lolcopter

Phillip Lindsay 2018 Outlook

2 minutes ago, Guwop said:

And that's really good given how bad the RBs have been and how half of rotoworld rode with freeman over Lindsay until halfway through the season lol. 

I do not disagree. In fact the ONLY thing I disagreed with in this thread was the notion that Lindsay is "this year's Kamara". 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Joe Odam said:

I do not disagree. In fact the ONLY thing I disagreed with in this thread was the notion that Lindsay is "this year's Kamara". 

If the Broncos used him as the every down back like he is capable of being, then that wouldn't be that farfetched honestly.  He continues to show his running ability every week even if he never gets 20 carries in a game, and he's a good pass catcher too, but they would rather use a third down back for no reason.  At the very least, Kamara-lite.

It's hard to complain too much though when he's giving reliable production every week even when he rarely gets 20 touches in a game.

1 minute ago, KilloWertz said:

If the Broncos used him as the every down back like he is capable of being, then that wouldn't be that farfetched honestly.  He continues to show his running ability every week even if he never gets 20 carries in a game, and he's a good pass catcher too, but they would rather use a third down back for no reason.  At the very least, Kamara-lite.

It's hard to complain too much though when he's giving reliable production every week even when he rarely gets 20 touches in a game.

with all due respect, IF a lot of players had different situations they would be far more productive than they are. IF DJ got targeted like he used to he'd be top 5 in ppr. IF McCarthy fed A Jones all year he'd be in that neighborhood too. IF the Lions committed to Kerryon he'd be a #1. And so on and so forth. Alas, he is used how he's used and that makes him a very nice #2 rb......and a FAR cry from AK41:)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Joe Odam said:

with all due respect, IF a lot of players had different situations they would be far more productive than they are. IF DJ got targeted like he used to he'd be top 5 in ppr. IF McCarthy fed A Jones all year he'd be in that neighborhood too. IF the Lions committed to Kerryon he'd be a #1. And so on and so forth. Alas, he is used how he's used and that makes him a very nice #2 rb......and a FAR cry from AK41:)

That was my point.  Well, most of it at least.   I was saying he could be at the very least Kamara-lite if given the opportunity.  He should get more of an opportunity too because there is literally no reason to use a third-down back with Lindsay on the team.

Also, I did say I can't complain too much since he is still productive.  You are right that he is still a nice RB2.

• Like 1

Set it and forget it from this point forward for me. 

Huerman is out, which means they are going to lean on Sanders and Lindsay more than ever. 

Lindsay will be on many teams that win it all. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Joe Odam said:

Yea I get that. s--- I wish he was used that way. League winner if he was. I'll take what I can get after drafting both freeman and Howard lol

2 hours ago, devaster said:

Is it time for Royce to shine yet?

Hasn't been since week 2

Another STUD week for the soon to be top 10RB in ppr. 

He sure is breaking down under that lead back role huh? :D

On 11/28/2018 at 12:46 AM, brosephd said:

wonder how this rb situation will play out going into next year

Really? What situation? Lindsay’s backfield. Period.

Lindsay is already a Top 10 RB.  Imagine if DEN would have used this kid appropriately early on instead of trying to make Freeman a thing.  Could be one of the top RBs with more carries.  Dude is so explosive when he touches the ball.

• Thanks 1

Why does Lindsay continue to get playing time over Royce Freeman???  I was told by experts on this board that draft investment is very important determining factor in dictating playing time.  Lindsay wasn't even drafted for chrissakes!  

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Live look inside in broncos locker room as the team celebrates Lindsay's performance 

giphy.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Wish they would throw him the ball and design some plays for him. To say he’s their most talented and dangerous offensive player would be an understatement. What a story. Going to be one of the best undrafted rookie seasons in nfl history.

I continue to overthink the split carries, and matchups. Went with Ware over him today in my flex. Dumb, Dumb, Dumb. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sSektor said:

I don’t have a starting spot open for him...feelsbadman dude is a stud.

This seems unlikely. Guy is a borderline rb1. And he's got a sweet, sweet schedule to close out the season. 

4 hours ago, Maroney's Bolgna said:

Why does Lindsay continue to get playing time over Royce Freeman???  I was told by experts on this board that draft investment is very important determining factor in dictating playing time.  Lindsay wasn't even drafted for chrissakes!  

Baloney

Every now and then the longshot pays off, but I’ll put my money on the early pick over the undersized, undrafted one every time.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

Baloney

Every now and then the longshot pays off, but I’ll put my money on the early pick over the undersized, undrafted one every time.  

Yea I agree prior to the season starting the reasoning behind drafting freeman was sound. However the reasoning behind sticking with freeman and ignoring Lindsay was not. A lot of freeman owners paid from ignoring Lindsay 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, 77georgec said:

Really? What situation? Lindsay’s backfield. Period.

I really am interested in this question... Don’t you guys think a full offseason in Denver might push the coaching staff to push Freeman? I mean they drafted him so high hard to think they let Lindsay run the show without another Freeman showcase of some sort?

where do u feel both rbs are drafted next year?

Edited by Rs79

42 minutes ago, Rs79 said:

I really am interested in this question... Don’t you guys think a full offseason in Denver might push the coaching staff to push Freeman? I mean they drafted him so high hard to think they let Lindsay run the show without another Freeman showcase of some sort?

3rd round pick isn't high enough to play someone strictly because of draft capital. No

1 hour ago, AnonymousRob said:

This seems unlikely. Guy is a borderline rb1. And he's got a sweet, sweet schedule to close out the season. 

Drafted Barkley. Kamara keeper. Traded a haul for Zeke. Lindsay is great bench depth though in case of injury.

Edited by sSektor

3 hours ago, Rs79 said:

No. This line of thinking is why Freeman owners stuck with him and missed out on an RB1 this year. Draft capital means very little when you're being Outplayed and the guy outplaying you helps win games. He won't get cut based on draft capital but that doesn't mean he'll be fantasy relevant automatically for next year. 

If this trend continues Lindsay is gone before the 3rd round in redraft at worst. Freeman a DND for me but rotoworld will hype him up to mid round pick probably lol