tonycpsu

2018 "Cool Story, Bro!" Thread

53 minutes ago, trilly said:

To each his own, some fun rivalries and trash talking have developed between some teams over the years and it makes scheduling easy - play each team in your division twice, play everyone else once.  We also mix up divisions every few years to keep things fresh.

If you set up scheduling yourself, that's all good. However, this isn't the way ESPN does it. 

In ESPN leagues, if you have divisions, you play your own division once and you only double up teams in the OPPOSITE division. Which is the dumbest possible thing because it expressly makes divisions worth less than they would be if you played your own division teams more often. If out-of-division games carry more weight than in-division games [as there are more of them], then your division finishes are based more on how you played against the other side than how you played within the division...

Last year we almost had a situation where a team missed the playoffs despite having a better record than the champion of the other division. Luckily it worked itself out in the final week of the regular season, and the other division champion won their matchup while the #4 team in the strong division lost theirs. But I made sure that neither of the two leagues I'm in this year used divisions because of that possibility. 

18 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

7-3, 1st in points scored, 10 team league

78-12

9-1, 1st in points scored, 12 team league

90-19-1

Was the tie in a decimal league?

It looks like the Bucs are going to go back to Winston as i was expecting. In my 14 team superflex league, a league where the likes of Nick Mullens or literally any other starting QB are hot property, i managed to pick him up off waivers after he was dropped midweek. I already have Stafford and Rivers, so even if i don't play Winston then keeping him from others could make him a league winner.

The entire Saints team scored 148.92 fantasy points in Standard. 

The Eagles scored 18.2

That’s 148.9 - 18.2

• Like 1

Needed 57 in standard to win with only the Bears D/ST, Mahomes, and Butker to go. Mahomes had me sweating with all those turnovers, but ezpz.

On ‎11‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 10:03 PM, leffe186 said:

Well I was 66 pts up with Dalvin Cook still to come, and he only has Goff and Everett left. Now I'm 67.5pts up and he only has Goff and Everett left. I mean, I'm going to win, but this is all a bit painful.

Well holy s---. I am fairly legendary for my bad luck in our league, but this was very close to what might just have been the worst loss of all time.

All season I have been unable to enjoy Monday night games due to horrible endings. This week I thought I could relax. I'm up against the bottom guy in our 20-teamer - he's the Bell owner who didn't pick up Conner, his next two most expensive draftees were his WRs Demaryius Thomas and Corey Davis, his next most expensive player was Duke Johnson, the TE he drafted was Tyler Eifert. He's 1-9. Duke has finally got it going but is on a bye this week. Looking good for me.

I need to win out to have any hope of scraping into the playoffs. Despite forgetting to switch in Coutee for Moncrief when he's declared active, I take a 66.1 pt lead into Sunday night. I have Dalvin Cook left, he has Goff and Everett. Cook has an absolute disaster, but I'm still 67.6pts ahead. There's a points correction (still don't know where from) but that still leaves me 63.6pts ahead and he just has Goff and Everett.

Good start from Goff, but he stalls out a bit. Nothing at all from Everett. Into the fourth quarter, Goff keeps creeping up, but still basically nothing from Everett. Less than 10 minutes left and Everett suddenly pops up with his first catch. 7yd TD. Still, I'm well ahead, and not really worrying. Chiefs go three and out, getting slightly nervous. Rams go three and out, feeling better. Chiefs drive takes up nearly four minutes and ends in a score. Less than 2 minutes left. No problem.

J.Goff pass deep right to G.Everett for 40 yards, TOUCHDOWN.

Wat.

There's one minute and 49 secs left. I am about 4 pts ahead now. Mahomes has the ball, for pretty much a 2 minute drill, with a difference of three points on the field. All the Chiefs need is a FG and I'm facing Goff and Everett in OT, with just four points to play with. Mahomes launches it long, into FG territory...

P.Mahomes pass deep right intended for C.Conley INTERCEPTED by M.Peters

There's 1:18 left now. OT is less likely, but now Goff has the ball, and the Chiefs have three timeouts.Just give it to Gurley, man, get a first down or two and run out the clock. He keeps throwing, and throwing.

J.Hekker punts 68 yards to KC -2, Center-J.McQuaide. T.Hill ran ob at KC 12 for 14 yards

Now Mahomes has the ball again and OT is back on the cards. He scrambles, and launches it into FG territory once again...

P.Mahomes pass deep right intended for T.Hill INTERCEPTED by L.Joyner at LA 28

I am getting too old for this s---.

I am 4.1pts ahead right now. I have not ruled out a stats correction loss.

Edited by leffe186
Spelling
  • Haha 1

The last TD from Mahomes and Butkers XP tied it at 124-124

i’m sitting here just anticipating my loss...

his Higbee my cooks. Hes one point down with both players getting a catch 127-128

Mahomes gets not 1 but 2 chances to win the game and throws 2 picks!!! Man the fantasy gods are looking out

49 minutes ago, devaster said:

Needed 57 in standard to win with only the Bears D/ST, Mahomes, and Butker to go. Mahomes had me sweating with all those turnovers, but ezpz.

And my opponent dropped the Jags defense for the Titans on Saturday night. 12 point swing there that would have easily lost me the week. 9-2 and my only two losses were on some real flukey weeks. I guess I also could just have easily lost a couple games on some flukey weeks as well. Bears D/ST and Mahomes winning me so many weeks.

Both of my teams are in first place, 8-3(12 teams) and 9-2(10 teams) and both first in points scored.  

