JDL88

Anthony Davis Season Outlook 2018-2019

2 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

Danny Ferry new GM, AD trade definitely happening in the offseason. 

lol well duh, everybody and their mom knows AD is getting in the offseason. The trade is happening regardless who the GM is

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bballshinobi said:

lol well duh, everybody and their mom knows AD is getting in the offseason. The trade is happening regardless who the GM is

Well just stating the Pels messed up by not taking the laker's offer. No way another team tops that offer, also the Ferry signing is a reference with his dealing of luol deng:lol:. Also AD wanting to play is not the issue, with this whole situation each and every passing game is gonna get worse team chemistry wise, fan wise, general public. It would be best to shut him down to avoid this circus for the nba.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

Well just stating the Pels messed up by not taking the laker's offer. No way another team tops that offer, also the Ferry signing is a reference with his dealing of luol deng:lol:. Also AD wanting to play is not the issue, with this whole situation each and every passing game is gonna get worse team chemistry wise, fan wise, general public. It would be best to shut him down to avoid this circus for the nba.

Yea, Dell Demps just isn't a smart GM and definitely not somebody who's good at politics. If they made the trade, Pelicans will have a different vibe right now. They will have a "us against the world" attitude. The team will still be a .500 team but they will fight and claw, the fan base will embrace them, and there won't be any pressure on the team. As a comparison, now everyday everybody is talking about what AD is doing. Even if he just subs out to take a piss twitter will blow up and say he's quitting. The focus of the entire NBA is on your team so of course you are going to get fired. The more people look at your roster moves the more they realize you are a terrible GM.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

In fairness, I and others, argued they should take the Lakers trade and more than 90% of the people in this forum thought they shouldn't.  

Edited by StifleTower2
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, StifleTower2 said:

there’s no sense in trading AD for a 100th ranked player when you can get a 101st ranked player for free. 

How many teams are in that league  if 101st ranked player is available on WW?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, StifleTower2 said:

In fairness, I and others, argued they should take the Lakers trade and more than 90% of the people in this forum thought they shouldn't.  

lol well we all know whether there are more dumb people or more smart people in this world...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Forever Smooth said:

Coach Pop was good sitting his players. Main reason why I tried to avoid Spurs players in the past. He don't have that luxury to do that anymore though.

Yeah, I still remember the box score showing Tim Duncan - DND - OLD.:lol:

TimDuncanOld.png?_ga=2.33134078.17750800

Edited by mbroo5880i
  • Haha 2

That Lakers deal was outrageous but would of saved his job. However, him wanting to wait for the "Boston" deal on whether it was going to include Tatum or not is a big gamble.

4 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

How many teams are in that league  if 101st ranked player is available on WW?

You can always stream players ranked inside the top 100 in the past two weeks even in 14 team leagues, they just aren’t ranked that highly season long.  Eg I have layman in several leagues.  Players playing top 100 in any given week are basically free.  

• Like 1

An additional musing...

When did it become the norm for a player and his agent to determine necessary medical treatment and tests DURING a game and then not communicate it to the coach or GM?  And, probably not even to the team medical staff.  I think we are going to hit a rough patch during the next CBA negotiations.  I also believe in the future some teams are going to refuse to deal with players who are represented by certain agents.  If I am the Lakers, Celtics or any team who has a reasonable chance of attracting top free agents, why would I want to deal with this nonsense?  If they pull this trick with their current team, what is to say they won't pull it again. The problem is every GM thinks their situation will be different, until they find out its not.  

Edited by mbroo5880i
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

An additional musing...

When did it become the norm for a player and his agent to determine necessary medical treatment and tests DURING a game and then not communicate it to the coach or GM?  And, probably not even to the team medical staff.  I think we are going to hit a rough patch during the next CBA negotiations.  I also believe in the future some teams are going to refuse to deal with players who are represented by certain agents.  If I am the Lakers, Celtics or any team who has a reasonable chance of attracting top free agents, why would I want to deal with this nonsense?  If they pull this trick with their current team, what is to say they won't pull it again. The problem is every GM thinks their situation will be different, until they find out its not.  

