JDL88

Anthony Davis Season Outlook 2018-2019

16 minutes ago, claptondecheeks said:

I think he's done talking about AD. He wants to salvage what he can of the season. If he keeps talking about AD, it'll continue to be a huge distraction for the team. AD's not going to another team until the offseason, why continue to talk about it?

‘cause the media loooooooves it.

3 hours ago, Gile Pile said:

Buy low moment?

maybe sell high since 20 cents on a dollar are better than 0? :P

2 hours ago, RipCity0 said:

maybe sell high since 20 cents on a dollar are better than 0? :P

By all means.  Give hm away when you shouldn't.  That'd be a horrible move.

Just now, KilloWertz said:

By all means.  Give hm away when you shouldn't.  That'd be a horrible move.

Look, today Josh Lloyd from bbm said he has a source that says Pelicans are considering shutting him down. Just for your info though. I don't have AD and not willing to get him as well as it's a headache.

1 minute ago, RipCity0 said:

Look, today Josh Lloyd from bbm said he has a source that says Pelicans are considering shutting him down. Just for your info though. I don't have AD and not willing to get him as well as it's a headache.

I'll believe it when it happens.  Until then, most people are just reacting to one awful game.  Like I said last night, it's as if none of his previous games happened.  He had one horrible game, so it's time to jump ship.

4 minutes ago, KilloWertz said:

I'll believe it when it happens.  Until then, most people are just reacting to one awful game.  Like I said last night, it's as if none of his previous games happened.  He had one horrible game, so it's time to jump ship.

Sure man, if I had AD I wouldn't trade him for lets say Siakam or whatever. I would prefer to go down with the ship. I would get somebody like Beal though that has a nice playoff schedule.

• Like 1

Disclaimer: This is just my opinion

When  top  fantasy player:

• is healthy
  • plays 27.6 minutes per game over last 3 games (last week)
  • is ranked 36th on BBM  over last week
  • players ahead of him playing same number of games: Royce O'Neale, Plumlee, Kuzma, Joe Harris, Portis

...it is time to pull the alarm and start abandoning the ship in redraft leagues.  It is time to move from denial to grief

8 hours ago, claptondecheeks said:

I was serious, lol. I didn't watch but the guy said that AD was out there trying so it's unlike him to take bad shots. I could see bad shots if he didn't care and just chucked it, but if he's trying, no reason for him to do so badly.

Yes - I still hesitated because Davis is THAT good, but this situation is no fun.

after more than a week of headache (trade rumors, deadline, bad statline, etc.), i finally decided to go down with the ship. i don't care what happens next but hopefully, pelicans and davis act professional and do their job.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Gile Pile said:

• is healthy
  • players ahead of him playing same number of games: Royce O'Neale, Plumlee, Kuzma, Joe Harris, Portis

...it is time to pull the alarm and start abandoning the ship in redraft leagues.  It is time to move from denial to grief

Uh Oh, the hater is back.  He doesnt own AD just wants to piss in your cereal.

1 hour ago, Gile Pile said:

• is healthy

First game was a minute restriction and the last game was a blowout where Jahlil Okafor played the most out of starters at 26 mins.

i’d love to be in a league with whoever based all their decisions on a 3 game sample size.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MrBean said:

after more than a week of headache (trade rumors, deadline, bad statline, etc.), i finally decided to go down with the ship. i don't care what happens next but hopefully, pelicans and davis act professional and do their job.

Yep, I came to the same conclusion as soon as the deadline ended. I built my team around AD and getting pennies on the dollar won't get me anywhere. Might as well not give the championship to someone else if Davis actually ends up beasting.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

What a weeble web we woe! :lol: Just to give you a example of how good AD is and how he can literally carrying a fantasy team by himself, out of the 4 leagues I'm in, those who own AD are/were in 1st place. Since AD's latest skid which actually started about 2 weeks ago, their numbers are sinking dramatically! Two of teams are getting slayed this week, with a avg. of 80 points after 2 days and doesn't look like it's getting any better. You just can't replace AD's numbers, unless you offer a trade and some poor "Sammy the Sausage" buys in..

• Like 1

5 hours ago, FantasyBallFan said:

First game was a minute restriction and the last game was a blowout where Jahlil Okafor played the most out of starters at 26 mins.

i’d love to be in a league with whoever based all their decisions on a 3 game sample size.

You have to be thinking tho what if the pelicans are not wanting to risk Davis having a serious injury when the season is practically over for them and he’s 100% getting traded before or at the nba draft this year, I’m sure if he tears his acl his value goes down , add that ontop of them getting a worst draft pick by playing him and thus increasing their chances of winning games, you really have to take that kind of approach and the best thing for their future is too sit him out for the rest of the year  for 3 big reasons......

1. Guarantee that he will be healthy for the trade when it happens

2 tank and get a better draft pick 

3 develop their younger players now......

If jah okafor is on the wire I’d run not walk, he’s basically deandre ayton 2.0 and he looks like it over these last 3 weeks

• Like 1

Traded AD for Ben Simmons, my league came up with the conclusion AD is too valuable and Ben Simmons isn’t worth it so my trade got veto’d By majority vote. 

Feelsbad

• Sad 2

26 minutes ago, RSBaller1 said:

Traded AD for Ben Simmons, my league came up with the conclusion AD is too valuable and Ben Simmons isn’t worth it so my trade got veto’d By majority vote. 

Feelsbad

That’s so messed up 

29 minutes ago, RSBaller1 said:

Feelsbad

Bro that’s crazy, AD is a huge risk and people should be able to unload him b4 the ship sinks and people should also be able to take risks on him in case they do somehow play him tons of minutes, it’s a real messy situation right now and AD also trashing his teammates saying “we played like trash out there”, I’m sure team morale in that locker room is at a all time low this season........

1 hour ago, RSBaller1 said:

Feelsbad

That's just BS... People are so veto happy nowadays. They might as well manage your team. Tell you who to start.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Oda11 said:

That's just BS... People are so veto happy nowadays. They might as well manage your team. Tell you who to start.

Hm kinda like the league with the Pelicans 

• Haha 1

Guy in my league just traded him + Jarrett Allen for Rubio, D Mitch and Jrue.

13 minutes ago, JStyles said:

Mitchell and Holiday have plenty of value, but still, that's not an offer I would have accepted.  Must be tanking FG% for some odd reason too then since only Holiday shoots decently.

37 minutes ago, KilloWertz said:

Mitchell and Holiday have plenty of value, but still, that's not an offer I would have accepted.  Must be tanking FG% for some odd reason too then since only Holiday shoots decently.

News flash AD will be shutdown or at the very least get plenty of DNPs and if you think he’s getting any thing close or past 30+ mins your crazy, and especially when playoffs start he’s not a guy you want on your roster if you could have traded him for something like Mitchell and holiday that’s a AD owner realizing that’s AD is loosing value fast.....very fast

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JStyles said:

As an AD owner in a points league I would have accepted that offer. Best offer I've gotten was Vucevic and McCollum for Davis and Kemba.