JDL88

Anthony Davis Season Outlook 2018-2019

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

4/13 ain't too bad 

Yeah, it's' bad.  Not enough shots to totally wreck percentages, but still bad.  Once you get passed the %'s, then it gets pretty eye popping.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, KilloWertz said:

Yeah, it's' bad.  Not enough shots to totally wreck percentages, but still bad.  Once you get passed the %'s, then it gets pretty eye popping.

Maybe this week with no Thursday games, but it's not that bad, will be able to catch up

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DezedandConfused said:

Maybe this week with no Thursday games, but it's not that bad, will be able to catch up

I’m not trying to be argumentative.  AD is insane, a blast to own, the best fantasy player by a wide margin.  He completely won you stocks this week.  Probably rebounds and out-of-position assists too.  But when a guy whose supposed to anchor your FG and not cost TO goes 4/13 and gets 6 TO, he cost you FG/To.  It’s a small price to pay.  I have him on a punt FG/TO team where I surrounded him and Vuc with a bunch of guards.  But let’s be real, if it’s H2H you’re unlikely to win FG/To this week, not that I care. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All I have to say is that Embiid might also be occupying a lot of real estate in his head after tonight 😂😅😃😁😆

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Taipan said:

All I have to say is that Embiid might also be occupying a lot of real estate in his head after tonight 😂😅😃😁😆

Embiid tends to have that affect on people.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Taipan said:

All I have to say is that Embiid might also be occupying a lot of real estate in his head after tonight 😂😅😃😁😆

Lol Simmons was guarding AD most of the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

first 5x5 line I've ever looked at and remained undecided if he had a good game

weird

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, StifleTower2 said:

I’m not trying to be argumentative.  AD is insane, a blast to own, the best fantasy player by a wide margin.  He completely won you stocks this week.  Probably rebounds and out-of-position assists too.  But when a guy whose supposed to anchor your FG and not cost TO goes 4/13 and gets 6 TO, he cost you FG/To.  It’s a small price to pay.  I have him on a punt FG/TO team where I surrounded him and Vuc with a bunch of guards.  But let’s be real, if it’s H2H you’re unlikely to win FG/To this week, not that I care. 

He's 17/35 with 8 TO in 2 games so far. Really not that bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, HK-47 said:

He's 17/35 with 8 TO in 2 games so far. Really not that bad.

Ok ok, 17/35 is not that bad although it’s mediocre for some expected to be a FG anchor.  However, 4 TO a game is twice his average, and is pretty bad in general.  Ofc 90% of GMs either play 8 cat or don’t give a f--- about TO.  So I’ll take it either way. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, rage2021 said:

even a mediocre/bad game nets you 10 stocks. lmao. alot of guys cant even get 1.

 

5 steals. 5 blocks. I can't even see his FG. Oh wait. I realized I don't care about it. Hahaha

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some of y’all have really high fantasy standards if you can’t recognize he had a monster game. 10 total stocks, 16 rebounds, and 6 assists...maybe he didn’t have a great scoring night or good FG% but he beasted 3 categories and had 6 out of position assists.

Edited by jmoney23

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jmoney23 said:

Some of y’all have really high fantasy standards if you can’t recognize he had a monster game. 10 total stocks, 16 rebounds, and 6 assists...maybe he didn’t have a great scoring night or good FG% but he beasted 3 categories and had 6 out of position assists.

True, but it's not ridiculous to hold the #1 player in the league to really high fantasy standards.  You are not wrong that he had a monster game otherwise though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, jmoney23 said:

Some of y’all have really high fantasy standards if you can’t recognize he had a monster game. 10 total stocks, 16 rebounds, and 6 assists...maybe he didn’t have a great scoring night or good FG% but he beasted 3 categories and had 6 out of position assists.

 

I don't disagree with you at all, but when your #2 pick is Paul George who has been shooting sub-41% on 23 FGA the last week and you didn't initially intend to punt FG%, you're allowed to feel some type of way when your supposed FG% anchor is doing more harm than good in that particular category.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, alclayno said:

 

I don't disagree with you at all, but when your #2 pick is Paul George who has been shooting sub-41% on 23 FGA the last week and you didn't initially intend to punt FG%, you're allowed to feel some type of way when your supposed FG% anchor is doing more harm than good in that particular category.

no you aren't actually. when you have 1st pick and land AD that is the hugest single advantage you can have in fantasy. He is so much better than the next player that if you even build a mediocre team around him you should be a lock for a playoff spot and probably more like top 3 in the standings. look at all the other problems with basically every other first rounder and then thank the fantasy gods every night that AD does not go to the looker room without returning. btw Paul george regularly has month stretches shooting right around 40%, it's not new at all so expect that to keep happening, and also when he is hot he can have a month shooting 50%. 

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, richg24 said:

no you aren't actually. when you have 1st pick and land AD that is the hugest single advantage you can have in fantasy. He is so much better than the next player that if you even build a mediocre team around him you should be a lock for a playoff spot and probably more like top 3 in the standings. look at all the other problems with basically every other first rounder and then thank the fantasy gods every night that AD does not go to the looker room without returning. btw Paul george regularly has month stretches shooting right around 40%, it's not new at all so expect that to keep happening, and also when he is hot he can have a month shooting 50%. 

 

3rd pick actually (Giannis and Steph went 1 & 2). No doubt that he's probably the best individual player amongst the first rounders (also helps that he's pretty easy to build around), but is he "so much better" than someone like Giannis or Harden to where you'd have that much of an advantage over a Giannis or Harden led team just from the jump? Probably not.

 

And I was fully expecting PG to stay in the 43-46% range for the most part, but like I said, I drafted him with the assumption that AD wouldn't be shooting sub-50% on a regular basis, and that's exactly what he's done since he's returned from the few games he missed earlier in the season. If PG is basically doing what I expected him to do (did not expect a 23 FGA per game volume, though), then I need AD to do the same... especially since most of his shots are coming either at or very close to the rim.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.