RedDogNamedClippers

Rudy Gay 2018-2019 Season Outlook

17 minutes ago, kane said:

I'm high on him this season,green,slowmo,kawhi,manu...all of their wing player gone,playing time should increase to high 20s

And with D.murray likely out for season,his usage should go up

My projected stat: 15pts 5.5rebs 2 assists 1.1 stls 0.7blks 46 FG% 80FT% 1.7to  (It's very useful if he is your 11-13th round pick)

I could def use that stat line, especially from the wire. Hopefully he can hold up this year

Rudy Gay stay away. He’s a trap. Great situation this season but he won’t hold up and should get rested. The Spurs season is fast approaching lost year status at the same time Gay is approaching Vince Carter status. I’d draft as a last rounds flyer but let other people build their house of cards with him in the earlier rounds.

2 hours ago, Philzilla said:

Rudy Gay stay away. He’s a trap. Great situation this season but he won’t hold up and should get rested. The Spurs season is fast approaching lost year status at the same time Gay is approaching Vince Carter status. I’d draft as a last rounds flyer but let other people build their house of cards with him in the earlier rounds.

Most people won't be drafting him until the last couple rounds of the draft anyways. I don't think you need to stay away from him at all, but rather just drop him when he doesn't produce. The 1/1/1 is always there any given night he plays. Great value in my opinion late in the draft. 

2 hours ago, Philzilla said:

I have concerns regarding the achilles since noone has ever really fully recovered their career following a tear. But he looks pretty good right now.

But @ 32, he isnt Vince Carter. LMA is 33. And losing Murray doesn't really equal fast approaching a lost year. 

With where he is being drafted I think he is going to end up outperforming it.

• Like 2

On 10/13/2018 at 11:58 AM, Philzilla said:

Just wanna get this quoted so we have it when he finishes as a Top-100 player :D

• Like 9

Career re-breakout incoming. He has been putting up phat lines in limited mins. I expect mins to slowly ramp up to 30. If he doesnt aggravate anything easy top 75 player we mostly got in the last round or two

• Like 4

Underrated this season. Looks like he will play 26-28 min to get 15/6.5/1.5/1.5 three/1.5 stocks with good efficiency. I'm holding. 

• Like 1

I cut him for TJ Warren thinking his efficiency wouldn't last and he's playing for Pop so going to get rest/DNP-CDs.  Might've been a bad move.

Thought he wouldn't have very much usage with Derozen and LMA in the lineup but he's doing very well.

He is playing very well, I feel he could really be rolling if he played another 5 mpg. Efficiency and rebounds have been better than expected, I guess it makes sense because outside of LMA the rebounders are weak on that team and LMA and Demar getting a lot of attention on offense allowing Gay to score easily. 

Production has been good but I'm still hoping for more 3's and stocks. Haven't really watched any Spurs games so I'm wondering if there's any particular reason he doesn't close out games? The only game he played 30+ minutes was the overtime game against the Lakers ?

Officially replaces Otto Porter in my Roto team until he gets his sh*t together. Let's go Rudy.

4 minutes ago, dragonballz said:

7 TOs... come on man... ??‍♂️?

But he has 5 stls and all around stat:P

On 10/28/2018 at 11:15 AM, Kobe824 said:

got him as a WW pickup this week, ironically the person i'm facing this week dropped him :lol:

never really had a bad game, not sure why he was dropped..