tonycpsu

2018 "Cool Story, Bro!" Thread

On 12/13/2018 at 10:58 PM, ninersdd said:

Damien was a stud, and Rivers grinded out a respectable day for me. Also my opponent had Keenan and Butker. I'm still nervous though since my opponent is loaded. Hopefully Hopkins can ball out on Saturday.

Add a Nuk bomb to this!

The top seed in my league lost. He went 11-2. Number 1 in points scored and earned a bye. 

He averaged 115 points in 0.25 PPR. 

This weekend he scored 45 points. Not only his low score of the season. But the lowest score out of everybody for the year. 

Got zero points from his D. Negative 1 from his K. His TE, RB2, and WR1 combined for 9.8 points. 

What a weekend. I’d imagine top seeds in a number of leagues fell. 

29 minutes ago, Tenner said:

The top seed in my league lost. He went 11-2. Number 1 in points scored and earned a bye. 

He averaged 115 points in 0.25 PPR. 

This weekend he scored 45 points. Not only his low score of the season. But the lowest score out of everybody for the year. 

Got zero points from his D. Negative 1 from his K. His TE, RB2, and WR1 combined for 9.8 points. 

What a weekend. I’d imagine top seeds in a number of leagues fell. 

I went 11-2 and was top seed in my 10 man. This weekend was brutal. But I managed to survive. 

Goff - Turd

Zeke - relative Turd
Damian Williams - did well 
Julio - did well 

Thielin - huge turd 

Cook - huge turd 

Lamar Miller - huge turd 
Tucker - eh 

Bears - eh 

Edited by HTM

I'm 28.24pts ahead and I'm done. Opponent has Mark Ingram.

I started Keenan Allen and Aaron Jones. Luckily I also own Lamar Miller but he was on my bench!!! My opponent will go crazy if I win this.

I started the league 2-4, made playoffs at 10-4.  League starts 6 IDPS. You auction draft a 20 player roster with only 10 adds for they year.--You CANNOT drop players. I have no roster adds left for playoffs and have to start who I got.  

This week I went up against the top record team with most points. He had Luck, Hill, Theilen, A Jones, Kittle, Mixon.  I had to play Anthony Miller with ODB out, started Michel over Breida(cause Im an idiot) and had to start Hooper at TE, luckily Darius Leonard and Deon Jones killed it for me.

I'm currently down by 8 points with Newton and Donte Jackson left to play.--His players are done for the week. --Bonus this was my brother.

Worst scoring team in my league in playoffs came within 1 point of beating the top (by far) team who has gurley, mahomes, hill, diggs, Henry, Ebron etc. That last catch by Gurley was the difference. Playoffs is so random. 

Lost the first four games which essentially meant I missed the playoffs. Rebuilt my team almost completely (only retained AB and Kittle from my draft). Just missed out on the playoffs. If I'd got the #8 seed I would have already secured my place in the final, which would have been against a guy who has Keenan Allen and Sanu as his WRs.

C'est la vie. How much does it suck to know that it's over nine months till next season's FF draft?

Got into the semi-finals in both my leagues, was the underdog in both of them; thanks to Jaylen Samuels and Justin Jackson (and Kamara and Nuk), that's now 2 finals. Hot d@mn. THANK YOU GUYS!

• Like 1

Made it to the finals in 2 out of my 5 leagues. Going up against my Cousin in our 14 team Dynasty league. I am the underdog as he has a stacked team and unfortunately I will need to roll out Carr at QB. I get the wonderful experience of watching the Raiders vs. Broncos Christmas Eve and while my family is exchanging gifts and having a jolly time I feel that I will be cussing at the TV quite a bit while watching a game that nobody gives a s--- about lol.

Edited by metalmat
  • Like 1

Made it to the Finals in my 10 team money league after this draft

2nd overall: Lev Bell

19th overall: Keenan

22nd overall: Davante Adams

39th overall: Alex Collins

42nd overall: Fitzgerald

59th overall: Royce Freeman

62nd overall: Sony Michel

79th overall: Wentz

82nd overall: Sammy Watkins

99th overall: Jamison Crowder

102nd overall: Jordan Reed

119th overall: CJ Anderson

9 out of my first 12 picks were busts, not how you start, its how you finish!

• Like 4

I actually feel kinda bad for an owner in one of my semi-finals. Guy lost 89.22 to 88.76. He had Will Lutz. All he needed was a FG, even the extra point if the Saints score. Instead he gets a freakin touchback!  Then at that point, you just gotta pray CAR can get it to OT, but they fail too.

• Sad 2

2 minutes ago, supac720 said:

I actually feel kinda bad for an owner in one of my semi-finals. Guy lost 89.22 to 88.76. He had Will Lutz. All he needed was a FG, even the extra point if the Saints score. Instead he gets a freakin touchback!  Then at that point, you just gotta pray CAR can get it to OT, but they fail too.

I won by 0.12 with CMC getting just enough points that last drive and my opponent not getting points from Wil Lutz.  Just crazy situation I somehow pulled out of my arse to win.  