Max players have the power now to force their situation. It goes back on the team if they want to trade earlier while player is under contract for assets or risk losing the max player for nothing.

I agree. Next CBA negotiations will be interesting. Hopefully there is no lockout

I'm literally done. I have no more energy to devote to this.

(Although I think the new forum layout has sapped my desire to post somewhat.)

Edited by My Dinner With Andre

Cant really fault the max player though, once they are drafted by a team they are basically stuck for their 1st 7 years pending a trade. After that it's up to them if they want to sign a max extension or sacrifice $ to play elsewhere.

1 minute ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

I'm literally done. I have no more energy to devote to this.

(Although I think the new forum layout has sapped my desire to post somewhat.)

Use the default for now, it's a lil better stopgap for now.

10 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

Max players have the power now to force their situation. It goes back on the team if they want to trade earlier while player is under contract for assets or risk losing the max player for nothing.

I agree, it is certainly a player's league. As a result, we are seeing more teams stuck with bad contracts.  Essentially, the Wizards are a dead franchise until Wall's contract comes off the books.  It can't be good for the league to have the team located in the nation's capital non-competitive long-term.  I know the Bullets, then Wizards have had long periods of being bad but under the current scenario there are limited options for improving due to their financial situation.  Eventually, this will impact attendance, marketing, logo sales, etc.  Fortunately, the insane television contracts offset the local operating issues but something has to give.

Edited by mbroo5880i
  • Like 1

Of course, this is a great topic for Friday night during the All-Star break.  I went looking for the Pacers game tonight only to realize it is the All-Star break.  I want real NBA games not celebrity games.  A week long break during the season is too long.  I want my MTV NBA!

Edited by mbroo5880i
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

Of course, this is a great topic for Friday night during the All-Star break.  I went looking for the Pacers game tonight only to realize it is the All-Star break.  I want real NBA games not celebrity games.  A week long break during the season is too long.  I want my MTV NBA!

Lol they are no “real” NBA games.  It’s one set up from WWE already.

• Like 1

There might be some changes regarding the control of players in the NBA when it comes to max players or free agency in the CBA, but it’s better than the current NFL model. If you want to leave a team because they don’t want to pay you, all they have to do is Franchise tag you and then you’re essentially stuck, unless you do like what LeVeon Bell did, and just sit out the whole season.  

Just now, StifleTower2 said:

Lol they are no “real” NBA games.  It’s one set up from WWE already.

Tbf the nba storylines are better now than the WWE:ph34r:

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

Tbf the nba storylines are better now than the WWE:ph34r:

Significantly fewer tiddies tho. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

There might be some changes regarding the control of players in the NBA when it comes to max players or free agency in the CBA, but it’s better than the current NFL model. If you want to leave a team because they don’t want to pay you, all they have to do is Franchise tag you and then you’re essentially stuck, unless you do like what LeVeon Bell did, and just sit out the whole season.  

Yep, the NFL is not a great system.  There are reports the Steelers plan to franchise tag him again.  Although, I do believe they have to pay you toward the top of the current contract scale (maybe top 5) for your position.  It isn't good for the teams, players, and fans when these contract/trade issues come up.  I understand when guys like PG, Kawhi and now AD want to move to a better situation but it seems like they always place restrictions on where they will go which significantly hampers their current team's ability to trade them.  

AD wants a trade but he also doesn't want to commit to signing an extension with whatever team is traded to, presumably to keep his free agent and max salary options open. At the same time, he says he is more concerned about his legacy than money.  There are a lot of variables in this situation.  In my mind, who wants to commit to trading for him unless they are absolutely certain they can resign him.  Otherwise, they will be mortgaging their teams future, possibly for up to a decade, for a one year rental. All the while their championship aspirations have to be somewhat tempered as long as the current Warriors team stays assembled.

5 minutes ago, StifleTower2 said:

Significantly fewer tiddies tho. 

