lolcopter

Phillip Lindsay 2018 Outlook

4 hours ago, Rs79 said:

I really am interested in this question... Don’t you guys think a full offseason in Denver might push the coaching staff to push Freeman? I mean they drafted him so high hard to think they let Lindsay run the show without another Freeman showcase of some sort?

where do u feel both rbs are drafted next year?

No nothing at any point in this season suggests Freeman should be playing over Lindsay. I think the draft capital paid for a guy does occasionally come into play in giving a guy an extended look but not in this case when they have another rookie at the same exact position that looks a whole lot better. They entered last years draft seeking to sure up their RB position for the future and accomplished that even if the order wasn't how it was predicted. They found what they are looking for in Lindsay so why back pedal and sacrifice winning to give Freeman another shot? If he takes a major step forward and earns it that is another story but I believe it is Lindsay's role to lose and he'll likely be the starter heading into next season. 

I think this narrative of Freeman still looming will help suppress Lindsay's draft value especially since all the "doubters"  will still bring up the same concerns about his size, ability to handle a meaningful workload and GL. I think Lindsay will be around the 14-18th RB taken going as early as the 3rd and maybe occasionally slip into the 5th. I doubt Freeman will be taken very high since he wasn't reliably able to carve out stand alone value most of the season. He'll be viewed as a handcuff but the type that has potential to take over the lead role even without an injury occurring. Hard to see that going before getting into the triple-digit picks. 

Edited by Jaw1
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Impreza178 said:

Baloney

Every now and then the longshot pays off, but I’ll put my money on the early pick over the undersized, undrafted one every time.  

Eh. His draft investment had zero to do with what he could do. It was only because of size.

2 hours ago, Slatykamora said:

Eh. His draft investment had zero to do with what he could do. It was only because of size.

What Lindsay has done is the rarest of feats.   He’s 167 yards shy of the all time undrafted rookie season record with 4 games left.   So we’re witnessing history being made.  

Kudos....but again....the odds were vastly in favor of Freeman taking over.   I’ll never apologize for getting a call wrong for the right reasons.  Can’t measure heart.  

2 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

What Lindsay has done is the rarest of feats.   He’s 167 yards shy of the all time undrafted rookie season record with 4 games left.   So we’re witnessing history being made.  

Kudos....but again....the odds were vastly in favor of Freeman taking over.   I’ll never apologize for getting a call wrong for the right reasons.  Can’t measure heart.  

before the season started? Not a sole here besides lolcopter ever even mentioned lindsey. Drafting freeman was the call.

Once we got to lay our eyes on him in week one? The fact a UDFA was given a role right away? Found out he wasnt even invited to the combine to showcase his talent.

We had a good idea he was outlier before week 2. A lot people in both threads were saying not to spend a ton of FAAB on him. I got lambasted for suggesting freeman was TD dependant with Lindesy around. Saying he was different than 99% of scat sized backs.

One week is a small sample to project production...but you can learn a host of things with your eyes.  

How many UDFAs are a noteable of a teams game plan in week 1 rookie year? 

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

Us, Lindsey owners glad Vance didn't listen to you and the other Bronco fan ...

On 11/27/2018 at 4:46 PM, Joe Odam said:

And? He’s nowhere close to what Kamara was. Not even remotely 

Not even remotely?

Edited by beerfish

9 minutes ago, beerfish said:

Not even remotely?

Let me know when he gets closer to 81 receptions and 826 receiving yards....I’ll wait.

recency bias....one helluva drugB)

Edited by Joe Odam

54 minutes ago, Slatykamora said:

before the season started? Not a sole here besides lolcopter ever even mentioned lindsey. Drafting freeman was the call.

Once we got to lay our eyes on him in week one? The fact a UDFA was given a role right away? Found out he wasnt even invited to the combine to showcase his talent.

We had a good idea he was outlier before week 2. A lot people in both threads were saying not to spend a ton of FAAB on him. I got lambasted for suggesting freeman was TD dependant with Lindesy around. Saying he was different than 99% of scat sized backs.

One week is a small sample to project production...but you can learn a host of things with your eyes.  

How many UDFAs are a noteable of a teams game plan in week 1 rookie year? 

