tonycpsu

2018 "Cool Story, Bro!" Thread

I just won 10 bucks by .06 points because my opponents qb, matty ice, took a knee and went back a yard onthe last play of the game. 

Edited by grimsfield
  • Like 1

6-1 points leader in a 14 banger. 

Onto week 8. 

Feels good when you plan out a monster and it hits, feels good. 

6-0 this week combined from all my leagues (6 leagues & all wins), I won my last league on that last second Barkley two point conversion. ???? #thankyouBarkley!

For some context, I have the highest PA and have 104 more that the least PA. I’ve lost 2 by under 10 pts. 

Needed 21 from Odell tonight. Talk about ups and downs. Missed that gl opp early. Then had some big catches at the end. Was down by 0.2 after they scored the 2nd to last TD. They decide to go for 2 and try for him. Terrible throw, but still one he should have had and usually does. Shepherd catches that big chunker which limits his opps to get the catch I need. Then Eli tries to sneak it 2 times in a row and doesn’t make it. Then he get the TD with 5 seconds left! 

I needed that. It’s been a rough year. Thanks Odell for producing like a 1st rounder. 

36 minutes ago, The Gridiron Assassin said:

6-1 points leader in a 14 banger. 

Onto week 8. 

Feels good when you plan out a monster and it hits, feels good. 

What did u roll out?

Up by 29 with only Eli left to face on MNF. He puts up his best numbers of the season and we end up in a tie.....I take the tie breaker.

• Like 1

staying undefeated 7-0

Ertz saving me ones more.

Snagged Quan and Chubb on friday. 

Second best team in my conference is 2 wins behind me. Second best team in my division is 4 wins behind me.

Good weekend for me.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Tghetty said:

What did u roll out?

Mahomes 

Kamara 

Cohen 

Lindsay 

Landry 

Edelman

Engram 

Akiem Hicks 

Darius Leonard 

Derwin James 

Chargers D 

Butker 

• Like 1

Good Morning Bro's!

If anyone is having a bad day I will offer a look at my team to cheer you up, I know it's that good!

This weeks starters *

Cousins*, Goff

Barkley*, Conner*, CMC*, Mack, C Thompson

Hopkins*, Cooks*, Diggs*, Brown, Godwin, A Cooper

Kittle, Graham*

Browns*

On 10/23/2018 at 9:30 AM, iretirefromfantasy said:

Good Morning Bro's!

If anyone is having a bad day I will offer a look at my team to cheer you up, I know it's that good!

This weeks starters *

Cousins*, Goff

Barkley*, Conner*, CMC*, Mack, C Thompson

Hopkins*, Cooks*, Diggs*, Brown, Godwin, A Cooper

Kittle, Graham*

Browns*

Just updated the Defense.

2lwrq4g.jpg

Gave up on Royce today.  Baldwin was dropped & I couldn't talk myself out of it. Really though I stole an RB2 when I drafted him late but it just never really worked out. First the Lindsey takeover, the offense not really flowing, now the dreaded high ankle sprain so probably out this week, next week vs HOU then a bye, I made the move.  Not happy about it but couldn't turn down Baldwin for free.

13 hours ago, Jordan23 said:

Gave up on Royce today.  Baldwin was dropped & I couldn't talk myself out of it. Really though I stole an RB2 when I drafted him late but it just never really worked out. First the Lindsey takeover, the offense not really flowing, now the dreaded high ankle sprain so probably out this week, next week vs HOU then a bye, I made the move.  Not happy about it but couldn't turn down Baldwin for free.

I can understand, I took him as my 3rd RB, and I thought I'd have my FLEX covered all season. Haven't dropped him yet, but he is probably next off if there's a hot add

• Like 1

was able to trade Mike Evans and Derrick Henry a few weeks ago for Hunt (before his last two big games).

:)

now rolling with Pat mahomes, gurley, hunt and AJ green...kupp is injured so i'm starting trequan smith this week lol

in another league, i picked up Amari Cooper off waivers this morning from someone who dropped him for Geronimo allison...hoping he pans out - couldn't resist the potential!

Edited by swetooth9
  • Like 1

Some dude in my league dropped Melvin Gordon for Jalen Richard in my league. Roster space is not an issue given the fact that he has 2 DST and 2 kickers on his roster. WTF?  Seriously dumbfounded....

