Sign in to follow this  
The 7th Beatles

Michael Kopech 2018 Outlook

18 minutes ago, NoHablaIngles said:

So excited to see him pitch tonight. He could realistically be the best pitcher in the MLB in a couple of years

The hype is really real itt 

I'll say 6 IP, 5 H, 2 R, 3 BB, 7 SO. The adrenaline will definitely get him to 100-102, probably in the first inning, but it will also lead to a few walks. I think he'll scuffle early, settle down, and have a solid debut. 

I'm on this +101. Berrios has been hot trash the last two times out. 

The G spot should be lit with 18k strong tonight. :D

54 minutes ago, The Gridiron Assassin said:

I'm on this +101. Berrios has been hot trash the last two times out. 

The G spot should be lit with 18k strong tonight. :D

I would be shocked if it was under 25-27k. That's what Moncada's debut got IIRC. This is their biggest game of the year that isn't Opening Day, against the Cubs or a potential Eloy callup. 

Edited by sleepysock

2 minutes ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

Taken out after 2 innings. So stupid. 

As a Kopech owner in a rebuilding situation in a dynasty league I disagree with this statement 100%. Those 2 innings were great!

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

Taken out after 2 innings. So stupid. 

He had already thrown over 50 pitches and it was an hour long rain delay + the Sox bottom inning at bat. No need to bring him out, Sox are focusing long term. It's very clear this kid has all the tools, laughable some people see him as a closer. He has a ++ fastball, a ++ curve and a + change. He's a beast.

• Like 2

The weather stopped him and he was pulled. 

2ip No walks 4ks. That is perhaps the best start he could’ve had. Both for confidence and to give the management some faith the bb’s are a thing of the past. If it is an inning limit, he can follow glasnow’s case and build progressively off each start

• Like 1

Looked like a legit ace. And he didn't even have his big fastball tonight (95-98 rather than 97-101). Had he thrown some more hooks on 2 strike counts instead of just pounding the zone with heat he very well may have had 6 ks in those 2 innings. 

1 minute ago, sleepysock said:

Looked like a legit ace. And he didn't even have his big fastball tonight (95-98 rather than 97-101). Had he thrown some more hooks on 2 strike counts instead of just pounding the zone with heat he very well may have had 6 ks in those 2 innings. 

Even still.  From Twitter

Most 95+ mph pitches in a single game in @MLB this year: 79 - @Braves' Mike Foltynewicz, 5/27#WhiteSox No. 2 prospect Michael Kopech threw 41 such pitches IN THE FIRST TWO INNINGS of his @MLB debut tonight before the rain

3 minutes ago, kwolf68 said:

Even still.  From Twitter

Most 95+ mph pitches in a single game in @MLB this year: 79 - @Braves' Mike Foltynewicz, 5/27#WhiteSox No. 2 prospect Michael Kopech threw 41 such pitches IN THE FIRST TWO INNINGS of his @MLB debut tonight before the rain

50 pitches through 2 IP will help!  Kidding aside, his control was awesome. Most important thing.

Was at the game tonight.  Fastball was as advertised 95 - 98 more 98's than 95's (Berrios was 92-94 touched 95 a couple times).  The slider and curveball both were nasty, The Twins had some really close takes on them for called balls.  Not 100% but I don't think there were many if any changeups.  

Too bad for the rain delay he was just starting to settle in.  The crowd had him a little over amped it seemed.  To Minnesota's credit though they put up some tough ABs and spoiled pitch after pitch with 2 strikes.

• Like 1

my tip of the day

ball spin & location is the key not how fast he can throw the ball

major league hitters hit straight fastballs wayyyyy far