ST. STEVEN

Tre'Quan Smith 2018 Outlook

3 minutes ago, RoseLin23 said:

What kind of players are you guys dropping for him? Is he worth a roster spot over guys like Goodwin, Allison, Watkins? Peyton Barber?

I think goodwin and watkins offer the same type of boom/bust type of out put.  TreQuan seems like he would give the better floor though. Allison probably has the best floor of all of them but the lowest ceiling.

I'm debating Watkins right now.  Reading this thread is not helping Wakins. lol.

Dropped Mike Williams for him. Easiest decision ever.

Edited by MJJ28

1 hour ago, TennisMenace said:

Lol...Callaway is a bum

A bum regarded as first round talent. He has made rookie mistakes but is getting targets and when it clicks he could be huge. He has great schedule too.

• Like 1

I won't comment on the potential here, but I have to wonder about upside this year if his big hurdle was Ted Ginn. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, The G Man said:

That's kinda where my head's at, but it's a rookie keeper league. A little surprised he hasn't been plucked off the wire already truth be told. 

Of course, if I cut Fitzy, you watch...he'll finally go off tonight and be back to WR 1 the rest of the way!!!

Don't know what your team looks like, but if you can afford to let him go then do it. I don't really consider Fitz a huge loss at this point. Since it is a rookie keeper that does change things a bit. He's also really trending on Yahoo right now and has passed Snead who was up by a lot before the news.

1 minute ago, LongBalls said:

I won't comment on the potential here, but I have to wonder about upside this year if his big hurdle was Ted Ginn. 

The big hurdle was the coaching staff and being a rookie...They got over that though real quick after last week...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FitzMagic said:

Don't know what your team looks like, but if you can afford to let him go then do it. I don't really consider Fitz a huge loss at this point. Since it is a rookie keeper that does change things a bit. He's also really trending on Yahoo right now and has passed Snead who was up by a lot before the news.

Fitz has been more name than performance this year, i'd be inclined to drop Fitz for the gamble upside if the WR corps is already solid

1 minute ago, LongBalls said:

WR need time to learn an offense and earn the QBs trust.  It's part of the reason you see rookies have a so so rookie year and a great second year or end of first year.

He was already trending up.

7 minutes ago, sweeknee said:

I had to make a move. I've been looking for a WR with upside past couple weeks. Dropped Big Benny for him

He's the 3rd rated QB in points this year so who in the heck are you starting?

3 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

I did it. Screw it. Sometimes you gotta swing for the fences. Clicked submit at 7:11. 7:11, get it? Always open? Hopefully that brings some good karma to the Tre'Quan Smith Team. :D

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, kball09 said:

If Meredith was going to eat out of the slot wouldn't he have done it by now? Ginn wasn't clogging up the slot....

Meredith didn't really play preseAson as still recovering from his knee surgery. They eased him in slowly. Again st washing to. He had 5 catches. Think he might be the sleeper ay here.

Someone above said wr2 did well using Snead and Colston as examples. They were both used in the slot. 

Still was the deep guy and was very boom or bust. Expect the same from Smith. He will get you 4 for 100 and a TD or 3 for 27. 

Shark move in ppr is Meredith who should get 5 for 60 with a shot at a TD

yeah gotta trade big ben if you don't need him, not drop him

2 minutes ago, The G Man said:

I did it. Screw it. Sometimes you gotta swing for the fences. Clicked submit at 7:11. 7:11, get it? Always open? Hopefully that brings some good karma to the Tre'Quan Smith Team. :D

So who's your starting QB now after you dropped Big Ben?

Edited by gbill2004

Made the deep-league speculative add (16T) before his 100/2TD game when I heard Ginn was out, and was forced to start him as WR3 this week....

Needless to say, feeling much better about things. Exciting. 

2 minutes ago, Heizz said:

Dropped Kenny Stills for him.

Why did that feel hard? Ha.

Thinking about doing the very same thing.  

I take it Smith is a burner like Ginn.  The first person I thought would benefit from Ginn's injury was Meredith.   Will an emerging Meredith garner some of TSmith's possible targets?

Saint's wideouts historically can be pretty iffy once get past the WR1.   I don't remember many weekly WR2s emerging when Colston was there.  Ginn wasn't consistent this year, and was boom or bust last year.

Just now, gbill2004 said:

So who's your starting QBnkw after you dropped Big Ben?

Think you have me confused with sweeknee. I'm the one who dropped Larry Fitz. ;)

On 9/4/2018 at 11:22 PM, The Gridiron Assassin said:

This kid will burst on the scene by week 6. 

Sean Payton loves his new toys and all he has to do is beat out old balls Ginn or Meredith who is coming off a major injury. 

A physical specimen, one of my calls is that this kid will be the WR a la Kamara emergence in 2017 only on more of a delay. 

Ballers ball and this kid is a hard stash. 

Week 6 - nailed it!

What's your take today, Mr The Gridiron?

• Like 1

I know. Just didn't feel comfortable dropping DT cause my WR core is pretty thin at the moment. Ben is on a bye and his match ups post bye aren't great. I'm streaming Flacco this week and he's got some solid match ups ROS.

8 minutes ago, dafreaks said:

The big hurdle was the coaching staff and being a rookie...They got over that though real quick after last week...

I was just commenting on the reaction to Ginn on IR. If this guy is so good shouldn't he have already been rostered? Doesn't seem like Ginn should make a difference. 

11 minutes ago, CanaBuc said:

A bum regarded as first round talent. He has made rookie mistakes but is getting targets and when it clicks he could be huge. He has great schedule too.

I agree and a couple times last week the ball was so high he couldn’t even get a finger on it. 

Just now, sweeknee said:

I know. Just didn't feel comfortable dropping DT cause my WR core is pretty thin at the moment. Ben is on a bye and his match ups post bye aren't great. I'm streaming Flacco this week and he's got some solid match ups ROS.

You dropped Big Ben instead of Flacco?  WTF?? 

• Haha 3