ST. STEVEN

Tre'Quan Smith 2018 Outlook

1 minute ago, Panthor said:

not a rookie with that kind of snap count on a team with little WR options.  one thing to put up bad numbers, another thing to be told to run around for most of the game and not even be thrown to once, especially when everyone else is feasting including those who are  supposedly behind you in the pecking order

Making some assumptions about his place in the pecking order. 

1 minute ago, devaster said:

Making some assumptions about his place in the pecking order. 

not really the depth chart has him as the WR2 does it not?

11 minutes ago, Panthor said:

not a rookie with that kind of snap count on a team with little WR options.  one thing to put up bad numbers, another thing to be told to run around for most of the game and not even be thrown to once, especially when everyone else is feasting including those who are  supposedly behind you in the pecking order

Exactly - it's rare to see a snap count that high as a WR2 on a high octane offense and not receive one target. 

I can't believe there's people here acting like this is business as usual and a totally normal situation.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I like how he doesn't get a target and the immediate conclusion is he has issues with Brees and Payton and would probably be cut if Dez hadn't gone down. 

He was a 3rd round pick in the 2018 draft, lmao. Some of you guys don't know much about football. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Should be a nice bounce back candidate this week yeah? Eagles getting absolutely destroyed in the perimeter and they have a ton of injuries in the secondary.  MT should obviously feast but Smith has had his best games at home.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ludawg23 said:

Should be a nice bounce back candidate this week yeah? Eagles getting absolutely destroyed in the perimeter and they have a ton of injuries in the secondary.  MT should obviously feast but Smith has had his best games at home.

Well,since I cut him this past week, yeah...he'll probably go off this weekend! 

Get him in your lineups guys and girls!

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, The G Man said:

Well,since I cut him this past week, yeah...he'll probably go off this weekend! 

Get him in your lineups guys and girls!

you know he will.  He might catch one long bomb.

one last time, lets get nasty! 

Yep most likely he scores twice this week because this is the NFL/fantasy and people are clamoring over the likes of Anthony Miller and guys on Packers with hyphenated names. High team total, large snap share last week yada yada

7 hours ago, ludawg23 said:

was actually thinking the same, that he should have a good game,  Smith will have to be used at some point if NO is making to the super bowl,  so why not use a game where the secondary of the opposing team is non-existent to get him some work.  NO will basically be able to pick and choose who gets stats this week

just unfortunate that his complete lack of usage makes him all but unstartable except in the deepest of leagues or by the most desperate of owners.  personally i would love to start him because my gut says he is going to have a good game but just can't do it over guys like Corey Davis/Keenan Allen/Emmanuel Sanders.  but i really really want to.  to the point where i almost wish something would happen to force my hand into doing so

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Panthor said:

just unfortunate that his complete lack of usage makes him all but unstartable except in the deepest of leagues or by the most desperate of owners.  personally i would love to start him because my gut says he is going to have a good game but just can't do it over guys like Corey Davis/Keenan Allen/Emmanuel Sanders.  but i really really want to.  to the point where i almost wish something would happen to force my hand into doing so

Well i'm in a PPR with 3 flex and a long td bonus so I had the pleasure of being able to start Tre'quan and the likes of antonio callaway etc for a number of weeks. it wasnt as fun as you make it sound here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cotton Jones said:

Well i'm in a PPR with 3 flex and a long td bonus so I had the pleasure of being able to start Tre'quan and the likes of antonio callaway etc for a number of weeks. it wasnt as fun as you make it sound here.

well why would you be starting a guy who hasn't had more than 3 catches in a game in a PPR, regardless of bonuses that doesn't even make any sense.  but as for this week, it isn't going to be fun at all it will be an edge of your seat/screaming at the TV on every play kind of day if you start him, but you have to expect for some positive regression at some point, and against a non-existant secondary is a good a time as any to do it.  but like i said it is nearly impossible to start him with any kind of confidence,  it is either the screw it my season is done crowd so i'm going to have some fun with my line up or the i'm locked and loaded for the playoffs so i'm going to have some fun crowd,  doubt there will be many in the middle who are still fighting for a spot who will have the balls to put this guy in the starting line up over someone with a more established role/floor

• Thanks 1

The QuanTrain doesn't make stops.

You have to punch out a window and hope to dive onto something soft.

Or go over a MVS cliff into the abyss.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, The Land Of Real Beer said:

The QuanTrain doesn't make stops.

You have to punch out a window and hope to dive onto something soft.

Or go over a MVS cliff into the abyss.

That’s quite a Quandary

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Panthor said:

well why would you be starting a guy who hasn't had more than 3 catches in a game in a PPR, 

are you new to this thread

did you miss all the people who started this guy against the rams etc...in leagues that don't have 204 rostered players?

1 minute ago, CletisVanDamme said:

There can be only Quan

I can even picture Lambert saying this in this accent.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Panthor said:

was actually thinking the same, that he should have a good game,  Smith will have to be used at some point if NO is making to the super bowl,  so why not use a game where the secondary of the opposing team is non-existent to get him some work.  NO will basically be able to pick and choose who gets stats this week

I agree.

I've rarely rostered Saints secondary receivers over the past 5-6 years just because they always seem to be so unpredictable.  But I have found myself owning Smith in my 14 teamer.  I always approach these guys as better plays after they've had a couple down weeks which I know is bass akwards lol.

I just fee like it's about time that a big game is coming from Smith.  I mean, he's playing heavy snaps and bound to get lucky at some point.

Debating maybe chucking him in there as my other options (Funchess, Sutton) don't really have appealing matchups.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, tts42572 said:

I agree.

I've rarely rostered Saints secondary receivers over the past 5-6 years just because they always seem to be so unpredictable.  But I have found myself owning Smith in my 14 teamer.  I always approach these guys as better plays after they've had a couple down weeks which I know is bass akwards lol.

I just fee like it's about time that a big game is coming from Smith.  I mean, he's playing heavy snaps and bound to get lucky at some point.

Debating maybe chucking him in there as my other options (Funchess, Sutton) don't really have appealing matchups.

I’m doubling down even after last weeks donut. I agree with your logic even though others will/may strongly disagree and I won’t argue with their opinions but I actually feel pretty good starting him.

Inconsistency is consistent for almost every rookie but especially for a rookie WR. The opportunity is still there (even if by default), I still believe in his talent and IMO he’s too good to not have a much better showing this week.

To put it simply.... I think he’s due for a nice game. 

1 hour ago, Broncos132 said:

Gonna be an MVS statline clone. Taysom Hill will probably have more points lol

Good game for Quan tomorrow and nice bounce back game for MVS next week as well.