ST. STEVEN

Tre'Quan Smith 2018 Outlook

3 minutes ago, dafreaks said:

Anybody else feeling like Tre'quan becomes fantasy relevant tongiht?

No. Not really.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, oresteszero said:

Trying to see the upside in this guy. He has 1 catch all season??

Tonight will be his coming out of the closet party. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2018-08-27 at 6:37 PM, gbill2004 said:

I just talked to some hardcore Saints fans who follow the team closely. First thought: ADD THIS GUY NOW. 

Like I said...

On 9/4/2018 at 8:22 PM, The Gridiron Assassin said:

This kid will burst on the scene by week 6. 

Sean Payton loves his new toys and all he has to do is beat out old balls Ginn or Meredith who is coming off a major injury. 

A physical specimen, one of my calls is that this kid will be the WR a la Kamara emergence in 2017 only on more of a delay. 

Ballers ball and this kid is a hard stash. 

Excellent call sir! 

“Ballers ball.” I love it.

Edited by Asian Sensation
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, affliction said:

dropped him for greg olsen this week

Did the same thing in a keeper league where I had him for $1 in a $200 league. Hopefully I don't regret that move but I wouldn't be surprised if he became irrelevant again once Ginn comes back. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, affliction said:

dropped him for greg olsen this week

Well the good news is someone will spend a lot of their FAAB money or use #1 waiver priority. Sooo there’s that at least lol

• Like 1

hahahahaha i'm in a dynasty where we have to have 3 rookies on our active squad....picked him up thursday....was forced to start him with bye on evans, and ?tag on watkins.......hahahahaha brees is my qb too

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, munde53 said:

Did the same thing in a keeper league where I had him for $1 in a $200 league. Hopefully I don't regret that move but I wouldn't be surprised if he became irrelevant again once Ginn comes back. 

He’s already overtaken Meredith clearly and as mentioned several times Ginn is nothing special so it’s only a matter of time... but even then Brees can definitely support 3 productive WR’s in addition to the backfield getting theirs. 

Thomas is to Julio as Smith is to Ridley? 

How has he clearly overtaken Meredith?   Smith has 3 targets today and Meredith has 5.   But if you feel like he will hit 2 long touchdowns for every 3 targets, good on you.

This guy could be good, but I think we should temper expectations a bit.   

And the "Thomas is to Julio as Smith is to Ridley" is a weird statement.   Would make more sense to say "Smith is to Thomas as Ridley is to Julio"?

4 hours ago, dafreaks said:

Anybody else feeling like Tre'quan becomes fantasy relevant tongiht?

4 hours ago, MJJ28 said:

No. Not really.

heh_robin_hood_men_in_tights.gif

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, timexsocialclub said:

Owned him and dropped him. Doubt I'll get him back.

He looks like he may be a complete stud.

Nah he won't have the opportunity this year. Brees spreads it around too much and he's behind Thomas, Meredith, and Ginn.

Easy there fellas. Lots of players have appeared then disappeared in this here young season. Let’s not get carried away. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Singing in Dwayne said:

Nah he won't have the opportunity this year. Brees spreads it around too much and he's behind Thomas, Meredith, and Ginn.

Yeah, I'm just not sure if he leapfrogs Meredith and Ginn. If he does, he has an opportunity to produce. 2 deep balls against blown coverage is not sustainable obviously.

I agree with

1 minute ago, Singing in Dwayne said:

Agree with this.    If he had 7 catches for 120 yards, I would be far more optimistic.  But 3/110/2 and that long TD was a freebie...I dunno.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Asian Sensation said:

He’s already overtaken Meredith clearly and as mentioned several times Ginn is nothing special so it’s only a matter of time... but even then Brees can definitely support 3 productive WR’s in addition to the backfield getting theirs. 

Thomas is to Julio as Smith is to Ridley? 

How do you figure? He played a couple more snaps than Meredith last week but it would be more telling once we find out the snap count from week 5. Meredith also out targeted Smith in week 4 with 4 targets to Smith's 1. Meredith is again out targeting Smith 5 to 3 this week so far. Once Ginn comes back Smith will more than likely become irrelevant again. Also find me a year that Brees had three fantasy relevant receivers as well as two fantasy relevant running backs. I can guarantee you can't.

Ridley is possibly the #3 on ATL while Smith is probably the #4 and they are completely different players. Not a comparison worth making because they aren't comparable.

5 minutes ago, Child_Please said:

How has he clearly overtaken Meredith?   Smith has 3 targets today and Meredith has 5.   But if you feel like he will hit 2 long touchdowns for every 3 targets, good on you.

This guy could be good, but I think we should temper expectations a bit.   

And the "Thomas is to Julio as Smith is to Ridley" is a weird statement.   Would make more sense to say "Smith is to Thomas as Ridley is to Julio"?

Meredith had a key fumble that led to points. Regardless of that mistake  I think Meredith is a solid player but nothing special.  Tre’Quan was a big investment and picked to be a long term answer at WR. He’s got the pedigree and he passes my eye test but that’s just my opinion. We’ll see.

and I meant what I said. Julio is the number 1 like MT and Ridley and Smith are the super talented rookies that can/are capitalizing since defenses are either sending extra help or putting their best corners on Julio/Thomas

You make it sound like New Orleans has no good young WRs (Mike Thomas says hi!) that Tre-Quan was a first round pick who is supposed to fill a need in 2018.    But you said it yourself - long term answer.  He was just drafted this year, he is not getting the targets and two TDs are making people salivate.   Don't get me wrong he could certainly develop into a startable fantasy asset this year but it's not as clear cut as you make it out to be.   

To me, Meredith isn't really a threat, but Ginn would be as they fit the same role - deep threat.