Traded some of my team’s depth to shore up my team’s starting lineup. In the process I lost both Chubb, and Johnson. But I got Ertz for TE, and have Gordon, CMC, and Michel to roll out.

Anyways I lost some fun players in the process. But in the past 24 hours I have picked up Ronald Jones, Jalen Richard(full ppr), and Tre’quan Smith.

Sitting at 6-1 I’m feeling good. Just gotta hope one of ^ hits, and I can upgrade my 3rd wr behind Julio/Hilton.

On 22/10/2018 at 2:19 PM, poofinger said:

What you talkin bout Willis

I tried to delete that rambling /// Short version I got Chubb and i'm laughing to the bank!

I should be 6-0 in two leagues. But Im 6-0 in one and 5-2 in the other.

(5-2)Cousins, Kamara, Conner, Mixon, Adams, Cooks, Boyd, Godwin, Kerryon, Burton, Chubb, Kirk, Bernard, Bears D, Butker. 

(6-0)Wilson, Goff, Trubisky, Zeke, Winston(drop), Conner, Cohen, Chubb, Adams, Cooks, Landry, Gordon, Fuller(Rip), Keenan Allen(traded away), DJax, Ebron, Njoku (ekeler traded)

Proud of myself

Edited by CABLE87

On 10/25/2018 at 9:40 AM, Onyx said:

Some dude in my league dropped Melvin Gordon for Jalen Richard in my league. Roster space is not an issue given the fact that he has 2 DST and 2 kickers on his roster. WTF?  Seriously dumbfounded....

That’s crazy. I wish we could customize the unstoppable list

On ‎10‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 9:14 PM, leffe186 said:

I know how it works. When you're watching your FF scoreboard live, your score goes backwards, while the oppo racks up the points. I know this immutable law. So tonight, for the nth time, I vow that I won't look, because I'm forced to roll Osweiler out as bye week cover, and the oppo has Lamar Miller. I'd probably take 10pts from Osweiler and be happy with it. 

But I can't resist.

And I take a peek. it's 7-0. But it's a rushing TD. And the ball is on the Miami 2. And you all know what happens next.

5 hours ago, leffe186 said:

This week. My oppo is the High Commissioner of the league and is the only one at 7-0 in a 20-teamer. I'm 2-5 in the same division. A s---y Thursday night, but my Antonio Brown goes off first half. I took the risk of putting the Bengals D against his Jameis Winston and it pays off! Cruising...

72-yard Mike Evans TD.

The other guy is having an absolutely blessed season.

Well hot damn.

We're watching the 4/4:25 games. I have David Johnson, Kittle, Jalen Richard, Cory Littleton (IDP). He has Cooks and Kirk. My guys get some points on the board, but I'm just sitting there waiting for the inevitable long TD from either Cooks or Kirk. Or both. I'm well ahead, and there's not much time left. Suddenly Goff is forcing the ball to Cooks, and then Kirk gets a tuddy. Everyone's preparing for the late Cooks TD. When Montgomery fumbled I damn near walked out of the house.

Thank goodness they didn't try anything silly. Now I'm 3-5 - still alive - and the High Comm's 7-1. Feels good.

Mahomes, Kamara, Cohen, & Lindsay combine for 102+ and I move to 7-1 on the campaign. 

Title or bust in 2018

Picked up Jared Cook last Monday because Ertz is on bye week 9. Gronk's (inexperienced) owner dropped him for C.J. Uzomah, so I made my waiver claim to pick up Gronk and let Cook go. Got Gronk. Cook gets picked up a few days later from the waiver wire by someone else. Uzomah puts up a goose egg yesterday, and is on bye this upcoming week 9.

Today, I get a trade offer from Gronk's original owner wanting him back in exchange for Uzomah. This may be the worst trade offer in the history of fantasy football given my situation and needs. How can this person possibly think I'll do this, especially during a playoff chase with money on the line? It's just not my job to rescue other owners from thoughtless decisions. This same owner dropped Mixon and Kupp when they got injured earlier this season, and of course I picked them up (dropping relatively useful players in the process). There needs to be a strategy primer or something for novice FF players in these Yahoo leagues.

I have 3 of the Top 5 RBs this week in full point PPR, i had Marlon Mack at one point and that would have been 4 in the Top 5....

feels good man