Of course I was projected to dominate; so I don't feel too bad about it.

• Like 2

In 3 finals and in two of them the owners I'm facing have Gurley/Carson in cake matchups haha not too optimistic 

11-2 and playing the 7-6 team. I had to face Damien Williams on Thursday. Duds from Saquon, Big Ben, Drake, and Kittle. Had a 40 point lead in PPR with Lutz facing Cam, CMC, DJ Moore, and Ian Thomas. THANK GOD FOR THE INEPTITUDE OF THE CAROLINA PANTHERS!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 3

I lost Gordon, Conner, Wentz, Sanders, OJ Howard, Spencer Ware and others in the 2nd half of the season but still made it to the championship game next week. I'll probably lose next week but I'll be happy even with 2nd place money

Last week I knocked out the top seed who was 12-1. I snuck into the playoffs at 7-6 

Edited by SteelBallin
  • Like 2

I lost my match up. But I want to visit this thread to cheer myself up. Happy for everyone who made it. 

Btw, f--- YOU MILLER. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Been in a 12-team keeper auction league since 2002 (when I was in college) and suggested to my dad we co-manage it as a way to make sure we always had something we did together.  We had totally different approaches and opinions but did well through compromise.  We had a few bad breaks in playoffs and never won a title and in 2011 someone left the league and he took over that team.

We've both done well since but this year we'll be facing off in the finals for the first time.  Earlier this year he didn't make his waiver adds immediately after they were emailed out (we do blind auction FA pickups) and I knew something was wrong.  It turned out to be a health scare which required hospitalization.

Despite the fact that I've had an epic season (talked about earlier in this thread), I'd be lying if I said a big part of me didn't want him to win - I won last year and I know how much he would enjoy it.

Thanks for reading my sappy story.

Edited by trilly
  • Like 4

I prefer PPR leagues but for some reason the league with some of my college buddies switched to standard after always being PPR. I just made it to the championship after finishing the regular season 12-1 and getting a 1st round BYE. My WRs were horrendous the entire season and on average I got only 11pts/game out of my 2 WRs including a phenomenal 2.5 this week and 1.3 the week prior. Luckily I had Gurley, CMC, Kelce as my first 3 picks and Michel, Jones and Carson to flex. I was undefeated until like week 9 and typically am one of the top teams in the league (admittedly my friends are no ff savants) so the entire league basically black-balled against trading me a better WR and I just sucked on getting guys off the wire. 

Maybe its more of condemnation of my league but I don't know how I've managed to do so well when my WRs have been so bad. Kind of illustrates why I dislike standard so much since WRs are just heavily devalued. 

• Like 2

Playing Brees/Kamara/Keuchley in one league where I only needed 30 points.

Playing against Brees & Ingram in another league where I only had 20 or so point margin.

That game played out *perfectly*. Unbelievable. Let's get some bread in the 'chip gentlemen.

Edited by jasonresno
  • Like 2

2 teams, 2 Championship games this season. Possible 3/3 in titles since joining Yahoo last year and dropping back into the redraft game. No family leagues. Ex-dynasty rat.

Edited by Fantasy Gooroo
  • Like 2

4 year playoff drought in my now 10+ year old league but this season I hit on some draft picks ( no trades only waiver diving ) started well but then limped into the playoffs as the mediocre 4th seed and final seed. Dealt with losing Hunt and AJG, scooped up a full waiver wire RB core for the semis ( Samuels, Damien Wil, Elijah Mc ) and went to battle.

I am now in the championship game after taking down the #1 seed while scoring the most total points weeks 14/15 out of all the other teams combined scores!

Now that my gloating and celebration is done, a moment of saddness because the my opponent in our Superbowl has Derrick Henry, fantasy god.  I'm toast.  :o

Edited by Zak0221
  • Like 1

There's probably a few of these involving Cam, but this one's mine: Up by 5 going into tonight - he had Cam, I had Ian Thomas. No chance. Won by 2.5, my second-biggest miracle of an almost 20 year fantasy career. Who knew those two catches by Thomas on the first drive would be the difference. Unreal. 

Edited by bendover
  • Like 4

22 minutes ago, trilly said:

Been in a 12-team keeper auction league since 2002 (when I was in college) and suggested to my dad we co-manage it as a way to make sure we always had something we did together.  We had totally different approaches and opinions but did well through compromise.  We had a few bad breaks in playoffs and never won a title and in 2011 someone left the league and he took over that team.

We've both done well since but this year we'll be facing off in the finals for the first time.  Earlier this year he didn't make his waiver adds immediately after they were emailed out (we do blind auction FA pickups) and I knew something was wrong.  It turned out to be a health scare which required hospitalization.

Despite the fact that I've had an epic season (talked about earlier in this thread), I'd be lying if I said a big part of me didn't want him to win - I won last year and I know how much he would enjoy it.

Thanks for reading my sappy story.

That's awesome!