ST. STEVEN

Tre'Quan Smith 2018 Outlook

"Good luck figuring out who to drop for him, there are a lot of potential upside stashes on benches now"

debating of dropping Coutee and Godwin for me =(

Edited by Poohdini
quote didn't work.

3 minutes ago, gbill2004 said:

Let's look at them both talent wise;

Meredith = JAG

Smith = talent is through the roof 

You decide. 

Correction- Meredith = fragile injury prone JAG

Edited by kencav

Just now, Panthor said:

its your last bench spot, isn't it better  to have him on your team if you're wrong, than have to fight to get him on waivers?

Of course, I've never debated that. When someone debates dropping Ridley or Allison for this guy, that's when I have a big problem with it. That's when it just gets ridiculous. If you are acting in a sane manner and dropping someone who is clearly inferior then that's great. Scrambling to make room for this guy though is nuts.

This is not just a WR getting a shot at it with an apportunity.  There were Saints homers talking him up during the preseason.  And add in a high octane offense and you got yourself a Will Fuller/Djax in their prime.

Just now, dafreaks said:

How you doin....

Very happy. Own him in dynasty and just added him in my redraft. :P

1 minute ago, The G Man said:

I'd have to cut Larry Fitz for him. Having a hard time clicking submit. 

Just now, Zangief80 said:

Should be fairly easy

Very easy

1 minute ago, The G Man said:

Better do it before one of your league mates gets him! 

I hate giving up on cooper before knowing if he is getting traded. 've never heard of this guy before last week so I have no idea whats realistic for him

6 minutes ago, The G Man said:

Wait until after the game tonight. That will make your decision a lot easier. I guarantee you that nobody is running right now to claim this dude unless you have some of the guys here in your league. Hopefully Fitz is on your bench and then you just cut him if the results aren't good and add Smith. Fitz has already been added and dropped twice over the past couple of weeks in my league.

Edited by FitzMagic

Just now, spidybl said:

I hate giving up on cooper before knowing if he is getting traded. 've never heard of this guy before last week so I have no idea whats realistic for him

You haven't been paying attention then. We've been discussing this guy for months. He's legit. 

3 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

Of course, I've never debated that. When someone debates dropping Ridley or Allison for this guy, that's when I have a big problem with it. That's when it just gets ridiculous. If you are acting in a sane manner and dropping someone who is clearly inferior then that's great. Scrambling to make room for this guy though is nuts.

for guys like Allison and Ridley i'd agree because they have similar upsides. but if we are talking about mediocore guys that are a dime a dozen and easily replaced with someone else on the wire, i'd drop those guys even with no issue.

11 minutes ago, gbill2004 said:

Let's look at them both talent wise;

Meredith = JAG

Smith = talent is through the roof 

You decide. 

The hyperbole you use to describe players is funny. Meredith is very talented. It's almost like you have an agenda...

Edited by Deadpool
  • Haha 1

What kind of players are you guys dropping for him? Is he worth a roster spot over guys like Goodwin, Allison, Watkins? Peyton Barber?

Just now, Deadpool said:

The hyperbole you use to describe players is funny. Meredith is very talented.

It's all relative I guess. Yes Meredith is talented enough to play in the NFL.  But of all NFL receivers, he's pretty mediocre. 

1 minute ago, FitzMagic said:

Wait until after the game tonight. That will make your decision a lot easier. I guarantee you that nobody is running right now to claim this dude unless you have some of the guys here in your league. Hopefully Fitz is on your bench and then you just cut him if the results aren't good and add Smith. Fitz has already been added and dropped twice over the past couple of weeks.

That's kinda where my head's at, but it's a rookie keeper league. A little surprised he hasn't been plucked off the wire already truth be told. 

Of course, if I cut Fitzy, you watch...he'll finally go off tonight and be back to WR 1 the rest of the way!!!

4 minutes ago, spidybl said:

Cooper is a bum. You should have no problem dropping that potato. I dropped him a few days ago. He was just taking up space.

3 minutes ago, RoseLin23 said:

What kind of players are you guys dropping for him? Is he worth a roster spot over guys like Goodwin, Allison, Watkins? Peyton Barber?

Peyton Barber, yes. The rest of those guys, no. Sammy is on the fringe though.

by FRANKIE SOLER - ROTOBALLER 10/18/18 6:18 PM

BALLER MOVE: Add in 12-Team Leagues

OWNED IN: 9% of Leagues

UPDATE: Ted Ginn has been place on injured reserve on Thursday 10/18. Ginn could return later this season, but he'll have to miss at least eight weeks. He can be safely left to the waiver wire now. In his absence, this creates much larger roles for rookie Tre'Quan Smith (two touchdowns in Week 5) and Cameron Meredith. Smith has more upside but could also be more boom/bust. The New Orleans offense can support them both, although they both face a tough matchup in Baltimore in Week 7. They will both be in the flex picture moving forward.

ANALYSIS: There are a few small reasons why New Orleans Saints wide receiver Tre'Quan Smith already warranted a look as opposed to other available Saints pass-catchers. For starters, he had the most recent big game amongst the bunch with a 111-yard outing in Week 5 against the Redskins. It certainly helps that the bulk of his production came on that one big scoring play that saw Drew Brees break the passing record.

The Saints also have Cameron Meredith and two tight ends that may eat into each other in Benjamin Watson and Josh Hill. There's room for the Saints to establish another big play contributor, even if it's a very boom-or-bust option. Owners looking to swing for a home-run or nada should scoop up Tre'Quan. He should be added in most leagues, especially if you are looking for more WR depth or are facing bye-week crunches.

4 minutes ago, RoseLin23 said:

Idk if I'd drop any of those guys outside of barber if you're good at RB. I dropped Cherster Roger's fwiw

1 minute ago, FitzMagic said:

Cooper is a bum. You should have no problem dropping that potato. I dropped him a few days ago. He was just taking up space.

Cool story coming, I was offered Cooper for Michel earlier today. ?

I almost fell over laughing.

• Haha 1