Letitbe793

Vidal Brujan, 2B, TB

Yet another Tampa youngster who looks like he could be special. Ralph Lif****z wrote a great piece on him a few days ago over at razzball: https://razzball.com/minor-league-update-introducing-brujan-da-59/

Im shocked theres not more buzz on him. I especially like that he has improved at each level.

He reminds me of Ozzie Albies early on when he was coming up in the minors before he started adding significantly more power. Maybe Brujan can do the same? Even if he doesn't, I think he could hit 15 HRs in the MLB with SBs, lots of runs and a great avg and OBP. I'm all in on Brujan and Franco for TB. 

• Like 2

He's certainly nearing top 100 fantasy prospect, probably between 100-150 for me now, but a strong finish could change that.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, brockpapersizer said:

He's certainly nearing top 100 fantasy prospect, probably between 100-150 for me now, but a strong finish could change that.

The one tool that has dinged Brujan's future value (FV) has been his power. 

But I just love his athleticism and the value he brings across the board -- speed, defense, bat to ball ability, control of the strike zone where he has walked more than struck out the year.

I can see an evaluator not liking Brujan, 20, because of his power, so I guess 100-150 is fair. 

But on the flip side, look at Keston Hiura, 22. He's two years older and he's a more highly regarded 2B than Brujan because of his "hit tool" and innate ability to go bat to ball. But is Hiura really that much more impressive? He has an aggressive approach, he doesn't walk much, is a good, not great athlete, has questionable defense. How many guys with a 95K/30 BB ratio make it work at the major league level?

I'm keeping an open mind on Brujan because I've seen subpar power tool guys develop it in modern day baseball more than ever.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, WestTexasGM said:

The one tool that has dinged Brujan's future value (FV) has been his power. 

But I just love his athleticism and the value he brings across the board -- speed, defense, bat to ball ability, control of the strike zone where he has walked more than struck out the year.

I can see an evaluator not liking Brujan, 20, because of his power, so I guess 100-150 is fair. 

But on the flip side, look at Keston Hiura, 22. He's two years older and he's a more highly regarded 2B than Brujan because of his "hit tool" and innate ability to go bat to ball. But is Hiura really that much more impressive? He has an aggressive approach, he doesn't walk much, is a good, not great athlete, has questionable defense. How many guys with a 95K/30 BB ratio make it work at the major league level?

I'm keeping an open mind on Brujan because I've seen subpar power tool guys develop it in modern day baseball more than ever.

I agree with all of this, I'm becoming more optimistic on his power. He would be in my top 100 for sure, 100-150 i guess is just more of an objective overview of how most sites would treat him now,  but he's definitely going to start creeping in other peoples 100 soon enough.

• Like 1