JDL88

Anthony Davis Season Outlook 2018-2019

Play him all 48 out of spite. Run him down in protest to his protest. The league interferes with this BS when the right thing for the organization is to bench him.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, actionhero said:

Play him all 48 out of spite. Run him down in protest to his protest. The league interferes with this BS when the right thing for the organization is to bench him.

Indeed. That's what they do in the NFL.

It's possible that part of their rationale for playing him is that he rediscovers his love for basketball and the Big Easy, causing him rescind his trade request, however unlikely that may be.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, FantasyMamba said:

What I'll say is that a lot of times AD would miss those little games here and there it was because Pelicans were concerned with putting him through pain. Now however, they really do not care about his medium term health and thus might be more inclined to let him play through some of those (disregarding long term injury risk of course)

That would be illogical as the Cans are trying to tank too.  Any excuse to sit him: a hang nail, a headache, a twisted ankle, they’ll sit him.  It’s in their best interests to do so while keeping them off the NBAPA’s radar...

• Like 1

Lineup note: Anthony Davis expected to see a reduction in minutes and will likely be rested in most, if not all, back-to-backs.

4 minutes ago, chud12 said:

Lineup note: Anthony Davis expected to see a reduction in minutes and will likely be rested in most, if not all, back-to-backs.

They only have 3 more back to backs and none during the fantasy playoffs (of course they have no 4 game weeks during the playoffs either). The reduction in minutes shouldn't be a big deal either. 

The bigger concern is that any nagging injury will likely lead to missed games and  Davis is Mr. Nagging injury. 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, dfstout said:

So here's somethin crazy...ready...

On the nights AD plays...

Jah starts at C

AD starts at PF

Kenrich SF

Frank and Darius guards

Then Julius relieves AD and then  eventually shifts to C and Kenrich plays PF, then Jah back in then AD (I guess)

Minimizing ADs role and minutes for fear of injury but still playing him

Pepper in DNP-DellDemps for AD w/ Julius and Jah front courts

and you have your compromise :ph34r:

Called it...

According to Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN, "here’s what to expect with Anthony Davis’ usage the rest of way with Pelicans: Fewer, if any, back-to-backs and a reduction in minutes from his 37 per game."

This certainly isn't surprising, as the only reason the Pels are playing Davis at all is to avoid disciple from Adam Silver and the league office. With New Orleans effectively eliminated from the playoffs in the stacked Western Conference, the Pels primary focus over the second half of the season will be keeping AD healthy so they can trade him at full value in July. Julius Randle and Jahlil Okafor will be the primary beneficiaries.

still better than total shutdown. still sad though

im just praying he plays majority of playoffs but i doubt it. going to be some random low minute games.

I m really curious to see the home crowd's reaction to AD being on the floor.

This blows - would rather have bloody Kawhi!!! At least you know he’s going a hundred when out there. 

Barkley said something last night that stuck with me about guys getting injured when half-assing it!!! Something to ponder.

Edited by Taipan

18 hours ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

Ya know Jrue Holliday could get hurt too.

Remind me why he's playing?

you really dont understand the difference???

17 hours ago, Ganandorf said:

Get that MvP title. He didnt bust his a** to be number 1 to lose it this easily #wishfulThinkingFromADOwner

Fantasy mvp you must mean? becuase the actual mvp race has been locked up

16 hours ago, RingMyBell said:

Shout out to all the haters

meaning what exactly?

15 hours ago, HotSauce24 said:

If AD gets injured, only Pels have themselves to blame. 

They dragged this out and here we are. 

There is also the players union, where the NBA has likely the most powerful one. 

what are you talking about? dragged it out? or how about they are waiting until the summer in order to get the best deal for their organization... some really out of reality people on this site...and internet in general...

Hey, im glad hes going to play but this is BS for the Pelicans... how is this any different then when a team banishes a player asking them to stay removed from practices and games for conduct detrimental to the team... a player requesting a trade, mid season while in contract should carry the same label as conduct detrimental to the team

• Like 1

15 hours ago, StifleTower2 said:

It's possible that part of their rationale for playing him is that he rediscovers his love for basketball and the Big Easy, causing him rescind his trade request, however unlikely that may be.

