ST. STEVEN

Tre'Quan Smith 2018 Outlook

It did seem like Thomas had two guys covering him most times.

It could be that Brees just went with the best matchup which was the Quan.

I wouldn't want to put him in weekly, but if he's at home against a weak secondary, he may be a nice play if you are down and need a boom player.

The best part is Payton has no mercy.  He'll call for bombs in the 4th quarter up by 40 points.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RustyMiller said:

It did seem like Thomas had two guys covering him most times.

It could be that Brees just went with the best matchup which was the Quan.

I wouldn't want to put him in weekly, but if he's at home against a weak secondary, he may be a nice play if you are down and need a boom player.

The best part is Payton has no mercy.  He'll call for bombs in the 4th quarter up by 40 points.

What do you think about NO's match up week 13 against TB? Smith has a chance to produce again?

I believe. He's been getting high snap % and running a good number of routes. I don't put any stock into the 0 burger because blowouts are a strange thing and gameplans can completely change.

If you can have TQS as your WR3 at BEST, you could do a lot worse than the nominal #2 receivers in the Saints offense. I'm not going to be starting him at all unless I need to, which is exactly what I need from a WR3/4.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Good for quan, he is a talented and dependable player in reality that the saints are fortunate to have. Unfortunately for the overwhelming majority, this passing game runs through Thomas and Kamara, on an offense that loves to stay balanced running the ball where there are two rbs are worth feeding. I’m a quan fan in reality but in fantasy he’s nothing more than an intriguing wr4 that you can play any week injuries or bye weeks leave you without any high floor options - in those scenarios you might as well roll out quan’s exciting upside.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If the only way you're projected to win is through homeruns then this is one of the people to try and gamble with

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Guwop said:

If the only way you're projected to win is through homeruns then this is one of the people to try and gamble with

Exactly, if you're starting TQS then you're not looking for a 7 point floor, you're looking for that 100+ yard and a TD ceiling he gets in the Saints offense. In that respect he's a much better flier than guys like Christian Kirk or Willie Snead. He'll sink you if you rely on him to be your WR2 every week but he's a great FLEX lottery ticket going forward imo... Sometimes it takes rookies a while to earn the QB's trust regardless of how open their opportunities are.

• Like 1

Is he still a top ww bid due to uncertain status?

Tre'Quan Smith - WR -  Saints

Updating a previous item, Tre'Quan Smith (foot) did not practice Tuesday.

Previous reports had Smith listed as limited, but it was corrected Tuesday evening. Smith has now been sidelined both Monday and Tuesday and is looking awfully uncertain for Thursday night's showdown with the Falcons. If he misses it, Keith Kirkwood and Austin Carr are next up at wideout.

Edited by JediMasters

On 11/18/2018 at 9:35 PM, Guwop said:

Exactly. Typical boom/bust right now. He boomed today. 

On 11/19/2018 at 7:59 AM, JetsAwesome said:

We've most likely seen his two best games(when he was either on the bench or the waiver wire) and when he's started for most people he did nothing.  Now if he kills the Falcons,  he might be rosterable and playable in cetain situations(at home or in a dome).

For those of us who dropped him he was our WR5/WR6 so no need to waste a waiver to reacquire him when he's a long shot to start for your team.   Let that be someone else's headache.

Coming from someone who will try to re-acquire him but now ur low on the waiver priority Hahahaha. Nice try 😂 

• Confused 1

Not looking like a go as of now.

I have to win the remaining 2 games in my 12 man and I'm a lock.  Unfortunately I'm going against the #1 guy this week who has Brees.  I think I may fire him up instead of Sanders if he plays.  I have to boom this week or I'm looking far outside to inside.  Denver is a dumpster fire besides the run game.

Edited by KuNiT21

Tre'Quan Smith (foot) is questionable for Week 12 against the Falcons.
Smith returned to a limited practice on Wednesday, putting him on track to play Thanksgiving night. Coming off a career-high 157 yards in last week's win over the Eagles, Smith should have a field day against Atlanta's bottom-rung secondary. Nov 21 - 5:02 PM

46 minutes ago, urban2014 said:

He better play...Otherwise, I will have to play Keke

What’s wrong with Keke?

