JDL88

Anthony Davis Season Outlook 2018-2019

Just now, m1dday said:

I don’t think it matters to him if he plays. He still gets the nod regardless of whether he plays or not, so it’d be interesting to see who they pick to replace him.

But but but LeBron picked him first.

1 minute ago, hornrimmed_rambis said:

But but but LeBron picked him first.

Bron has the whole FA class of 2019 with him, he’ll be fine :lol:

Alvin Gentry storms off after Anthony Davis injury questions. This is going to end with Davis being deactivated and sent home for the season sometime after the All-Star break.

To all the AD owners that want to be disbelievers and us “fortune tellers”, keep talking and hopeing you boy AD will be alright , this dude about to be sitting home watching games from his couch

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Damn I thought for sure the injury excuse to sitout the rest of season wouldn’t happen until after the ABS. They decided to use it early I guess. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Brye said:

Alvin Gentry storms off after Anthony Davis injury questions. This is going to end with Davis being deactivated and sent home for the season sometime after the All-Star break.

To all the AD owners that want to be disbelievers and us “fortune tellers”, keep talking and hopeing you boy AD will be alright , this dude about to be sitting home watching games from his couch

What’s up with reveling in someone’s best player/a real person getting injured?

so hard to read this forum...He came back and played every game despite speculation. There is a break now so let’s just wait and see and hopefully you can be less condescending through the wait. If he is out, you shouldn’t be happy anyway.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, megaplayboy said:

Why don't they sit him out the last 4 losing seasons by that logic? really bruh? did you not know he asked for a trade and told management he does not intend on re-signing? because when you do that and don't get traded by trade deadline, that means they need you 100% healthy for the off season moves which means they will find any reason to sit you out or shut you down. Those last 4 losing seasons he did not request a trade, that's the difference. 

The point still stands. They’res multiple things here.

1)If you make excuses for players not to play you’re creating a dangerous trend that’ll effect the watchability of the game. I understand the protect your “asset” bit. But look at Walls injury.. he took a purposeful season ending surgery to relieve some pain in his heal (since it was a lost season) and he tore his achilles.. AT HOME. Anyone can get injured anywhere. gameplay injuries are like 1% likelihood of happening..

2) My main point is the hypocrisy in the logic. They’re “selectively protecting” AD. IF you want to protect your assets you shut them down in losing seasons.. REGARDLESS of trade requests... cause an injury to him in a losing season is STILL a season ending injury of your convanent asset. I think its a running point everywhere that whatever Pelicans will get in return of AD is NOT enough. Cause hes such a prized talent. Meaning its BETTER to keep him then to trade him. So with that information and YOUR logic its better to shutdown AD in every single losing season he played in... and the Organization never did that..So thats the flaw in that thinking. Nevermind the fact that AD wants to play..you think AD wants to get injured and lose out on hundreds of millions of dollars? He has no intention in doing that.

I’m not trying to defend AD here. He has a right to want to get traded but the way he handled the situation as well Rich Paul was immature and messed up. But the reaction by the organization, Dell Demps, and some of his teammates is just as immature. Jimmy butlers way of requesting a trade was worse... he still competed and the team played with him. AD has teammates freezing him out, dell demps trying to force him and org forcing him to sitting him when he doesn’t want to, etc. 

Edited by stickman786

I always hope people aren't injured because it sucks

But also in this particular because my last hope of salvaging the end of the season was AD going into the All Star game and dropping some all time records to show the world that the Pelicans/certain players are holding him back during his "playing time" and then sitting him the rest for "injuries" instead of just owning it.

Like a 60pts 30reb 15 blk game or something ridiculous (facilitated by Lebron as payback to Demps), just so I could see the Pelicans try to come back and sit him.

18 minutes ago, kobebryant24 said:

im starting to think Davis is going to use this injury as an excuse to sit out for the rest of the season.... what do yall think???

When r u coming back to save us from today's soft af era? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DeadfootGhazi said:

It’s a bruise. The question is why he left the locker room. The injury is not what scares me.

He left with Rich Paul and went and got an MRI 

40 minutes ago, DeadfootGhazi said:

It’s a bruise. The question is why he left the locker room. The injury is not what scares me.

