JDL88

Anthony Davis Season Outlook 2018-2019

3 minutes ago, stickman786 said:

He's literally done it 4 more times since i've mentioned it. I dont know what the hells going on. Maybe they play like this sometimes? I dont watch the PEls but it looks like a Jru led freeze out.

I don't get to watch them as much as I would like because I refuse to pay for NBA League Pass given the price, but I do still watch them when I can.  Last night it looked like a normal game between the two of them, but I think I've only seen one game of their's that was a back-to-back like tonight's game is.  They played awful, but not sure they were just settling for bad shots or if it was just simply a lack of effort (which I know it was at least the latter in that case).

I did start watching the game right after the Pacers and Cavs game ended and the very first play Holiday passed it to Davis at the 3-point line after a pick, but then refused to pass it to him on the last play of the half when they were both going to the hoop.  Jrue obviously ended up missing the layup he should have never bothered taking.

Maybe somebody that watches more of their games than either of us do can confirm that Jrue is definitely playing childishly tonight.  I'm leaning towards yes because early in the season when the Pelicans were on national TV several times, I remember Jrue and Davis connecting on several alley oops per game and such, so I know he enjoyed passing it to Davis then.

He's sort of salvaging the line.  Maybe 30/15/5 with 5 stocks AD is behind us but I think new AD is still first round value.

Jrue is absolutely freezing Davis out on almost every possession. Even when they pass to him its halfhearted and results in a lot of turnovers, Randle had a particularly bad one when Davis was posting up. Could be a bumpy ride

if this is how pelicans want to do it, then they're absolutely a trash org. a childish move to insult davis. i dont care if they fck davis off the court, but man, they need to man up and be professional on court. they're tanking i know, but they can tank without being a pussy, right?

Last night he feasted... call this a diff game plan or a blip on the radar

Irving just got a knee injury, even though it is not the troublesome one. Let's see if the Celts really will pay to bring AD in if Kyrie can't play in playoffs again. Lol if the Pels win today... what a mess

Based on the last two games if trends continue we can expect his averages to be somewhere around 22/12/4 with 2.5 blocks.  That's still well into first round territory.  Maybe we're just spoiled and this mediocre game was an outlier.  Finger crossed.

55 minutes ago, PaddingtonBear said:

Jrue is absolutely freezing Davis out on almost every possession. Even when they pass to him its halfhearted and results in a lot of turnovers, Randle had a particularly bad one when Davis was posting up. Could be a bumpy ride

It might be an interesting ride, but it will still be a productive one for us.  Even in a childish game like tonight, Davis still put up a monster line.  Yeah, only 14 Points, but with 16 Boards, 2 Steals, and 2 Blocks.

I'm hoping it was just a different game plan against a slow offense in the grizzlies. One positive... he got 34 minutes!!

Very good line considering I thought he was getting shut down only a couple days ago.

• Like 2

Ill take what I can get.  He has spoiled us rotten.  Thank you AD for calling league office to complain about shut down.

• Like 1

Obviously I could be wrong, but considering what he was worth in the market a couple of days ago, this could be a sell point... if you can get a top ~10-15 or so player... at least in points leagues.  

He play B2B game and play near 34 mins tonight,yup..his FG attempt is low,but still grab 16 rebs 6 assists 2 stls and 2 blks,I don't know what AD owners can complain:huh:

Edited by kane

Ive watched maybe 90% of Pelicans games this year and I always thought Jrue looked AD off alot. Didnt watch today but I wouldnt worry about a freeze out too much. AD rarely ever demanded the ball and got looked off alot by his teammates even before this. I have no reason to complain when his minutes went up on a b2b

37 minutes ago, Bosaii said:

Obviously I could be wrong, but considering what he was worth in the market a couple of days ago, this could be a sell point... if you can get a top ~10-15 or so player... at least in points leagues.  

Thats a personal choice.  Only fools get rid of this guy.

since we have all the greats here. would you trade AD for a top 10 in H2H 9 CAT given the current situation? Say someone like PG/Dedmon + Otto/Lillard? 

Would you advice owners to hold? Rotoworld has been up and down 

Edited by jamaal99

2 minutes ago, jamaal99 said:

since we have all the greats here. would you trade AD for a top 10 in H2H 9 CAT given the current situation? Say someone like PG/Dedmon + Otto/Lillard? 

That’s a borderline AC forum question.  My answer is not predicated on AD’s performance but on playoff schedule.  I wouldn’t trade him for any old top 10 player.  It would have to be for a stable, low injury risk top 10 player with a good playoff schedule.  

6 minutes ago, jamaal99 said:

Nope.  Im going down with this Titan

Edited by RingMyBell
  • Like 1

Again, when going by overall value and not team fit - Davis would need to play LESS than 20 minutes per game to not be a top 5 fantasy player. Davis and Harden are almost double better than the 6th-12th players in 8cat. 

I traded Gobert and McCollum for Davis in a 9 cat league 

• Like 1

Also, I should add I didnt sell him in the two leagues I owned him in, and I bought him in two more leagues.  So there’s your answer.  

In my 9 cat double double league, Davis has a 1.50 z score, harden is 1.57. Kawhi, who on a per game basis is the 7th ranked player, has a z score of 0.69 - that means that Davis has over double the overall value than the 7th ranked fantasy player. That is completely insane. 

Someone in my league just sold him for Simmons and I don't know how to feel. It's a safety net for the Ad owner but one hell of a sell low.