ST. STEVEN

Tre'Quan Smith 2018 Outlook

18 minutes ago, Heizz said:

Smith owners, if Dez signs - are we dropping and picking up Dez?. 

He's a clear drop (possible hold in 14-teamers if Dez doesn't sign).  For me, Dez is not an add regardless.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Heizz said:

Smith owners, if Dez signs - are we dropping and picking up Dez?. 

Im probably dropping Smith regardless. Much rather have someone like an Enunwa or Kirk as my WR4. There's just not enough volume for Smith in this offense.

Dez has no value to me.

Edited by Evincar
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Evincar said:

Im probably dropping Smith regardless. Much rather have someone like an Enunwa or Kirk as my WR4. There's just not enough volume for Smith in this offense.

Dez has no value to me.

Also feel I can pickup a Smith type WR "semi easily weekly"  - now time to stash an extra DST if <3 losses or more RB lotto tickets.  To each their own.  I was on this hype train and was fun...

NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reports the Saints and free agent Dez Bryant are "in negotiations" on a contract.

Per Pelissero, "all signs are pointing that way" regarding the two sides reaching an agreement, even though Bryant left New Orleans already. Brandon Marshall and Kamar Aiken also worked out for the Saints, but neither is expected to get the job. Bryant would simply be a member of the supporting cast for Drew Brees. If signed, he would be hard to trust as anything more than a WR3.
Related: Saints

:(
  • Sad 1

ehh im holding him on my bench.  Emergency receiver.  Might never play him buy yeah he's nothing more than a WR4/WR5 right now.

All of promising receivers have been scooped anyways - MVS, etc

Edited by JetsAwesome
  • Like 1

I'm assuming that Dez might end up playing the slot....is this way off base?  Potentially opening up the deep threat to TS.

Tre'quan's biggest issue right now is that there just isn't enough threats lined up to free him up. 

Bright future for this kid but I had to move on. Dart throw kinda guy right now. Dropped for MVS. Feel good about it.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, jtbgator said:

Bright future for this kid but I had to move on. Dart throw kinda guy right now. Dropped for MVS. Feel good about it.

Thats a great move. I had a claim in for MVS and dropping Smith but someone else got him. Honestly, I can see MVS being the WR2 of GB by the end of the year. Bright future for this guy!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, oresteszero said:

Thats a great move. I had a claim in for MVS and dropping Smith but someone else got him. Honestly, I can see MVS being the WR2 of GB by the end of the year. Bright future for this guy!

Agree! Tempted to start MVS this week. I’ll shoot you a PM later. My WRs are so deep. Blessing and a curse at the same time. Seems I play the wrong ones every week lol.

11 minutes ago, jtbgator said:

Agree! Tempted to start MVS this week. I’ll shoot you a PM later. My WRs are so deep. Blessing and a curse at the same time. Seems I play the wrong ones every week lol.

Could help in a potential trade. That's what I'm going for with my wrs now

8 minutes ago, Guwop said:

Could help in a potential trade. That's what I'm going for with my wrs now

I’ve tried but no luck in my league 

Who would you drop this guy for? I am struggling and since they play the Bengals, oh so juicy, it might be worth to hold on....I know I said to drop him earlier this week, but it's definitely if there's a better player out there. In my league there's a struggle for that. 

The ROS schedule is just too good to pass up. I don't blame those who are in a crunch and need someone more reliable, but for those who can, I suggest holding (unless you can get someone like MVS or Sutton off waivers)

If the Quan can get 3-4 more target a game, I think he could be very valuable in fantasy.

• Like 3

Just now, oresteszero said:

The ROS schedule is just too good to pass up. I don't blame those who are in a crunch and need someone more reliable, but for those who can, I suggest holding (unless you can get someone like MVS or Sutton off waivers)

If the Quan can get 3-4 more target a game, I think he could be very valuable in fantasy.

Hi!

- Sutton and MVS owner (off waivers) :D

Risky boom bust ROS. If you're cool with that then cool. I just don't get all the people saying hold on. If you don't trust him to start right now, then when will you? He just had a great match up with great game script with Brees throwing a million times without Dez there and did nothing. What changes from now until the end of the season that will convince you to start him? 

1 hour ago, CharlieWhitehurst said:

No possibility of Dez being opposite of Thomas and using Smith in the slot?

Early in camp/pre-season they were experimenting with 3Q in the slot, but Payton thought they might be overwhelming him a bit with having to learn all the WR spots in this offense. They then shifted him basically to the run the routes Ginn did--he was his direct backup. I think the likely Dez signing is because Carr and Cam have been basically zeros outta the slot and they think Dez might still be able to win their (mostly lesser and smaller CB's in the slot and Dez has always been able to make the tight/contested catches). They also need help in the RZ. 3Q will still be on the field a ton and when they go 2 WR personnel, but volume will be impossible to bank on.

• Thanks 1