JDL88

Anthony Davis Season Outlook 2018-2019

1 hour ago, DezedandConfused said:

Wish I had AD so I can complain about having the #1 fantasy player ;)

I’m just nitpicking. Currently losing both percentage categories at the moment so that’s where some of the frustration derives from.

14 hours ago, richg24 said:

no you aren't actually. when you have 1st pick and land AD that is the hugest single advantage you can have in fantasy. He is so much better than the next player that if you even build a mediocre team around him you should be a lock for a playoff spot and probably more like top 3 in the standings. look at all the other problems with basically every other first rounder and then thank the fantasy gods every night that AD does not go to the looker room without returning. btw Paul george regularly has month stretches shooting right around 40%, it's not new at all so expect that to keep happening, and also when he is hot he can have a month shooting 50%. 

This is why every year I say I won’t play snake but every year I get suckered into playing at least one snake league.  It’s spin  the wheel to figure out how has AD then people don’t understand how that is such as huge advantage.  Yes, if you draft poorly you can lose with AD, but it’s such a huge advantage that you shouldn’t.  It’s no coincidence I’m top 3 in all of my large buy-in auction drafts but doing poorly in the snake league where I drafted 15th of 16.  It’s a waste of time and money to do snake drafts. 

Won't be surprised if he sits out tomorrow. :(

Edited by gill2k

was watching and there really didnt seem like a lot in it, but hey, it's AD

being reported a right quad/hip - questionable to return

3 minutes ago, jamaal99 said:

will he be okay?? this is a crucial week for me :@

Who knows.  He's still not on the bench, so take that for what it's worth I guess.

28 minutes ago, gill2k said:

He's back on??? :D

I can breath again now that Davis is back...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, alclayno said:

Out yet again... surprise, surprise.

Disappointing, but not surprising.  He better be back for their next game though.  Can't afford to have him miss several games like he did with his elbow.

• Like 1

Yeah, I was banking on him playing tonight to have any sort of hope of possibly salvaging this week since I'm already losing, but that glimmer of hope flew out the window quick, fast, and in a hurry.

I know it’s annoying but I’d rather have him take small breaks than risk serious injury.  He may only play 60 games but that’s still 3/4 of all games and no one has much more than 3/4 of his value according to z score.  His value is even greater than that because it’s his value across 3/4 of games + that of the replacement player for 1/4 of games.  Also, it’s not as if everyone else in the league plays 82 games except for him.  I’d hate to draft a lower rated player such as Harden for a similar price thinking Harden is more durable when he’s missed more games this year.

75 games two years in a row. 15th in total minutes 2 years ago and 13th last year. Sure, I get he leaves some games and whatnot but seems things are being overblown at this point. He's on the court just as much as anyone else, for the most part.

did he really just play an entire half of basketball without a single rebound? How is that even possible??