I remember taking my son to see the Pacers play ?  He was about 10.  A guy next to us pointed to the Pacemates who were dancing during a timeout and asked him which one he wanted.  He pointed to one.  The guy laughed and asked him why.  He said because she looks like my teacher.  :o  Almost straight from today's headlines but not...:lol:  Sorry, to stray off topic.  Any way, AD is a great player.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

Yep, the NFL is not a great system.  There are reports the Steelers plan to franchise tag him again.  Although, I do believe they have to pay you toward the top of the current contract scale (maybe top 5) for your position.  It isn't good for the teams, players, and fans when these contract/trade issues come up.  I understand when guys like PG, Kawhi and now AD want to move to a better situation but it seems like they always place restrictions on where they will go which significantly hampers their current team's ability to trade them.  

AD wants a trade but he also doesn't want to commit to signing an extension with whatever team is traded to, presumably to keep his free agent and max salary options open. At the same time, he says he is more concerned about his legacy than money.  There are a lot of variables in this situation.  In my mind, who wants to commit to trading for him unless they are absolutely certain they can resign him.  Otherwise, they will be mortgaging their teams future, possibly for up to a decade, for a one year rental. All the while their championship aspirations have to be somewhat tempered as long as the current Warriors team stays assembled.

I side with the Players, players should be able to dictate their own destiny. They’ve worked all these years to get to this point. I look at it like this:

1st: You’re a highly coveted player and you’re more than likely to get drafted by a (for a lack of better term) “crappy” a** team who sucks.

2nd: Then you are stuck with this “crappy” arse of a team for however long the contract is. The team may become better, or you might get drafted by like I.e. (Suns, Kings) Who never really take building seriously and the last time they was in the playoffs was a decade ago.

3rd: So when your contract is finally about to be up and you are trying to make a name for yourself I.e. build endorsements, get commercials, you know make money outside of the NBA, the team tries to trade you to some other “crappy” team because they might have better assets. Usually around this time, you want to compete, win championships and you know be a household name.

The truth of the matter is, there are certain teams if you are a star you don’t want to play for. Why? Because it’s not going to help you. Cousins wasted 7 years with the Kings, AD, wasted years with the Pelicans, How long did it take us to really recognize CP3? People remember him as a Clipper, but nobody remembers him when he was a New Orleans Hornet. Lebron wasted his first 7 years with Cleveland (first go round). 

All for what, at some point you get tired of losing and want to be apart of a winning organization (or a functional one). I don’t know why the Knicks is on the list though for AD, they couldn’t even win crap with Melo, Stoudemire & Chandler.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

I side with the Players, players should be able to dictate their own destiny. They’ve worked all these years to get to this point. I look at it like this:

1st: You’re a highly coveted player and you’re more than likely to get drafted by a (for a lack of better term) “crappy” a** team who sucks.

2nd: Then you are stuck with this “crappy” arse of a team for however long the contract is. The team may become better, or you might get drafted by like I.e. (Suns, Kings) Who never really take building seriously and the last time they was in the playoffs was a decade ago.

3rd: So when your contract is finally about to be up and you are trying to make a name for yourself I.e. build endorsements, get commercials, you know make money outside of the NBA, the team tries to trade you to some other “crappy” team because they might have better assets. Usually around this time, you want to compete, win championships and you know be a household name.

The truth of the matter is, there are certain teams if you are a star you don’t want to play for. Why? Because it’s not going to help you. Cousins wasted 7 years with the Kings, AD, wasted years with the Pelicans, How long did it take us to really recognize CP3? People remember him as a Clipper, but nobody remembers him when he was a New Orleans Hornet. Lebron wasted his first 7 years with Cleveland (first go round). 

All for what, at some point you get tired of losing and want to be apart of a winning organization (or a functional one). I don’t know why the Knicks is on the list though for AD, they couldn’t even win crap with Melo, Stoudemire & Chandler.

I get your point.  I am always attracted to having players on my teams who play for winning teams, even if it means possibly of rest during the fantasy play-offs.  I can understand the inequity in not controlling your own destiny.