It's the WWE, I mean NBA

6 hours ago, Brye said:

It's pretty sad and disgusting that you're actually happy about all of this.  It's becoming pretty obvious that you don't even own AD, but you'd like to rub any bad thing in our faces and say you were right (when yet again nothing has been reported that he's going to sit out the rest of the season because of this).

Am I concerned now?  Sure, but you still know just as much as anybody else with how this is going to play out.  Absolutely nothing.  Once again, you could be right (unfortunately for us owners), but you are still just making predictions.

4 hours ago, kobebryant24 said:

im starting to think Davis is going to use this injury as an excuse to sit out for the rest of the season.... what do yall think???

Davis wants to play.  He's said that all along.  I'm pretty sure he's a big reason why he's been playing at all.  If anybody would want him to sit out, it'd be the team.

• Like 1

At this point I’d stop trying to send buy low offers in redraft.  I wouldn’t sell low either, unless you managed to get a halfway decent deal.  It’s a bruise ao theoretically he could miss the ASG and use the week to heal. Maybe miss a few more games after that but still play 15+.  Ofc they could also just use this as an excuse to sit him, although there is the threat of a fine looming.  So idk, sort of hard to get any decent offer now, your best hope may be to go down with this ship and hope somehow they play him some games (probably not all of them though).

Edited by StifleTower2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, StifleTower2 said:

At this point I’d stop trying to send buy low offers in redraft.  I wouldn’t sell low either, unless you managed to get a halfway decent deal.  It’s a bruise ao theoretically he could miss the ASG and use the week to heal. Maybe miss a few more games after that but still play 15+.  Ofc they could also just use this as an excuse to sit him, although there is the threat of a fine looming.  So idk, sort of hard to get any decent offer now, your best hope may be to go down with this ship and hope somehow they play him some games (probably not all of them though).

Can the Pelicans make him sit out the All Star game or is that up to the individual player?

Like I said before, if things are really sour he might want to go out and absolutely beast to show just how much the team is mucking things up not him. If he paired that with an interview that said "I just want to play and help the team I'm on and that I've given 8 years of my future hall of fame career to"... would paint the Pelicans into an even worse corner than they are. Not sure if he's Machiavellian like that though, the whole trade demand thing has seemed ham handed. Kinda when KD tried to say he was a bad boy and everyone was like "Naw Bro"

7 hours ago, iowncrazyhair said:

Rudy Gobert

ASG for entertainment no one wants to see a boring defensive center. Anyway luka is way more of an all star than gobert will ever be. 

As for AD i feel for the owners. I predicted in last post that he would pick up another injury soon that will likely shut him down for the season and i am fairly certain that is what this injury will do. They can't fine the pelicans if its an injury...remember kawhis injury for like an entire season was essentially a bruise lol. This is the same type of thing happening here. NBA is a bit of a joke right now these star players make demands and then don't play for their own team. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

It all becomes easier if AD wants to go through with being shut down. Him saying the shoulder is no good takes the heat of the Pelicans. 

It's difficult to say your player is too injured to play if he's beasting in the All Star game after his injury. It really helps their case if he agrees not to play in it or if they can make him not play (not clear to me if they have that ability). If he plays and looks like crap that also would serve a shutdown agenda.

26 minutes ago, RCRanger03 said:

Can the Pelicans make him sit out the All Star game or is that up to the individual player?

Like I said before, if things are really sour he might want to go out and absolutely beast to show just how much the team is mucking things up not him. If he paired that with an interview that said "I just want to play and help the team I'm on and that I've given 8 years of my future hall of fame career to"... would paint the Pelicans into an even worse corner than they are. Not sure if he's Machiavellian like that though, the whole trade demand thing has seemed ham handed. Kinda when KD tried to say he was a bad boy and everyone was like "Naw Bro"

Technically, they can make him sit out, they will simply be fined 100K for doing so.  I imagine they will force him to sit out if/when they determine the cost of playing him is more punitive than 100K.  Ofc he could simply rest during the ASB and return to action.  No one really knows. Maybe not even the Pels know.