JDL88

Anthony Davis Season Outlook 2018-2019

13 minutes ago, StifleTower2 said:

I already said I knew that arena revenue is a small part of their overall revenue three posts ago.  But it’s also hurting their brand (image) by being a complete dumpster fire.  

it really isnt though becuase any competent fan understands the situation... its seems everyone understands except for the NBA unfortunately. the brand was hurt the second AD requested a trade, this is all just a domino effect

and gate receipts for the NO in 2016 were only 30M, less than 0.5% in revenue.  Playing or sitting AD is irrelevant from revenue point of view 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

Brand is only 9% of the revenue, so another minor impact

Admittedly in relative terms it is.  But it’s still millions of dollars.  Again, my point is that you don’t have to care about how this impacts their bottom line because it isn’t your money so you’re thinking about things purely from the perspective that you think they might get a better offer in the summer.  Maybe.  Maybe.  But it’s costing them money in the meantime.  Now if you understand that and disagree that’s fine.  But I’ve seen a lot of posts about how there was NO reason to make the lakers trade.  Well, there were reasons just not any that you care about. 

35 minutes ago, Bugs bunny said:

The "Rest rule" states: NOT to sit a star (when healthy to play), IF it's a Nationally televised game, OR an away game.  They have 23 games left. 12 of those are either Nationally televised or away games. The other 11 are just standard home games. That was the "rest rule" coming into the season.  My point is, I think Danny Ferry has some leverage here however small that may be. 

Anyways it goes on to state if a team sits a healthy star during a nationally televised game or an away game the team will be subject to a fine upward of 100,000.   So basically they could reduce the fine.  From what I see, according to the rule, is that the league can't even fine NO if they sit him during home games that aren't nationally televised. I suppose the Commish can do whatever he likes though. I'd imagine they'll have to try for some sort of middle ground between the team and the League rule for the remainder of the season. If that doesn't work, then just sit him and work on reviewing and rewriting the rule in the off-season.  Hell of a dilemma for the Commish. So as the rule is currently written the League can only fine NO for 12 of their remaining 23 games if they choose to sit him in those particular games. Again, of course the Commish can do whatever he sees fit or best.

Edited by Bugs bunny
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, durel_arroyo said:

I won't even trade Tatum for Lonzo, Ingram and Kuzma and bunch of Lakers picks. Would you?

What does Tatum do better than Kuzma? Lol. The only reason why Tatum is more touted is because he is younger and the Celtics are doing a great job of developing him. Kuzma has developed on his own. If lakers could develop players I.e randle, Russell, nance, Clarkson, and now Zubac. Then they would have a loaded team with a promising future right now 

9 minutes ago, durel_arroyo said:

I won't even trade Tatum for Lonzo, Ingram and Kuzma and bunch of Lakers picks. Would you?

Easily....

1 hour ago, babyfaceassasin said:

What does Tatum do better than Kuzma? Lol. The only reason why Tatum is more touted is because he is younger and the Celtics are doing a great job of developing him. Kuzma has developed on his own. If lakers could develop players I.e randle, Russell, nance, Clarkson, and now Zubac. Then they would have a loaded team with a promising future right now 

Didn't you watched thr playoffs last year?..lol

Tatum has more upside and hell we don't even know if he still has untapped potential since he is in a very loaded team. But that should be discussed in another forum. You don't just trade your superstar for a bunch of role players, you've got to have young players with superstar potential too (i.e. Tatum, Simmons, Mitchell, Doncic) and not some bunch of guys with low ceiling. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, durel_arroyo said:

Didn't you watched thr playoffs last year?..lol

Tatum has more upside and hell we don't even know if he still has untapped potential since he is in a very loaded team. But that should be discussed in another forum. You don't just trade your superstar for a bunch of role players, you've got to have young players with superstar potential too (i.e. Tatum, Simmons, Mitchell, Doncic) and not some bunch of guys with low ceiling. 

I did watch the playoffs last year and Tatum played his role, which was to score and he averaged 18+ a game. Kuzma is averaging 19+ this year.

I agree that tatum has a higher upside due to the fact that he is younger and the Celtics coaching staff are so much better at developing players than the lakers staff. But your point of you would not trade tatum for lonzo, ingram, and kuzma plus picks is a bit insane. Imagine those guys with the Celtics staff and what Brad Stevens would do to them.

15 minutes ago, babyfaceassasin said:

I did watch the playoffs last year and Tatum played his role, which was to score and he averaged 18+ a game. Kuzma is averaging 19+ this year.

I agree that tatum has a higher upside due to the fact that he is younger and the Celtics coaching staff are so much better at developing players than the lakers staff. But your point of you would not trade tatum for lonzo, ingram, and kuzma plus picks is a bit insane. Imagine those guys with the Celtics staff and what Brad Stevens would do to them.

http://www.espn.com/nba/statistics/rpm

This season, Tatum has RPM according to ESPN is +1.04, Kuzma has -0.35.

