tonycpsu

2018 "Cool Story, Bro!" Thread

Two things that give you a slight warm feeling:

1. Picking up a player as a FA just before the WW frenzy. Recent exhibit - MVS.

2. Fretting for ages about dropping a player because you know somebody's gonna pick him up and he's going to explode.. Then he goes unclaimed on waivers.

On 11/2/2018 at 1:10 PM, bwarbiany said:

I sometimes run into this situation... My roster is so freaking good that I can't enjoy the "hype train" players because I don't have room to start them...

Right now, I'm stuck with a decision each week between Boyd, Sutton, Michel, and Marvin Jones for my FLEX play... When you have Mixon, Conner, AB and M Thomas, it's an embarrassment of riches...

I hear you I traded away Cooks and Jeffery for OBJ because the "Embarrassment of riches" issue.  Now every week I have to start 2 rb, 2 wr, 1 flex and I get to choose between Conner, Mixon, Dalvin, OBJ, Keenan and Boyd.  I needed to limit my margin for choosing the wrong player.  Drafted Lev Bell #3 overall and it didn't hurt me.  Made more trades in this league than I ever had to wind up with this roster.

18 minutes ago, humanpuck said:

I hear you I traded away Cooks and Jeffery for OBJ because the "Embarrassment of riches" issue.  Now every week I have to start 2 rb, 2 wr, 1 flex and I get to choose between Conner, Mixon, Dalvin, OBJ, Keenan and Boyd.  I needed to limit my margin for choosing the wrong player.  Drafted Lev Bell #3 overall and it didn't hurt me.  Made more trades in this league than I ever had to wind up with this roster.

On 2.11.2018 at 6:10 PM, bwarbiany said:

I sometimes run into this situation... My roster is so freaking good that I can't enjoy the "hype train" players because I don't have room to start them...

Right now, I'm stuck with a decision each week between Boyd, Sutton, Michel, and Marvin Jones for my FLEX play... When you have Mixon, Conner, AB and M Thomas, it's an embarrassment of riches...

I am or let's say I was in the same situation.

I had Ryan, Zeke, Mixon, Conner, Kerryon Johnson, Chubb, AJG, Diggs, Ridley, MVS and Ertz.

I decided to get rid of the "worries" of Conner and packaged him with KJohnson and Ridley to get Micheal Thomas and Dalvin Cook. I got bamboozeled for that trade in the Conner thread, but I didn't really care. I prefer(ed) the safe Micheal Thomas in my Flex for the playoffs than Conner where anything can happen.

It was a rough two weeks with the byes and the AJG and Diggs injury, but I still am undefeated with 9-0.

After this last "bye week"-week I will go with Ryan, Zeke, Mixon, Diggs, Thomas, Ertz, Cook/Chubb and that's the only decision I will have to make. No more Ridley or Conner scoring 40 on my bench. It sucks seeing Conner scoring 30, but I loved seeing thomas getting 40.

Edited by thebadferret

Crazy week when Alvin Kamara is your lowest scoring RB after he puts up 22

Chubb - 36

CMC - 32

Aaron Jones - 32

Kamara - 22

battle for best record/most points scored on the season .... my esteemed opponent blessed my arse by starting the J-E-T-S JetsJetsJets! "defense" - negated his Kamara/Jones backfield - i lead by 16 heading into tomorrow night - my Barkley vs his Breida. 

This week i scored the most gameweek points in my league's 5 year history; 174.10 in a 12 team standard. Thanks to Brees, David Johnson, James Conner, Aaron Jones, Julio Jones, Tyreek Hill, Greg Olsen, Zuerlein, and the Packers D.

Edited by Sartorialism

Set a league record today with 201.3...12 team .5 PPR

Brees 34.9 Chubb 34.4 DJ 33.8 Julio 20.2 Hill 29.2 Njoku 2.3 (ouch) Kerryon 21.9 Butker 10 Chiefs 14.6

• Like 1

Chubb, benched. Ingram, benched. AJones, benched. About 85 points standard sitting on my bench. Had to "settle" for 20 from MG3, 13 from Conner, and 22 from Fournette ? Crushed the week still!

After a bit of a mess of a season, it's nice to finally be able to relax and enjoy a Monday night game. In a 20-teamer, I'm now 4-6, but three of those four victories have been against the top scorer (by a mile), the second-top scorer (also by a mile), and the guy who's currently 8-1 (his game is still up in the air this week). It's a season of "could-have-beens", but I've definitely enjoyed this FF week, saw the Browns looking good and I have Kittle to do my victory lap tomorrow night.

Even with D. Hopkins on a bye, this has to be one of my highest scores ever in standard scoring.   

FF Score2.jpg

Down by 2.5 going into SNF with his Zeke vs my Ertz remaining (1 pt PPR). I get the win 177.18 to 175.82. Passed the lead back and forth a few times during the game...I may need a bye week to recover from this roller coaster ride.

Bonus cool story bro for the cool story bro...I started the Jets D over Washington D in this one and put up -3 pts instead of 17 pts. 99 times out of one hundred I'd be posting in the vent and rant thread instead!

Edited by Coachacola37
spelling

Picked up Dez and Pierre Garcon for bye week fill ins. Dropped them due to injury for John Ross and Donte Moncrief. I'm obviously a genius.

3 hours ago, chief79 said:

Even with D. Hopkins on a bye, this has to be one of my highest scores ever in standard scoring.   

FF Score2.jpg

Cool bro, that's a nice team!

• Thanks 1

I have Roethlisberger and Chubb, yay. I left Fournette and Ebron on my bench, nooooo. My opponent has CMC and Trubisky, boooooooooo! It’s such a cool story in a very tragic way. Maybe I’ll be back with a good ending tomorrow. I need 28 points from Barkley. Cautiously optimistic.

Left Chubb 36pts, Aaron jones 32 pts and Allen Robinson 31 pts all on my bench still going to win... the rbs I started were Barkley mixon and Mack and wrs Ridley josh Gordon and Golden Tate.. safe to say if I played any other team probably would have lost since those players didn’t do crap this week 

2 fantasy full PPR, last player was the same  Zach Ertz :lol: win by 5 points and 3points when I was so dead before SNF , thank you zach ,the birthday was yours but you give all the presents to us 

In standard, my 5 players in the noon games combined for 11 points (Boyd, Mack, White, Reed, NYJ)... thank god Goff, Zeke, Adams, Legatron had my back. 8-2 with 2 game lead on rest of league, lets go

I still am outside the playoff hunt by a game because i made dumb horrible streaming decisions weeks 1-3 but i am going to win this week by 80 points depending on what barkley does even though I sat aJones and fournette. Having options is not always a good thing.

"OUCH" strategy: streaming Jets D to play a pathetic Bills offense which has a QB that was thought to have retired 5 years ago...for a nice minus 6 total! <_<

"WHAT?" strategy: Getting Fitzmagic in your lineup, he throws for over 400 yards...and the team scores 3 whole points???? :rolleyes:

I don't have either...but was feeling for those that do.

On 11/4/2018 at 6:58 PM, lolcopter said:

PPR is such an easy game

standard has it's moments as well:

fKLJvTR.png