ST. STEVEN

Tre'Quan Smith 2018 Outlook

Just now, theSPANKER said:

Honestly I like Meredith better because he plays out of the slot and should be more consistent.   

There are a lot of mouths to feed in NO and only one spoon to do it.  

Thomas plays a lot of slot. 

Just now, gbill2004 said:

Thomas plays a lot of slot. 

Thomas plays on the outside and occasionally plays in the slot from what I've seen bro. 

4 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

The way they can run the ball I don't see a lot of targets. That offense can be really explosive which means fewer plays on drive. I'd imagine with Ingram back they would like to slow the game down. The New Orleans defense is not that great. You saw what they did last game to slow it down. They got all over Washington then pounded the rock. Brees threw 29 times and they ran 32.

you're right their defense is bad

that's why the idea that they are going to run it more makes no sense

i would avoid using the skins and alex smith bringing the worst MNF qb performance in history as being any sort of predictor for the season moving foward

last year they ran a ton and their defense was also above average, lattimore was amazing for one. this year brees is already throwing a lot more

• Like 1

1 minute ago, oresteszero said:

Does this even make Meredith rosterable? I mean apart from MT, who's the most sought after WR? 

Like I said a lot of mouths to feed on this team.  But yes Meredith is rosterable due to his role on the team.   

1 minute ago, Cotton Jones said:

you're right their defense is bad

that's why the idea that they are going to run it more makes no sense

i would avoid using the skins and alex smith bringing the worst MNF qb performance in history as being any sort of predictor for the season moving foward

last year they ran a ton and their defense was also above average, lattimore was amazing for one. this year brees is already throwing a lot more

You wouldn't want to keep the opposing offense off the field? Not sure how it doesn't make sense. With a team like New Orleans the goal is to get up really early, then slow the game down. This means eat clock. Not sure why that doesn't make sense.

6 minutes ago, theSPANKER said:

Honestly I like Meredith better because he plays out of the slot and should be more consistent.   

There are a lot of mouths to feed in NO and only one spoon to do it.  

Meredith should see more targets season long, but Smith more deep threat ala Ginn.

12 minutes ago, theSPANKER said:

What do u mean iffy on expectations to start?

Difficult matchup is all

i went and grabbed him but probably not starting here

RoS outlook should be good

• Like 1

Just now, FitzMagic said:

You wouldn't want to keep the opposing offense off the field? Not sure how it doesn't make sense. With a team like New Orleans the goal is to get up really early, then slow the game down. This means eat clock. Not sure why that doesn't make sense.

BAD DEFENSE though..

7 minutes ago, theSPANKER said:

Thomas plays on the outside and occasionally plays in the slot from what I've seen bro. 

Agreed. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, PackerBacker555 said:

Difficult matchup is all

i went and grabbed him but probably not starting here

RoS outlook should be good

Vikings then rams next 2 weeks....chooo chooo

6 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

so the saints are going to run more when they have a big lead?

you mean exactly what all other teams in the nfl do?

yeah great point man

their defense is bad enough to keep the other team in the game

that;s why saying their defense is bad is going to mean the saints run more

is the opposite of making sense

Edited by Cotton Jones
  • Like 1

I saw the  Ginn notification from the sleeper app and immediately ran to the waivers lol Gonna sit on my bench until I see how he's used.

Long shot, but I'd rather get to him first than be mad he does well on a opponent's team because I hesitated. If you have the bench room, no harm in rostering.

• Like 1

Part of Thomas’s issue is teams are really rolling a lot of coverage his way after he was lambasting teams the first several weeks

Quan will be facing the scrub corners of most teams

• Like 1

I can’t think of a better end of bench lotto ticket than this guy. Sure there is a chance he doesn’t give much ROS but I’ve seen it happen enough where a late season bench stash blows up and wins leagues. OBJ, kamara, even juju last season. 

The NO offense is insane and I want the chance to get in on it this week for free! 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cotton Jones said:

so the saints are going to run more when they have a big lead?

you mean exactly what all other teams in the nfl do?

yeah great point man

their defense is bad enough to keep the other team in the game

that;s why saying their defense is bad is going to mean the saints run more

is the opposite of making sense

Why do you think the Steelers and Bucs have problems? What about the Falcons? They all score points. When you can't or fail to utilize the run game you will get into shootouts. If that doesn't make sense to you, then oh well. Brilliant points you made there, brilliant!

Edited by FitzMagic

Rotoworld hype train going into overdrive per usual.

Be careful and tread carefully, friends.

• Haha 1

Look at his playoff schedule though...

TB

CAR

PIT

Also after week 9.. that's when the real juicy matchups begin

Good luck figuring out who to drop for him, there are a lot of potential upside stashes on benches now

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Deadpool said:

Rotoworld hype train going into overdrive per usual.

Be careful and tread carefully, friends.

When the new iphone comes out there inevitably is a youtube video of someone shooting it with a 50 cal or breaking it infront of someone to cause an uproar.  Where is the person in this forum dropping  someone like OBJ for him and posting the video? 

If Meredith was going to eat out of the slot wouldn't he have done it by now? Ginn wasn't clogging up the slot....

• Like 1

I see no harm in being hyped for a potential ticket that you may be able to cash in on. I wouldn't go as far to claim he's a league winner because there are a few unknowns. But you gotta find some excitement in this soul draining fantasy football somewhere :D Bless anyone who starts him this week though lol

Edited by Wynter12
  • Like 1