. maybe thats why people get optimistic about a trade happening soon.

9 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

2 words:  Dell Demps.

14 minutes ago, Simsanityy179 said:

Was a believer that ad was Going to get shutdown , now I believe my stud will be wearing purple and gold next week.

AD’s father saying he doesn’t want to go to Boston is really adding up towards pels making that deal w lakers now

Ya dad’s comments are really gonna push the New Orleans pelicans organization over the edge and dictate their future.  Man I can picture it now, Dell Demps: “But did you see what his Dad said!?” Gayle Benson “My goodness, we must act now then, no matter the return!  Messing with a father’s emotions is a big No, no!” 

Lmao, give me a break.

People need to stop buying into every piece of information (real or fake) that is put out.  

Pretty sure the Pelicans are more focused on the best interest of their own future and getting a proper return for a generational talent and not what his daddy said.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, iowncrazyhair said:

Pelicans preparing to counter offer. They might wanna include Hill/Moore’s big contract inexchange for an additional first rounder. Surely Lebron will tell Magic to take the offer and run. 

The only one I could find:

https://www.latimes.com/sports/lakers/la-sp-lakers-report-20190202-story.html

and the most interesting part of the article:

"

The Pelicans are considering making a counter offer that would ask for two first-round picks and add a Pelicans player to the deal, according to people with knowledge of the situation who requested anonymity because they weren’t authorized to speak publicly on the matter.

The Lakers sent five offers to the Pelicans on Wednesday. One of the options offered Lonzo Ball, Kyle Kuzma, Brandon Ingram, Ivica Zubac and a first-round pick, multiple sources said.

The Pelicans have not responded to the Lakers’ initial offers."

Coming from LA paper with unconfirmed sources. I still don't see it why NO has to take this offer now

Edited by Gile Pile

3 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

"

The Pelicans are considering making a counter offer that would ask for two first-round picks and add a Pelicans player to the deal, according to people with knowledge of the situation who requested anonymity because they weren’t authorized to speak publicly on the matter.

The Lakers sent five offers to the Pelicans on Wednesday. One of the options offered Lonzo Ball, Kyle Kuzma, Brandon Ingram, Ivica Zubac and a first-round pick, multiple sources said.

I still don't see it why NO has to take this offer now

If they make a counter offer, which sounds likely, then the onus will be on the Lakers.  It will no longer be about the Pels accepting the Lakers offer, it will be the other way around.  All the Lakers have to do is click accept.  If it’s fundamentally the same offers I sent and I really wanted AD, then adding one poor draft pick, and some bad salary wouldn’t dissuade me.  I would snap accept and get AD.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, StifleTower2 said:

If they make a counter offer, which sounds likely, then the onus will be on the Lakers.  It will no longer be about the Pels accepting the Lakers offer, it will be the other way around.  All the Lakers have to do is click accept.  If it’s fundamentally the same offers I sent and I really wanted AD, then adding one poor draft pick, and some bad salary wouldn’t dissuade me.  I would snap accept and get AD.

That’s what I was thinking, it’s starting to become a real possibility now

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

"

Coming from LA paper with unconfirmed sources. I still don't see it why NO has to take this offer now

AD is putting off teams.  So why gut your roster when the guy will bounce.

6 minutes ago, RingMyBell said:

How about this scenario, for teams fully aware that AD can walk after one year:

- one of the 3 will not make finals in the East: Bucks, Raptors, Celtics

- in the West there are number of teams that might feel AD is missing piece for  finals run: Nuggets, Portland, Utah, Houston, Jazz

Right now NO has Lakers offer.  At the end of the season, there will be multiple offers to chose from.  And if NO wants to include Hill or Moore in salary dump, do you think any team will say: No, that is a deal breaker!  We will not take AD if we have to take those contracts!

12 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

How about this scenario, for teams fully aware that AD can walk after one year:

- one of the 3 will not make finals in the East: Bucks, Raptors, Celtics

- in the West there are number of teams that might feel AD is missing piece for  finals run: Nuggets, Portland, Utah, Houston, Jazz

Right now NO has Lakers offer.  At the end of the season, there will be multiple offers to chose from.  And if NO wants to include Hill or Moore in salary dump, do you think any team will say: No, that is a deal breaker!  We will not take AD if we have to take those contracts!

I can’t speak for this off season , but in regards to this season , it doesn’t matter where ad goes , golden state will still win. No team is going to use him as a rental this season 

IMO he will not be able to play with Lebron as he is not going to want to sacrifice his stats like every other star that played with him (Wade, Bosh, Love, Kyrie (until he demanded a trade).  All stars that play with Lebron are expected to bend the knee and sacrifice while he gets his.  It will be interesting to see if the Lakers become the rental after gutting their team.  

If you think this is not real, why did George choose OKC and Kawhi indicate he wanted to be a Clipper and when KD was asked if he wanted to be in LA with Lebron he took a hard pass.

Lebron is a one way street.

Edited by jjbooda
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

59 minutes ago, RingMyBell said:

Wheres he going to bounce to???

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, jjbooda said:

IMO he will not be able to play with Lebron as he is not going to want to sacrifice his stats like every other star that played with him (Wade, Bosh, Love, Kyrie (until he demanded a trade).  All stars that play with Lebron are expected to bend the knee and sacrifice while he gets his.  It will be interesting to see if the Lakers become the rental after gutting their team.  

If you think this is not real, why did George choose OKC and Kawhi indicate he wanted to be a Clipper and when KD was asked if he wanted to be in LA with Lebron he took a hard pass.

Lebron is a one way street.

I don't think it'll be the same situation with AD due to the position and lack of a 3rd star player. AD won't take a massive hit at the moment.

Edited by ssolitare

The irony of the whole situation is that the Lakers haven't won a playoff game since 2012 and haven't been to the playoffs since 2013.

Only the Kings, Magic, and Suns have longer playoff droughts than the Lakers.

Edited by My Dinner With Andre
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

The irony of the whole situation is that the Lakers haven't won a playoff game since 2012 and haven't been to the playoffs since 2013.

Only the Kings, Magic, and Suns have longer playoff droughts than the Lakers.

They will take their championships tho

31 minutes ago, RingMyBell said:

Lakers

I think a lot of folks feel that’s a hollow threat.  Lakers and Lebron don’t have the time or desire for another “developmental” year.  If it’s not Davis, then they’ll make another move for a star which ties up enough cap space that Davis can’t go to them via free agency.  It’ll have to be a trade....

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

I think a lot of folks feel that’s a hollow threat.  Lakers and Lebron don’t have the time or desire for another “developmental” year.  If it’s not Davis, then they’ll make another move for a star which ties up enough cap space that Davis can’t go to them via free agency.  It’ll have to be a trade....

I would bet its not a hollow threat.  He isnt signed with Rich Paul for fun.

Edited by RingMyBell

1 minute ago, RingMyBell said:

I would bet its not a hollow threat.  He isnt signed with Rich Paul for fun.

How it is not a hollow threat?   AD and Rich Paul have no way of forcing NO to make a trade before deadline