Sign in to follow this  
neljak25

Trade Josh Gordon for Derrick Henry?

Was offered Henry for Gordon. 

My RB’s are Hunt, Mixon, Lynch, Burkhead, Coleman, Carson, & Chubb. 

WR’s are Brown, Thielen, Tyreek, Goodwin, Watkins, Gordon. 

8 team league, .5 PPR, start 2 RB 2 WR 2 flex

thanks

I would. Mainly because I’m still unsure of what Gordon’s status will be come week 1 and since you can start 2 Flex I prefer to start RBs at those spots. 

I would do it.  As much as I like Gordon you are getting a starting RB and still question marks with Gordon.  Bigger league it would be even better.

I like stocking up on as many starting RBs as possible in smaller leagues. You will have a much easier time later in the season trading an RB for a WR if you need one. It has been my strategy in my 10 man keeper league for 3-4 years now and I did it again this year. I finished my draft with 5 starting RBs and a 6th who is a "starter" but in a committee.

Even if Gordon comes back, how confident are you that he will make it the whole season?  And I'm a Gordon fan but there is significant risk here. One more strike and he's out.

Agreed I think Henry is the safer player to roster. Just realized I have Gordon in an IR spot so I have to drop Chubb or Coleman.  

I'd accept that easily. Your WR depth is a lot better than RB and Gordon has some serious question marks. 

I would do it.  Something just doesn't sit right with the Gordon story to me.  There has to be something else to it.  Why would a guy work his a** off all off season.  Be there for all team activities then just disappear right before training camp.  Especially when if he has a good season he can get his first big contract.

9 hours ago, youngrice said:

I would do it.  Something just doesn't sit right with the Gordon story to me.  There has to be something else to it.  Why would a guy work his a** off all off season.  Be there for all team activities then just disappear right before training camp.  Especially when if he has a good season he can get his first big contract.

Lol only took 6 hours to prove me wrong.  Don’t know if I would do it now. Depends on your league. U need a rb more then wr.  If it’s the best your gonna get take it. If u think u can get better wait. 

• Like 1

Thanks all. Yeah went ahead and took it even with the latest Gordon news. Agree I prefer to start RB at the flex so would rather be deeper at RB than WR. Only start 2 WR so with Brown Thielen and Tyreek/Watkins should be ok.  

9 hours ago, youngrice said:

Lol only took 6 hours to prove me wrong.  Don’t know if I would do it now. Depends on your league. U need a rb more then wr.  If it’s the best your gonna get take it. If u think u can get better wait. 

Kudos for owning up :)

I think it was a reasonable deal, but with Gordon coming back I prefer him, tbh, and at least you could get more value given the hype.

• Haha 1

what? are you insane?

8 team league you can replace henry on the wire. Gordon is a gamble you NEED to take in that small of a league. Potential league winner