JDL88

Anthony Davis Season Outlook 2018-2019

11 minutes ago, Portis4Potus said:

I’ve got both. It’s the only way to not be entirely disappointed. 

Only reason I didnt pick up Jah was because I didnt think AD would be out long, and he hadnt requested a trade. lol.  By the time it got out, I got sniped.

2 minutes ago, Fantasyhero said:

To win without AD seems impossible. He's that awsome. Blocks you have a huge hole. His Steals are great. The FG%. the low TOs. You can't recover from that loss. 

if you lose your first rounder you can call it a season....the teams on top of leagues are just to good. 

It depends on the situation.  If it's H2H and he misses the entire fantasy playoffs then yes it seems tough.  However, as others have mentioned I doubt he gets shutdown entirely.  He will get rest days for sure, but that was already a risk.  His PO schedule already sucks so maybe you get 1-2 games out of him per week.  That said, his z score is still 1.2 and even other first rounders have sub .6, and top 30 guys are like .3.  So one AD game is like an entire week from a top 30 guy.  Maybe if things go right you could still claw your way through.  I have him in two H2H leagues and I'm just hoping he plays *any* games in the playoffs.  For roto, he's still great, and if you get 15+ games out of him ros I'd count it as a blessing.

1 hour ago, Apollo_87 said:

So there's 2 ways this goes.

1. Pelicans go for 1 last hurrah and try to make the playoffs and play AD.

2. Random DNPs (mostly on the road and non-nationally televised games), reduced minutes and the Pelicans start tanking a bit.

A full tank and him getting completely shut down isn't likely to happen simply because the optics of that are too bad - from the league perspective as well as from the paying Pelicans fan perspective. It won't fly. However, if there's anything like a minor-injury or even a light bruise, expect him to be given ample time to heal.

So all AD owners, while it's not ideal, it isn't the end of the world.

You're one of the few people that have posted in here recently that is actually being reasonable and not automatically thinking the worst for whatever reason.

Just because he wasn't traded today doesn't mean he's going to get shutdown.  He said yet again today that he wants to play the rest of the way, which has been a fact since he said he wouldn't sign their extension.  Obviously that doesn't mean the team can't do something, but you'd have to be an even bigger idiot than people think the owner is to be willing to go down that road.  Davis could file a grievance, the league could step in and do whatever, and obviously the fans could sue.  Would they really want to have to deal with all of that just to prevent him from getting an injury that he would have the whole offseason to come back from?  I don't see it, nor would it make teams offer them less.  Everybody who does anything with the NBA already knows what Anthony Davis is.

• Like 2

People still arguing about the trade but missed out on my post that he is officially off the injury report.

Sure it might not mean a whole lot but it's something.  :lol:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HotSauce24 said:

People still arguing about the trade but missed out on my post that he is officially off the injury report.

Sure it might not mean a whole lot but it's something.  :lol:

I was just about to post it...thoughts? What does that mean....off injury report, but does it matter? Does it mean he's playing? Is he like any bench player and he could just DNP-DD (Dell Demps)?

• Haha 1

Anthony Davis (finger) isn't on the injury report ahead of Friday's game vs. the Wolves.

Davis reportedly wanted to play in the Pelicans' previous two games but the team held him out with the deadline looming. Now that he's in New Orleans until the end of the season, he reportedly wants to play in "every game" -- but the Pelicans will want to protect their prized trade asset and may have other ideas. From a fantasy perspective, AD staying in New Orleans carries obvious risk and isn't an ideal outcome from the trade deadline

3 minutes ago, dfstout said:

I was just about to post it...thoughts? What does that mean....off injury report, but does it matter? Does it mean he's playing? Is he like any bench player and he could just DNP-DD (Dell Demps)?

I'd say it's borderline meaningless.  I'm not saying they will sit him out, as I just made a long enough post saying why I don't think they will, but he can just be a DNP-CD then instead of being out with an injury..

16 minutes ago, Fantasyhero said:

they let him play to fake an injury and then shut him down for the season.....

Why would AD fake an injury if he's made it clear he wants to play?

17 minutes ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

Ya know Jrue Holliday could get hurt too.

Remind me why he's playing?

Just now, FantasyBallFan said:

Get that MvP title. He didnt bust his a** to be number 1 to lose it this easily #wishfulThinkingFromADOwner

Just now, FantasyBallFan said:

that means nothing... he has to say this...