But I really wanted to share my cool story bro from my 10 teamer (team in signature) and how even with busts/ injuries to your top players, it is not always a lost season.  My 10 team league is an auction draft and 3 of the 5 most expensive players that I bid for during the draft were busts/injured.  By working the waiver wire like its a full time job and getting lucky a time or two you can really save your season.  The 5 players I paid the most for were K. Allen, McKinnon, J. Howard, R. Freeman and A. Thielen.  Howard and Freeman have been big busts this year and McKinnon was hurt before the season even started.  The only player that has played great has been Thielen.  I took a gamble after week 3 and packaged K. Allen, R. Freeman and Dion Lewis for David Johnson, which finally paid off after Arizona fired their coach and offensive coordinator.  I did hit gold drafting Mahomes and to a lesser extent Michel.  I got lucky by picking up Chubb and stashing him after his 2 carry 100 yd 2 TD outburst early in the season. I also just packaged Howard and Brieda to a team currently in the playoffs but with no RB's for AJ Green.  Don't know if this will lead to my first championship in this league in many, many years, but I have a good shot especially with a bye the first week of playoffs already locked up.   

Overcame a Bell/Fournette 1-2 draft (plus Hilton round 4) and a 1-3 start (three losses by a total of 6 points) to clinch a playoff berth last night at 8-3. (Couldn't trade Bell either - wound up dropping him after the deadline.) That Goff TD to Everett knocked out the last 4-win team that theoretically could have caught me, and the 4-win team that poached Conner during the draft also got eliminated. Never would have imagined I'd recover this fast. Ah, the fantasy power of Mahomes...

3 weeks ago I was adamant on signing Dallas defense against Tennessee.  Some idiot used a waiver claim on them so I had to settle for Miami and their 25 points over the jets.  2 weeks ago I drop Jordan Reed and my opponent picks him up and inexplicably starts Reed over Ebron and his 3 td’s.  He’d been starting Ebron all year.  This past week I was going to sign Baltimore’s defense but my opponent beat me to the punch and starts them over houston.  I win all 3 match ups because of the point swings involving those moves.  This week I go against the Hill and Hunt owner with a fully loaded roster.  

• Like 1

Got 3 teams, all 3 are 7-4, not too shabby of a start.  My keeper league I was 6-4 going into the week on a 5 game win streak.  I decided to get cute and start Mariota over Cousins, because well the Bears.  I pretty much figured my win streak was over when Barkley and Golladay went off and I had a big 3.1 points from my QB.  Down 30.3 points going into Monday night with Hunt and Cooks.  I could finally breathe easy when Cooks made his last catch.  Ended up winning by 4 points with 3.1 points by Mariota and the Chargers D combined.

Couldn't get to the site from work the past few days, so that's why this is late. lol

I'm in 3 leagues. This past Monday night I both "had" AND was "playing against" Gurley, Hunt, Woods among the 3 leagues.

In my BIG league, I was down by 97. I had Goff, Gurley, Hunt, Woods, and Butker.

I ended up winning all 3 leagues...plus, the Rams (my favorite team) won.

...aside from my wife being angry with me, it was a good night. :D

• Like 1

It's nice when things just manage to roll right for you to get a win.  Started off down 22-5 on Thursday (JOnes vs. Crosby). Come Sunday I wasn't able to follow the live fantasy scoring, so I was just checking stats all day. My Fournette was doing well to offset Jones and my Kerryon dominated his Corey Davis at Flex, and AB was doing next to nothing, while my Hopkins had a TD, so things were going fairly well despite his Marlon Mack hitting 60 plus a TD.

Unfortunately for me at the time, my Fitz was giving me fits, and he unsurprisingly got pulled, leaving me with only 9.8 pts at QB. To add onto that, KJ got injured and didn't return and AB got a long TD, so I knew I was gonna need some help from the Saints in the late games. As it turned out, maybe Fitz getting benched might have been the best thing for me? It led to my Evans recovering a fumble in the end zone for a huge TD, then catching another downfield TD to more than offset his AB. Vance McDonald also chipped in for a TD for me in place of Kittle.

Unfortunately things started off bad for me in the late games, his Rivers was doing well, which wasn't really a surprise. I just needed my Kamara to beast. Unfortunately, despite the Saints going off, my Kamara had no piece of the action as far as TD's were concerned. In addition, the Saints being up so much also meant that my opponent's Ertz and Jeffery were going to see a lot of scoring. But, amazingly, as I watched the game and followed the stats, they continued to stay quiet. Late in the game, I couldn't believe the Saints were going for it on 4th and 7 up by so much. Then couldn't believe my luck as Kamara hauled in the pass from Brees and dragged himself and Jenkins into the end zone for what wasn't a huge TD for the real life game, but I knew was a huuuuge TD for my fantasy game, even though I wasn't able to see the scores.

Thankfully Ertz and Jeffery stayed quiet and Rivers didn't do much more damage, and when I finally was able to check scores, I half cringed at what I was going to see, but was pumped to see I pulled off the W by 2.4 pts! Beat this opponent 3 of 4 times across 2 leagues, and my wins came by a combined score of around 5 pts. But it's crazy how my QB being pulled actually helped me, particularly through Winston's fumble into the end zone that Evans recovered. With the way Fitz was going, I wasn't likely to see the 24 pts that Evans eventually got. That Vance got a TD, with PIT being mostly stonewalled on O until that point, and with all the weapons Ben has, including another competent TE. And then that Kamara TD, ended up being a game winner. When most would punt or kick a FG, especially with a decent kicker in Lutz

tl;dr the stars aligned to allow me to squeak by and win one of my week 11 games by 2!

Edited by JCDaly

Tyreek Hill is like having Mahomes kryptonite. Or Mahomes insurance. Not many fantasy teams beat Mahomes last week, but I bet most of those that did had him

Edited by fakespike

8-4, playing for a bye next week and hitting on all cylinders with CMac, Chubb and Juju. I got a winner with some luck.