There's always a chance he changes his mind.

He wouldn't be the first guy in the history of professional sports to request a trade only to walk it back.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, lacit1707 said:

you really dont understand the difference???

Fantasy mvp you must mean? becuase the actual mvp race has been locked up

meaning what exactly?

what are you talking about? dragged it out? or how about they are waiting until the summer in order to get the best deal for their organization... some really out of reality people on this site...and internet in general...

Hey, im glad hes going to play but this is BS for the Pelicans... how is this any different then when a team banishes a player asking them to stay removed from practices and games for conduct detrimental to the team... a player requesting a trade, mid season while in contract should carry the same label as conduct detrimental to the team

You seem out of reality. All indications point to Boston not being an ideal situation and negotiating with Danny is more risky. NY seems improbable. Lakers offered pretty much their entire future, a future that we know has a lot of potential, see last night's game. Hell they even gave away ZUBAC to the Clippers who clearly value him. 

What you deem detrimental to the team does not suit the team's or leagues. Have you heard of the NBAPA? I am guessing you are not a fan of unions? 

20 minutes ago, HotSauce24 said:

You seem out of reality. All indications point to Boston not being an ideal situation and negotiating with Danny is more risky. NY seems improbable. Lakers offered pretty much their entire future, a future that we know has a lot of potential, see last night's game. Hell they even gave away ZUBAC to the Clippers who clearly value him. 

What you deem detrimental to the team does not suit the team's or leagues. Have you heard of the NBAPA? I am guessing you are not a fan of unions? 

youre missing the point of the reality lol.... the reality is, they wont know what Boston will do until they wait this summer...do you really think if they send him to Boston, regardless of what AD says, that if they go to the championship next year, he'll walk? i find that unlikely...

and i understand the league doesnt agree, clearly, but i dont think its right and if he does get injured, we'll see how it plays out...but it wont be good.

25 minutes ago, lacit1707 said:

youre missing the point of the reality lol.... the reality is, they wont know what Boston will do until they wait this summer...do you really think if they send him to Boston, regardless of what AD says, that if they go to the championship next year, he'll walk? i find that unlikely...

and i understand the league doesnt agree, clearly, but i dont think its right and if he does get injured, we'll see how it plays out...but it wont be good.

The reality is that they are taking a risk. A calculated risk is inevitable but in this instance, the risk increases. I mean by virtue of playing AD, the risk increases where they may lose leverage if he gets hurt. 

How is sending AD to Boston with a fickle Kyrie who may not resign, a path to the championship? Moreover, you see how the Sixers, bucks and raps got better so with who exactly other than AD and Kyrie (assuming he stays) will they go to the finals with (they'd be giving up their young core in this hypothetical situation). AD was on a team with Jrue, Randle, Miro, and Elfrid and they are lottery bound remember. 

Like you said, it won't look good so all the more reason to blame this on the Pels. It's just been ugly for them imo. 

Edited by HotSauce24

3 minutes ago, HotSauce24 said:

The reality is that they are taking a risk. A calculated risk is inevitable but in this instance, the risk increases. I mean by virtue of playing AD, the risk increases where they may lose leverage if he gets hurt. 

How is sending AD to Boston with a fickle Kyrie who may not resign, a path to the championship? Moreover, you see how the Sixers, bucks and raps got better so with who exactly other than AD and Kyrie (assuming he stays) will they go to the finals with (they'd be giving up their young core in this hypothetical situation). AD was on a team with Jrue, Randle, Miro, and Elfrid and they are lottery bound remember. 

Like you said, it won't look good so all the more reason to blame this on the Pels. It's just been ugly for them imo. 

regardless of whether AD re-signs with Boston is irrelevant if Pelicans make a deal with Boston...Pels want Bostons picks and thats all that matters... they obviously want Tatum too but we'll see if they can pull that off...the only risk is of AD getting hurt. agreed...which is where i dont agree with the league in forcing them to play him..

and i will take a team of AD and Kryie over Bucks or Toronto. and AD was in the west.. bring that team east and theyll do just fine