I dont want to know how they talk behind closed doors. I wanna leave to win but now i want to play with these scrubs here just for fun. This is stupid.

27 minutes ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

Ya know Jrue Holliday could get hurt too.

Remind me why he's playing?

Jrue is not going to actively be shopped in the offseason, sending a lasting rippling effect for a franchise for years to come...he's also the leader of the team and not the guy who said he wanted out...

AD is, but that all changes if he gets hurt, compromising the trade,

and that is why it makes sense to play Jrue, so fans come and watch,

and not play AD, so they can get max trade value and hopefully get their next cornerstone, who wants to be there, with that return.

Edited by dfstout
  • Like 1

I'm not going to speculate on how many games he will play but everyone who drafted him knew that he was the biggest risk in fantasy bc he cost the most and had a high risk of injury.  They also got a huge discount on his price.  He has a zscore of 1.2ish and other first round players are under .6 and cost $60+ which means if you were paying fair market value for AD he *should* cost $100+.  Most people got him for under $80 which is a huge discount.  If you drafted him first in snake, congrats that's like having two top 10 players.  Nothing has really changed that much.  He's still a huge risk but we knew that from the beginning.  Maybe things are marginally worse, but it might not be a disaster.

Edited by StifleTower2

11 minutes ago, Fantasyhero said:

that means nothing... he has to say this...

I dont want to know how they talk behind closed doors. I wanna leave to win but now i want to play with these scrubs here just for fun. This is stupid.

He doesn't have to say it, in fact Kawhi Leonard did the complete opposite and made it clear he did not want to play. Some players in the NBA love to play and would hate the idea of sitting out 2 and a half months for no reason. Making a trade request does not mean you'll never play for the team again and despite what you want to believe every single report regarding AD has indicated that he still wanted to play. Obviously smoke and mirrors exist, but there's obvious reason why AD would want to play, just like there's arguments as to why he wouldn't want to play.

The team certainly has no reason to play him but I truly doubt the NBA will allow them to sit a top 5 player earning 20mil when fans have paid good money for tickets. If both parties agreed( i.e. JR Smith and the Cavs) then I think it would work but everything points to AD wanting to play.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, FantasyBallFan said:

but I truly doubt the NBA will allow them to sit a top 5 player earning 20mil when fans have paid good money for tickets.

Good luck with that hope.... There is no ways to keep track of what is behind a DNP or not. The pels will find a way to get this done. Maybe not a full shutdown from the start, but sooner then later....

Edited by Fantasyhero
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Fantasyhero said:

Good luck with that hope.... There is no ways to keep track of what is behind a DNP or not. The pels will find a way to get this done. Maybe not a full shutdown from the start, but sooner or later....

Good job deflecting the rest of my response.

I personally believe AD will play this week but going forward I dont know. At some point maybe with a month left in the season they will be able to send him home without the NBA intervening. If they try to send him home now I'm positive AD will file a grievance with the NBA.

Edited by FantasyBallFan
  • Thanks 1

So here's somethin crazy...ready...

On the nights AD plays...

Jah starts at C

AD starts at PF

Kenrich SF

Frank and Darius guards

Then Julius relieves AD and then  eventually shifts to C and Kenrich plays PF, then Jah back in then AD (I guess)

Minimizing ADs role and minutes for fear of injury but still playing him

Pepper in DNP-DellDemps for AD w/ Julius and Jah front courts

and you have your compromise :ph34r:

8 minutes ago, FantasyBallFan said:

Good job deflecting the rest of my response.

I personally believe AD will play this week but going forward I dont know. At some point maybe with a month left in the season they will be able to send him home without the NBA intervening. If they try to send him home now I'm positive AD will file a grievance with the NBA.

It's clear they have to find some kind of reason why. But that is not very tough... an injury or even DNP CD. Enes Kanter was healthy too and what did the nba do?

i doubt AD plays alot after they are behind by 20 at the half almost every game

Edited by Fantasyhero

Its stuff like this that makes me hate the NBA sometimes. Too often it feels like the league is built more on these huge clashing egos than attempting to win basketball games.

This is all unknown.  People in here aren't plugged in to the Pels FO.  Lets see how it unfolds and go from there

• Thanks 1