ST. STEVEN

Tre'Quan Smith 2018 Outlook

13 minutes ago, sjm76 said:

Not starting Smith this week @ Baltimore vs. their defense but I'm holding onto him.  Wouldn't be surprised if Ginn is eventually placed on injured reserve because knee issues tend to linger.

Would be the ideal scenario to unlock his potential. 

7 minutes ago, pjbyrne707 said:

Next to MT, I can see Tre'Quan becoming WR2 at NO. He's talented, and the coaching staff are aware of this. Most of all. he's healthy.. the same can't be said for Meredith and Ginn. 

Don't be surprised if you see 7-8 targets from the Quan this weekend. Can't expect everything to go to MT/Kamara/Ingram all game..

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, pjbyrne707 said:

Agree.

I just don't understand NFL coaches sometimes.  I mean, here we have a kid that had a phenomenal pre-season, is 6-2, can fly and appears to be a playmaker.  Why on earth bother with a guy like Ginn who is 33 and on his last legs.  I get that he's a veteran and all but come on.

If you ask me, Smith and Thomas should be the guys on the outside with Meredith playing #3 duties and in the slot.  And Ginn should just be a veteran presence or epoth on the bench.  It just doesn't seem that hard to figure out to my eyes.  This offense is going to be even more explosive with Smith.

But I don't know.  I'd just have a very tough time keeping electric guys like this off the field....Especially when you have solid running game now that will drive defenses up and a WR like Thomas drawing lots of attention.....There's going to be nice chances for that second outside WR IMO.

• Like 1

You guys don't think that the emergence of Meredith and his integration into the offense, as well as Ginn coming back, is going to hinder Smith's potential...at least for this year?  Not sure but I think I'd rather take a flier on Meredith being the WR2 in this offense going forward.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, tts42572 said:

Agree.

I just don't understand NFL coaches sometimes.  I mean, here we have a kid that had a phenomenal pre-season, is 6-2, can fly and appears to be a playmaker.  Why on earth bother with a guy like Ginn who is 33 and on his last legs.  I get that he's a veteran and all but come on.

If you ask me, Smith and Thomas should be the guys on the outside with Meredith playing #3 duties and in the slot.  And Ginn should just be a veteran presence or epoth on the bench.  It just doesn't seem that hard to figure out to my eyes.  This offense is going to be even more explosive with Smith.

But I don't know.  I'd just have a very tough time keeping electric guys like this off the field....Especially when you have solid running game now that will drive defenses up and a WR like Thomas drawing lots of attention.....There's going to be nice chances for that second outside WR IMO.

Hey now, this is Fantasy Football. Logic isn't allowed here. 

8 minutes ago, KRB80 said:

You guys don't think that the emergence of Meredith and his integration into the offense, as well as Ginn coming back, is going to hinder Smith's potential...at least for this year?  Not sure but I think I'd rather take a flier on Meredith being the WR2 in this offense going forward.

I may be wrong but just looking at snap counts and the game last week, it looks to me like Smith is playing Ginn's spot in the offense.  I think Meredith is purely playing the slot.  Last game Smith played nearly 70% of the snaps while Meredith has stayed at 30-40%.

I think Ginn is probably the guy with the biggest impact on Smith's value.  And Ginn is an oft-injured 33 year old WR with no future in the NFL.

Edited by tts42572
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tts42572 said:

Agree.

Ginn has played well for them.  I know as fantasy football players when we hear the name “Ted Ginn” it’s like nails on a chalkboard, but he seemed to have left his early career struggles behind a bit since he joined the Saints.

Now that being said, I’m a Tre’Quan owner, and I completely understand the potential here, but the kid has really only made a couple of plays in his whole NFL career (the first TD was a busted coverage).  To call Peyton wrong for not completely dismissing Ginn for an unproven rookie is being biased.  

I think Smith will get another chance to prove himself this week though, and if he does I think Peyton will continue to allow his role to grow.

• Thanks 1

Hmmm.. makes you think. Has Ted Ginn already lost his role as the WR2 in this offense? Special teams coach talking him up- even though hes seen limited action this year as a return man. Sometimes you have to read in between the lines.

3 hours ago, oresteszero said:

Don't be surprised if you see 7-8 targets from the Quan this weekend. Can't expect everything to go to MT/Kamara/Ingram all game..

I'd feel great about starting him vs Ravens but they are particularly good at preventing the long pass

I think I'm going to cut bait on DT for Quan. I've had an eye out for him the past few weeks and I think he is going to start taking over the #2 spot starting this week!

2 minutes ago, remark900 said:

I think I'm going to cut bait on DT for Quan. I've had an eye out for him the past few weeks and I think he is going to start taking over the #2 spot starting this week!

I wouldn’t do that...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, remark900 said:

8 minutes ago, TwoCan Sam said:

I wouldn’t do that...

Agreed. Unless it's a dynasty league. But I'd just trade DT personally.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, TwoCan Sam said:

I wouldn’t do that...

We are trying to convince that guy in the DT thread to also not do that move lol

Tre's arrow pointing up but need to see his usage after bye. 

• Like 2

just took a big risk and dropped keke for him. there are other good receivers on my wire if he dont work out. i just like the offensive situation and guaranteed fire power vs texans offenseive opportunity and his skills the best here. 

18 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

In the Cam Meredith thread?

Sorry... couldn’t resist. ?

Meredith is a bum. Tre is where it's at. 

9 minutes ago, jah8891 said:

just took a big risk and dropped keke for him. there are other good receivers on my wire if he dont work out. i just like the offensive situation and guaranteed fire power vs texans offenseive opportunity and his skills the best here. 

Thanks for the story - man what a huge risk. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

2 hours ago, TwoCan Sam said:

I wouldn’t do that...

2 hours ago, FantaC! said:

Agreed. Unless it's a dynasty league. But I'd just trade DT personally.

2 hours ago, Zak0221 said:

We are trying to convince that guy in the DT thread to also not do that move lol

Tre's arrow pointing up but need to see his usage after bye. 

Ginn to IR...Quan is a MUST ADD now

• Like 1