Sign in to follow this  
ponza88

Jamaal Charles 2018 Outlook

You guys that are preaching how good Charles once was...

Then why has he been a free agent for this long? We're teams just taking a break from signing greatness? There is a reason he was a free agent for this long, it's not like Denver released him and he was signed the next day

People are taking him off waivers because of his "name"

Edited by joed2323
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, petekrum said:

If he can help you, your season is over. Doesn’t even exist in terms of fantasy.

This. The desperation is astounding 

Damn right Im desperate.  The Conner gravy train is coming to an end and I need a lotto ticket.   

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, joed2323 said:

You guys that are preaching how good Charles once was...

Then why has he been a free agent for this long? 

perhaps he was waiting for a contender to contact him?  why go back into the grind to toil for a horrendous team?  

that being said, yeah, he is a longshot to make any kinda magick foosball waves ... but stranger things have happened. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dmb3684 said:

Again. Whole career. I'm done talking about this.

But you said 4.3 is not very good. So for the vast majority of the all-time rushing leaders, their career ypc is not very good? And the vast majority didn't even reach 4.3 ypc in a single season for even half of their total seasons. So the majority of the majority's season ypcs weren't very good either? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Flyman75 said:

But you said 4.3 is not very good. So for the vast majority of the all-time rushing leaders, their career ypc is not very good? And the vast majority didn't even reach 4.3 ypc in a single season for even half of their total seasons. So the majority of the majority's season ypcs weren't very good either? 

JC is the leader with 5.4. Brown is at 5.0. Sanders 5.0. ADP 4.8. that is very good.

This thread is very desperate. It's not 2013. Move along now...

• Thanks 1

Ya know ya boy couldn’t miss the opportunity to have AP and JC on the squad together one last time.. LEGGO

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

With Fournette now out until week 10, I'm officially on board, let's see what the old man can do.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, kball09 said:

With Fournette now out until week 10, I'm officially on board, let's see what the old man can do.

it isn't official yet, he can still come back anytime between now and then.  the only thing for certain is he is out week 6.  the report is that it is possible they hold him out till week 10. 

the old man isn't going to be doing much with Yeldon out there.  he was brought on for depth, he is the the fire extinguisher that is in a glass case, " in case of emergency, break glass" 

16 hours ago, Panthor said:

it isn't official yet, he can still come back anytime between now and then.  the only thing for certain is he is out week 6.  the report is that it is possible they hold him out till week 10. 

the old man isn't going to be doing much with Yeldon out there.  he was brought on for depth, he is the the fire extinguisher that is in a glass case, " in case of emergency, break glass" 

I highly doubt it's some 90/10 split.  JC will get touches and Yeldon is not a world beater.  NFL is the easiest sport to leap frog in situations like this.  There's a non-zero percent change that JC goes out there and outperforms Yeldon.

I'm definitely not saying it's likely, but deep leagues I don't see the harm of seeing what happens the next couple weeks with him on my bench.

Edited by mmm sod

20 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

perhaps he was waiting for a contender to contact him?  why go back into the grind to toil for a horrendous team?  

that being said, yeah, he is a longshot to make any kinda magick foosball waves ... but stranger things have happened. 

Exactly,  he was contacted by other teams.

Charles said that he had been contacted by the New Orleans Saints and Washington Redskins previously, but chose Jacksonville.

"I feel like they have a contending team and I was happy when they called," Charles said. "I want to win a Super Bowl. That is why I kept my options open, because I did want to win. I want to win a Super Bowl and they have a good chance to do that, so I came here to contribute."

• Thanks 1

Some dude in my league spent 50% of his FAAB on Charles last night...we'll see

1 hour ago, ludawg23 said:

He'll likely regret it

On 10/10/2018 at 9:29 AM, Mixmasterjeff said:

Damn right Im desperate.  The Conner gravy train is coming to an end and I need a lotto ticket.   

I believe with this ticket you'll only match the Powerball number...at best you'll get your money back.

7 hours ago, mmm sod said:

I highly doubt it's some 90/10 split.  JC will get touches and Yeldon is not a world beater.  NFL is the easiest sport to leap frog in situations like this.  There's a non-zero percent change that JC goes out there and outperforms Yeldon.

I'm definitely not saying it's likely, but deep leagues I don't see the harm of seeing what happens the next couple weeks with him on my bench.

Yeldon may not have the name clout, but he has certainly performed up to the standards this year

Charles still has the name recognition and i'd love to see him regain some of his form from KC, but he is a shell of what he once was, and couldn't separate himself in a backfield last year that doesn't even exist anymore because they disbanded it's members,   DEN let Anderson walk and Booker has been displaced by not one but 2 rookies, including one that wasn't even drafted, so plenty of opportunity to separate himself last year in an under performing backfield but he didn't, but now he is expected carve a meaningful role in a backfield that is running on all cylinders?

I remember last season pretty vividly. I don’t remember Denver ever actually giving him a chance to run away with the job. He was always followed by Booker or Anderson 

Youve got a better chance of winning the lottery than Charles helping you.

On 10/11/2018 at 10:15 AM, ludawg23 said:

One of the reasons I laugh when people saying fantasy football is mostly luck.

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, petekrum said:

One of the reasons I laugh when people saying fantasy football is mostly luck.

Stranger things had happened, but this would be one for the wall of wows if JC takes over the job

The Conner gravy train is coming to an end    

Image result for dancing judge ito gifs

• Haha 3

On 10/10/2018 at 6:54 AM, dmb3684 said:

JC is the leader with 5.4. Brown is at 5.0. Sanders 5.0. ADP 4.8. that is very good.

No, that is "elite." 4.3 is "very good."

• Thanks 2

On 10/11/2018 at 3:09 AM, mmm sod said:

I'm imagining it being more of a 70/30 split. Yeldon is getting the bulk of the carries, but you'll see JC in there for a few series. 

As for Fournette's eventual return, Doug Marrone suggested he'll probably be 50/50 next week.

5 hours ago, Jags02 said:

I'm imagining it being more of a 70/30 split. Yeldon is getting the bulk of the carries, but you'll see JC in there for a few series. 

As for Fournette's eventual return, Doug Marrone suggested he'll probably be 50/50 next week.

Probably a few at best. You basically need fournette and Yeldon to be out the rest of the season for jc to have a chance at any value 

42 minutes ago, Guwop said:

Probably a few at best. You basically need fournette and Yeldon to be out the rest of the season for jc to have a chance at any value 

Fournette will be out next week. No worries there.