ST. STEVEN

Tre'Quan Smith 2018 Outlook

1 minute ago, Born Sinner said:

Defense will be fine. I’m not too worried about a week 1 divisional game.

Giving up nearly 50 to Fitzpatrick is definitely a cause for concern lol 

8 minutes ago, 77georgec said:

Promoted to starter. What are we feelin’?

Source? He's still listed on the 2nd team offense.

3 minutes ago, 77georgec said:

Read he was promoted to starter on the rotoworld app?

Here's the full blurb:

Tre'Quan Smith played 24-of-66 snaps (36 percent) of snaps Week 2 against the Browns.
Smith started, but caught his only target for 18 yards. Despite the low target share, it's an encouraging sign Smith started over Austin Carr. A college producer, Smith crushed the preseason and should see his role grow as the year progresses. Smith has blowup upside if there's an injury to one of the Saints' top wideouts. Sep 19 - 4:20 PM

Starting has little to do with anything at this point. He's getting better at practice and now Payton is saying he needs to get a chance to make plays. It's encouraging but Smith is still just a high upside stash in deeper formats. Carr is the one who's snaps will reduce--their current slot. It's gonna take a Ginn injury for any consistent production.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Starting has little to do with anything at this point. He's getting better at practice and now Payton is saying he needs to get a chance to make plays. It's encouraging but Smith is still just a high upside stash in deeper formats. Carr is the one who's snaps will reduce--their current slot. It's gonna take a Ginn injury for any consistent production.

do you have a link where payton says this? 

6 minutes ago, gbill2004 said:

He's just speculating. 

No I read it from the beat guys on twitter...it has it's own blurb now

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, gbill2004 said:

He's just speculating. 

15 minutes ago, pjbyrne707 said:

do you have a link where payton says this? 

The poster is not speculating. 

“(Smith is) playing well and what I mean by that, practicing well, training camp – we’ve got to find ways to get him more touches,” Payton said Wednesday morning. “He’s handling our installation, he knows what we’re doing gameplan-wise and I think he’s ready to prove that.

“A lot of that just comes by, A, design (and) B, opportunities where the coverage or the play design puts the ball toward him. That’s one of the things that we’ve got to keep building on.”

https://www.neworleanssaints.com/news/production-expected-to-increase-for-tre-quan-smith-new-orleans-saints-receivers

Just googled "Sean Payton Tre'Quan Smith"

• Like 2

I don't think this hype train could be better if his name was equinameous. 3:10 to Yuma right here

Edited by pushaZ

19 minutes ago, StevieStats said:

The poster is not speculating. 

“(Smith is) playing well and what I mean by that, practicing well, training camp – we’ve got to find ways to get him more touches,” Payton said Wednesday morning. “He’s handling our installation, he knows what we’re doing gameplan-wise and I think he’s ready to prove that.

“A lot of that just comes by, A, design (and) B, opportunities where the coverage or the play design puts the ball toward him. That’s one of the things that we’ve got to keep building on.”

https://www.neworleanssaints.com/news/production-expected-to-increase-for-tre-quan-smith-new-orleans-saints-receivers

Just googled "Sean Payton Tre'Quan Smith"

That's different from what that poster said. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, gbill2004 said:

Lol What? It's exactly what the poster said, come on man...

Poster: "He's getting better at practice and now Payton is saying he needs to get a chance to make plays."

Payton: "“(Smith is) playing well and what I mean by that, practicing well .... we’ve got to find ways to get him more touches,”

“A lot of that just comes by, A, design (and) B, opportunities where the coverage or the play design puts the ball toward him...”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Brees is 28/30 when targeting Thomas. 

That type of pitch and catch should cool off. Also, Brees tried to hit Ginn on a bomb last week and it was cringeworthy underthrown. 

Still waiting for that 5-7 target game before I add him. 

31 minutes ago, Tenner said:

Brees is 28/30 when targeting Thomas. 

That type of pitch and catch should cool off. Also, Brees tried to hit Ginn on a bomb last week and it was cringeworthy underthrown. 

Still waiting for that 5-7 target game before I add him. 

^someone who will not own TreQuan this year

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, gbill2004 said:

Umm...no. It's not. That's exactly what he said. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, 77georgec said:

Promoted to starter. What are we feelin’?

I think this is the comment people are curious about. Where have you seen this?

Sure, Payton has said he needs the ball more, but I didn't see anything about Smith starting. I know 'starting' is a pretty general term and it's more about how much he is on the field.

28 minutes ago, vmo1059 said:

I think this is the comment people are curious about. Where have you seen this?

Sure, Payton has said he needs the ball more, but I didn't see anything about Smith starting. I know 'starting' is a pretty general term and it's more about how much he is on the field.

When I read that blurb I took it as he'll be starting in 3 WR sets.

3 minutes ago, FantasyGeek2018 said:

Now up to 3rd string

Meredith had more catches than Smith last week but Smith still outsnapped him.  Him and Meredith are wr2a and wr2b while Ginn is out.  I added Smith in my league because I like him to produce better than Meredith.

Smith is the direct backup to Ginn, meaning he will inherit many of the go routes and deep stuff. Meredith has the slot role now over Carr.