ST. STEVEN

Tre'Quan Smith 2018 Outlook

If he's your 4th or 5th WR, he has tremendous upside. Don't expect anything crazy. His last game before the bye will likely be his best game of the season.

He does have ridiculous talent.

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, lilremix328 said:

Must add??? Run don't walk??? 

Sprint!  Knock your grandma over on the way, if needed!  

Edited by gbill2004
  • Like 5

Just now, FitzMagic said:

Definitely people with roster spots to blow, that's for sure. With the slim pickings out there, at this point in the season, I can understand the desperation though.

If Ginn is out, that puts Smith as WR2. I believe Meredith runs out of the slot. Ginn was usually pretty valuable last year having some big games so I can also see the possibility of Smith blowing up as the number two WR on a great passing team.  They play indoors and have a nice schedule.  I’m a risk taker so I might drop one of my Godwin/Goodwin to consider him as my flex. I know dropping Godwin or Goodwin sounds crazy but I do love the thought of having a toy Drew Brees likes and I did watch that game where he scored two tds. Very impressive. My Godwin for example does not have one game where he caught over 72 yards, thus he is td dependent to score 14 points. Meanwhile, Smith in one game scores over 20...so I can see the possibility for big games down the stretch.  And maybe I can use one of my top WRs to trade to shore up RB. Maybe...

Just now, gbill2004 said:

This us huge.  Tre'Quan is a fantasy WR2 in this situation, assuming he takes Ginn's spot  

Wow....no fooling around with your evaluation.  I believe you are the first to go WR2 which puts him in pretty elite company. Heck, my number two is Odell.  

FML dropped him in waivers to pick Jalen Richard after the Lynch news. Now question is who is more valuable ros him or Callaway 

Just now, CanaBuc said:

FML dropped him in waivers to pick Jalen Richard after the Lynch news. Now question is who is more valuable ros him or Callaway 

Lol...Callaway is a bum

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TennisMenace said:

Wow....no fooling around with your evaluation.  I believe you are the first to go WR2 which puts him in pretty elite company. Heck, my number two is Odell.  

In the Saints offence...yep.  

3 minutes ago, gbill2004 said:

This us huge.  Tre'Quan is a fantasy WR2 in this situation, assuming he takes Ginn's spot  

Smith/Meredith both rosterable.

3 minutes ago, CanaBuc said:

I just dropped Jalen Richard for Tre'quan right now.

Edited by Mikeyvegas
  • Like 1

Just now, mjb said:

Smith/Meredith both rosterable.

I think Meredith already was, but as a WR4.  I see Smith taking Ginn's spot, making him a WR2 because his talent is much superior to Ginn.  Smith can really play anywhere on the field.  

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, TennisMenace said:

If Ginn is out, that puts Smith as WR2. I believe Meredith runs out of the slot. Ginn was usually pretty valuable last year having some big games so I can also see the possibility of Smith blowing up as the number two WR on a great passing team.  They play indoors and have a nice schedule.  I’m a risk taker so I might drop one of my Godwin/Goodwin to consider him as my flex. I know dropping Godwin or Goodwin sounds crazy but I do love the thought of having a toy Drew Brees likes and I did watch that game where he scored two tds. Very impressive. My Godwin for example does not have one game where he caught over 72 yards, thus he is td dependent to score 14 points. Meanwhile, Smith in one game scores over 20...so I can see the possibility for big games down the stretch.  And maybe I can use one of my top WRs to trade to shore up RB. Maybe...

Yeah, but the scary part is when a guy like Michael Thomas can score less than 10 points in PPR in back to back weeks. That's the real concern. When the top guy doesn't eat in back to back games that's concerning. It is totally different from the situation a Ridley and Godwin are in. You can even add Boyd in there. With Tampa Bay it is even concerning because they have no running game but still Mike Evans goes back to back duds. That may have something to do with the QB carousel right now though more than what's going on in New Orleans. Plus the Saints have two stud RBs. Are those targets automatically going to go to Smith? That's up in the air. With Ridley there is still worry about Sanu when he plays. I think Meredith is still more of a concern than people want to admit here.

Edited by FitzMagic

5 minutes ago, TennisMenace said:

He's talking WR2 on the Saints, not overall lol.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, sjm76 said:

Good news about Ginn but I'd don't know whether I'd start Smith vs. Baltimore, though.

u probably have better options based on matchup and the risk of starting rookie wr in his 2nd start

28 minutes ago, konstao said:

Do u guys rate him in what range ?

His value is superior than guys like Kearse and Keke ?

kearse yes keke no IMO

27 minutes ago, TennisMenace said:

I don’t know much about him, but can someone please tell me what makes him so special?  I would have to cut a WR to get him (Godwin, Goodwin) so that concerns me. So why would you rate Smith higher than guys like that? 

no, not yet

1 minute ago, oresteszero said:

He's talking WR2 on the Saints, not overall lol.

Definitely not WR2 overall, but he is a fantasy WR2 now, like top 24 WR's.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cotton Jones said:

u probably have better options based on matchup and the risk of starting rookie wr in his 2nd start

kearse yes keke no IMO

Are you talking ppr or standard here?