Only Lolcopter!! :lol:   I drafted Lindsay in a dynasty right after the NFL draft.  He grew up here in Denver and played at Colorado... everyone knew him.  It’s also correct to say that he looked dynamic in camp.  But so did Royce and Sutton for that matter.    Lindsay was figured by many locally to be a fallback if Isaiah Mckenzie couldn’t stop fumbling on punt/ kick returns.    Plus he could play COP to our prototypical third round pick that the Broncos specifically targeted.    

Oops...Outliers happen.   Most of the time the high drafted rb ends up taking the job.   That’s why you make contingencies and cuff.  

1 hour ago, shakestreet said:

Us, Lindsey owners glad Vance didn't listen to you and the other Bronco fan ...

You mean the other broncos fan that said they should run the ball more, that helped with their current three game win streak?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

You mean the other broncos fan that said they should run the ball more, that helped with their current three game win streak?

Ole Vance finally figured it out.  Only took 3 starting linemen out...and Keenum throwing picks left and right.  

1 hour ago, Joe Odam said:

Let me know when he gets closer to 81 receptions and 826 receiving yards....I’ll wait.

recency bias....one helluva drugB)

I'm not sure you even understand what "this years Kamara" means. You are trying to compare his height, weight, stats. I'm talking about fantasy situation plain and simple. He will be on a lot of championship teams this year, you know, like Kamara was last year.

I traded him for Cooks because he was on the end of my bench. Now I’d love to have him back over Michel. He’s been one of the most reliable RBs this year.

Phillip is so good, i love how hard he runs and seems to be falling forward when tackled. i shat the bed on RB's drafted but getting Phillip after week 1 saved me big time. its great to watch him every week getting better. once they start to use him more they will be looking like a playoff team with a chance to pull a road upset. ill draft him next year 100%.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lolcopter said:

LOL. More like I am glad Vance didn’t listen to that Bronco fan who kept blabbering that Royce Freeman should touch the ball 15-20 times a game for things to work in Denver. 

you have any idea why that Bronco fan can’t admit he was wrong? 

Three game winning streak 

Lindsey’s touches 19/157/2 —— 14/110/1 —— 11/79/2 

Freeman’s touches 12/48 ————6/17 ——————-7/23 

This cat is gonna get me a title. 

Looks keeper worthy, emerging top running back that lives with his parents and has the heart of a lion. 

Steal of a deal. 

1 hour ago, shakestreet said:

LOL. More like I am glad Vance didn’t listen to that Bronco fan who kept blabbering that Royce Freeman should touch the ball 15-20 times a game for things to work in Denver. 

you have any idea why that Bronco fan can’t admit he was wrong? 

Three game winning streak 

Lindsey’s touches 19/157/2 —— 14/110/1 —— 11/79/2 

Freeman’s touches 12/48 ————6/17 ——————-7/23 

I created this thread, genius

i said they needed to run the ball more and they have. But great stat line comparison for a guy who’s been injured the last few weeks

Edited by lolcopter

1 hour ago, The Gridiron Assassin said:

This cat is gonna get me a title. 

Looks keeper worthy, emerging top running back that lives with his parents and has the heart of a lion. 

Steal of a deal. 

Plenty of quotes I have queued up after this fantasy football season. Plenty of Lindsay haters in this thread that have been missing lmao

Just now, Guwop said:

Plenty of quotes I have queued up after this fantasy football season. Plenty of Lindsay haters in this thread that have been missing lmao

Go ahead and list them all so you can stop beating up this never ending strawman

11 minutes ago, The 7th Beatles said:

So find a spot for Lindsay long haul, got it. 

Roll em If ya got em, this kid is the hot hand in the dice game. 

giphy.gif

On 12/3/2018 at 1:33 PM, lolcopter said:

Go ahead and list them all so you can stop beating up this never ending strawman

Nope. Gonna wait until after the playoffs to avoid the jinx. But calling people out after the fact for jokes seems to be standard fare here. I'll keep posting as I please thank you

Edited by Guwop

Think the Broncos will restructure and extend his contract after this season? His signing bonus was only $15k.

2018 $495,000 age 24

2019 $570,000 age 25

2020 $660,000 age 26