Letitbe793

Trevor Larnach, OF, MIN

6'4" outfielder drafted out of Oregon State by the Twins with pick 20 in the first round of the 2018 draft. Larnach had an amazing breakout junior season in college which jumped him from off draft boards to easy first round talent. A rare prospect who looks like a safe bet to hit for both power and avg at the big league level. There's less upside here than some but he has drawn comps to Conforto given his approach and power and I think he can be even better. Solid start in rookie ball and low A so far. 

• Like 1

really like what I've seen. A superior version of David Segui, or Greg Bird - if Bird didn't have an atrocious hit tool. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, RotoBird said:

really like what I've seen. A superior version of David Segui, or Greg Bird - if Bird didn't have an atrocious hit tool. 

Props for the David Segui reference.

One of the most impressive debuts from this year's draft. I expect him to crack most preseason top 100 prospect lists next season and hopefully start 2019 at high A Fort Myers.

Likely an early/mid 2020 ETA if all goes well next year. 

Likely destined for Left Field, with limited speed and quickness so temper fantasy enthusiasm, but he's a very solid hitter who likely moves quickly. 

Love the all fields approach and power is blossoming. Hit tool/Power combo reminds me of Soto, he's a top 50 prospect for me right now who should move quickly. Twins could have a crazy good OF if Buxton puts it together, with Larnach and Kirilloff at the corners. Lots to dream on there, but I want as many shares of Larnach as I can. 

• Like 1

I'm surprised that some sites aren't showing him much love like MLB.com doesn't even have him in their top 100.  I really like his potential and also seems pretty safe to make the majors and produce.  Should progress well and possibly get the call next season.

22 hours ago, footy1 said:

I'm surprised that some sites aren't showing him much love like MLB.com doesn't even have him in their top 100.  I really like his potential and also seems pretty safe to make the majors and produce.  Should progress well and possibly get the call next season.

I think he'll be in their top 50, maybe even top 25 by mid-season if he gets off to a hot start. 

On 2/10/2019 at 6:26 PM, gocubsgo311 said:

Love the all fields approach and power is blossoming. Hit tool/Power combo reminds me of Soto, he's a top 50 prospect for me right now who should move quickly. Twins could have a crazy good OF if Buxton puts it together, with Larnach and Kirilloff at the corners. Lots to dream on there, but I want as many shares of Larnach as I can. 

Where would Kepler play? 

51 minutes ago, 24/7fantasysports said:

Where would Kepler play? 

Predicting the twins outfield in 2-3 is nothing more than a guess. Guessing what happens to Kepler in this imaginary scenario is even more of a guess. I’ll play a long though,  traded or 4th of. 

Edited by brockpapersizer
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, brockpapersizer said:

Predicting the twins outfield in 2-3 is nothing more than a guess. Guessing what happens to Kepler in this imaginary scenario is even more of a guess. I’ll play a long though,  traded or 4th of. 

Good point. I was near sighted and for whatever reason imagined they would have this scenario this year which they will not. 

Some lists are acknowledging his unique potential and ranking him high while he's still flying under radar on other big lists. His approach and skill set reminds me a lot of Conforto.

• Like 3

I think he's got more value in OBP leagues, but I definitely see him moving up lists quickly.

On 2/16/2019 at 9:05 AM, brockpapersizer said:

Talk around town is Kirilloff and/or Larnach may transition to a 1B/OF hybrid. E.g. Bellinger

Edited by Fenamo
  • Like 4

heard a Geoff Jenkins comp the other day...  nice one!   I think Larnach will be more special though.   Tiny bit of Travis Hafner in his swing.   maybe some Conforto. 

You did not. ESPN has stepped up the game when it comes to minor leaguers in the system (while they took a step back everywhere else), but he is one of the few exceptions.