I"m glad he plays early in the week.  If he's good to go I'm starting him home against Atlanta.  

• Haha 1

keep in mind that after tonight the Saints hit the road for three straight games ... this kid has done all of his damage in N'awlins, but doesn't return there 'til week 16 vs Stillers. 

yeah, one of those road games is vs Tampa Bay, who are horrid vs the pass ... but ya know who is even worse? Cincinatti - and the Saints just blew their doors off 51-7, and Quanquistador had ZERO TARGETS. 

past performance is, of course, no guarantee of future outcome, but ... coupled with the foot, this upcoming stretch of road games makes him a bit less desirable atm. 

20 minutes ago, JCCANS said:

Would I be insane to triple stack him, Brees and MT?

I don't think that's crazy at all.  You know Brees will throw for over 300 yards and probably 4 TDs.  If they decide to double Thomas like last week, Smith would be the main benefactor.  High scoring games like this one are ideal for stacking.  If you have a better option than Smith though, I wouldn't start Smith just because of the matchup.

Edited by y2jbones

This FantasyPros.com writeup has me less optimistic about Smith over Boyd.  "The Falcons secondary isn’t one where they’ll need to target Smith heavily, as Thomas, Kamara, and Ingram all have plus-matchups. The Eagles legitimately doubled Thomas last week on most plays, which is why Smith went off the way he did. The Falcons don’t do this with opponents. Of the six receivers who’ve gone for 100-plus yards against the Falcons, three were clear-cut No. 1 receivers while the other three were slot receivers. Smith isn’t either of those, making him just a high-risk/high-reward WR4-type option this week."  Could be a floor week for Smith.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, JCCANS said:

Would I be insane to triple stack him, Brees and MT?

Season long or daily?  I’d steer clear in daily, the Falcons Run D is horrible, I expect big yardage, and at least a couple TDs for Kamara/Ingram.

In season long it obviously depends on your options to replace Tre’Quan.

I think this will be the MT and Kamara show with Ben Watson getting the leftover love. I hope Quan goes big just to keep MT from going too wild since my opponent has him. Brees threw 49 times the last time they met and those three got 36 of the targets. 

Edited by FitzMagic
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

I think this will be the MT and Kamara show with Ben Watson getting the leftover love. I hope Quan goes big just to keep MT from going too wild since my opponent has him. Brees threw 49 times the last time they met and those three got 36 of the targets. 

Agreed. Throw Ingram in there as well for the 3rd biggest slice of the pie.

Receiving stats from the first meeting between NO-ATL, a 43-37 OT win for the Saints.

Thomas: 10/129

Kamara: 15/124

TEs (Watson/Hill): 6/88

Other 3 WRs (Ginn/Meredith/Carr): 5/48

Brees threw for 400 yards, Ingram didn’t even play, and yet the secondary WRs only accounted for 48 yards. Ginn and Meredith did each catch a short TD, but you can’t count on that.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

keep in mind that after tonight the Saints hit the road for three straight games ... this kid has done all of his damage in N'awlins, but doesn't return there 'til week 16 vs Stillers. 

yeah, one of those road games is vs Tampa Bay, who are horrid vs the pass ... but ya know who is even worse? Cincinatti - and the Saints just blew their doors off 51-7, and Quanquistador had ZERO TARGETS. 

past performance is, of course, no guarantee of future outcome, but ... coupled with the foot, this upcoming stretch of road games makes him a bit less desirable atm. 

Yes he's a monster at home half the time as you've noted.  We've likely seen his two best games of the season(against putrid pass defenses) and almost no one was starting him those weeks.

This could be viable week to use him due to this game being a possible shootout, but we've seen him barely targeted in blowouts before( Cincy game fore 1).

Most of the next few weeks(after today) are on the road and we know road Brees isn't the same as Dome Brees  In those road games, he tends to lean on his backs and Michael Thomas and doesn't go crazy with downfield throws which is TreQuan's bread and butter

Edited by JetsAwesome