Last season  Tatum was  at 2.92,  Kuzma at -1.53.

Tatum is superstar in making.

Kuzma, Lonzo, Ingram: their ceiling is Maybe making it to the All-Star game. That is not even comparable

11 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

Tatum is superstar in making. wop

Kuzma, Lonzo, Ingram: their ceiling is Maybe making it to the All-Star game. That is not even comparable

You can't use RPM when comparing how good a player is to another player. RPM is heavily influenced by the play of on court teammates. I would say that Boston definitely has better players surrounding Tatum than Kuzma, besides Lebron, wouldn't you agree?

Again. I agree that Tatum has a higher ceiling because he is younger. But right now, if they were the same age. You can't go wrong with either one.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

And Kevon Looney and Daniel Theis are ranked 26th and 27th in the league in rpm, are they top 30 players in the league? No they're not even top 100 they just happen to be on good teams. I don't know how you can use one questionable stat to say Tatum is a superstar in the making and Kuzma and Lonzo are some scrubs?Just look at the list you posted, it's clearly not a very good stat to compare players from different teams/conferences/positions. 

• Like 3

I think I am in the minority too about Tatum. I don't think he's going to be a superstar. People think he's going to be a superstar mostly because of the playoff run Celtics had last year. But if he's on a typical lottery team that doesn't have too many good players nor a great coach, are we really going to think the same about him?

Their age 20 season:

• Jayson Tatum, 16.5 points, 16.1 PER
  • Andrew Wiggins, 20.7 points , 16.5 PER, 29-53 team record
  • Carmelo, 20 points, 16.7 PER, 49-33 team record
  • Kobe, 20 points, 18..9 PER, 31-19
  • TMac, 15.4 points, 20.0 PER, 45-37
  • Durant, 25.3 points, 20.8 PER for a 23-59 

Stats are never the be all end all of how good a player is. Points per game and team record tend to have an inverse relationship, but PER  can help paint a bigger picture. Kobe, T-Mac, and Durant were already posting all-star level PER when they were 20. I am not saying that PER is the ruler we should measure players on, but it's just an added perspective. Once you factor in teammates, box scores production, advanced stats, and the eye test, I think a reasonable person can agree that Tatum isn't what Celtics fans are hyping him up to be.

I think Tatum will end up somewhere in the Andrew Wiggins and Carmelo range. He can put up points but he doesn't make his teammates better on offense. Just like Wiggins and Melo, he can get buckets for you but not in a way that elevates his team.

Edited by bballshinobi
  • Like 3

It seems that NO management agrees with me that  Tatum is better than Kuzma, Lonzo or Ingram, otherwise AD would have been a Laker now.

3 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

It seems that NO management agrees with me that  Tatum is better than Kuzma, Lonzo or Ingram, otherwise AD would have been a Laker now.

I guess that's also why Demps is on the streets. Demps put personal over making a business decision because of Rich Paul and his agency's approach, which is not good traits for a gm who should put team first overall. Look at the state of that team right now.

Edited by DezedandConfused
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

I guess that's also why Demps is on the streets. Demps put personal over making a business decision because of Rich Paul and his agency's approach, which is not good traits for a gm who should put team first overall. Look at the state of that team right now.

So you think that decision not to trade AD to Lakers was Demps only?   I don't think so, but we will agree to disagree

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gile Pile said:

So you think that decision not to trade AD to Lakers was Demps only?   I don't think so, but we will agree to disagree

Well he was the GM so he had a big part to it, he also leaked the trade offer to mess up the Lakers team chemistry but yeah agree to disagree. If NO thinks they'll get equal value more power to them, but no sane team is gonna offer their entire core and 4 1st round picks

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

Well he was the GM so he had a big part to it, he also leaked the trade offer to mess up the Lakers team chemistry but yeah agree to disagree. If NO thinks they'll get equal value more power to them, but no sane team is gonna offer their entire core and 4 1st round picks

That core has been together for 2 years now and they are still under 50%. It does not look like bright future for that core in loaded West.

Just now, Gile Pile said:

That core has been together for 2 years now and they are still under 50%. It does not look like bright future for that core in loaded West.

Injuries have played a major role, but yeah let's ignore that. The starting lineup has played less than 20 games total.

1 hour ago, Gile Pile said:

Vucevic better than Embiid confirmed. I’ve also been saying for months how Theis is better than Kawhi. Finally some proof. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Gohawks said:

Vucevic better than Embiid confirmed. I’ve also been saying for months how Theis is better than Kawhi. Finally some proof. 

I know you're being a smart a** but I upvoted you for even mentioning Vuc. If he played for a larger market than Orlando you wouldn't be joking when comparing him to Embiid.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Theis is on waiver. Should I pick him up and destroy my league? Atleast I know he will play every game so long as he is not injured :ph34r:

• Haha 1