RedDogNamedClippers

Rudy Gay 2018-2019 Season Outlook

3 minutes ago, Vikster07 said:

drop city?

Rotisserie, absolutely out the question.

H2H, maybe. Personally I still wouldn't. He's not exactly a spring chicken. Give him a break lol. He's been killing it beforehand.

• Like 1

I think he’s still a hold. Obviously when healthy, he can produce. If he’s out for an extended period of time then yes drop city 

Spurs play 2 games this week, so if he doesnt play at all, it wont have a major impact on your team. Hes currently rank 96th in bballmonster, (9 cas) if you drop then which player are you gonna replace him with?

5 hours ago, Vikster07 said:

drop city?

4 hours ago, Kobe824 said:

Obvious hold, you'd be an idiot to drop him

Lol nah. He was an easy drop. He was playing well but his mins were still inconsistent and last 2 games when his mins were both below 25 were pretty much duds. This isn't top 40 Rudy gay anymore and when someone that tore their Achilles heel has a hurt heel and plays for pop...that's an easy drop. No one is gonna waiver claim him when he is out again and you can get pick him up later. This season he was only ever going to be a nice bench glue guy, top 90 or so, his rank before injury was inflated because of a 6 steal and 7 assist game, two things he will probably never do again

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5

17 minutes ago, richg24 said:

Lol nah. He was an easy drop. He was playing well but his mins were still inconsistent and last 2 games when his mins were both below 25 were pretty much duds. This isn't top 40 Rudy gay anymore and when someone that tore their Achilles heel has a hurt heel and plays for pop...that's an easy drop. No one is gonna waiver claim him when he is out again and you can get pick him up later. This season he was only ever going to be a nice bench glue guy, top 90 or so, his rank before injury was inflated because of a 6 steal and 7 assist game, two things he will probably never do again

just curious, who did you pick up? cause

I’m holding even in my 10-teamer. 

1 minute ago, thrilla1nManila said:

just curious, who did you pick up? cause

I’m holding even in my 10-teamer. 

Bamba

• Haha 5
  • Confused 4

55 minutes ago, richg24 said:

His rank was not inflated. He still gets his normal stls on average. And he is even missing more FTS and committing more turnovers than expected 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, crocp said:

LOL...

Lol. You guys are really not too smart. Omg an owner dropped a guy coming off a normally career ending achilles tear, has a hurt achilles heel that has caused him to miss 2 games in a row and no indication he will play the next game. On the spurs no less, a team that will not play him unless he has no soreness. On top of that, the last 2 games he did play were duds in 23 min and 19 min. You clowns will drop him if it says he will miss the next game anyway, so the only difference is that I will get production out of his spot this week and you guy's won't. Not sure why it's so funny that I dropped for Bamba either, he has not broken out at all yet and he is still ranked 120th and I need blocks this week so don't see the big deal. Prolly the same scrub owners laughing that advocated for Zach Collins being a "glue guy" that can be on championship teams as he slowly replaces Nurk LMAO

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 2

34 minutes ago, richg24 said:

Lol. You guys are really not too smart. Omg an owner dropped a guy coming off a normally career ending achilles tear, has a hurt achilles heel that has caused him to miss 2 games in a row and no indication he will play the next game. On the spurs no less, a team that will not play him unless he has no soreness. On top of that, the last 2 games he did play were duds in 23 min and 19 min. You clowns will drop him if it says he will miss the next game anyway, so the only difference is that I will get production out of his spot this week and you guy's won't. Not sure why it's so funny that I dropped for Bamba either, he has not broken out at all yet and he is still ranked 120th and I need blocks this week so don't see the big deal. Prolly the same scrub owners laughing that advocated for Zach Collins being a "glue guy" that can be on championship teams as he slowly replaces Nurk LMAO

In all fairness, it really depends on what you need on your team. If you only need blocks then sure picking up someone like Bamba makes sense. It also makes sense to have some doubt on a player like Gay coming back from an Achilles with a sore heel. But I think most of us look for ROS value when picking up players/drafting. I believe that Gay has all the opportunity in the world on a hurt Spurs team and was putting up solid numbers. However, I agree that if he has to miss weeks to months, he might be a drop for the next hot pickup.

41 minutes ago, Trench Mob said:

Yahoo just gave him the INJ tag.

Well. A little too late. Used up all my adds for the week =(

Still gonna hold though because he hasn't missed much yet (2 games only this week). If he is out again next week, I am gonna drop. 

Don’t forget they have a 5 game week coming up. Pop probably just being cautious. Definite hold, he’s the 3rd option on a good team.

4 hours ago, Pyschout said:

Gay has been exactly what he was drafted for so far.  I'd hold if possible.

He really makes up for rebs for teams where you got one of them low rebounding bigs like Brolo and Turner. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thrilla1nManila said:

He really makes up for rebs for teams where you got one of them low rebounding bigs like Brolo and Turner. 

Yeah same strategy as well, I got BroLo too thats why I depend on R. Gay for the rebounding  part. 

• Like 1

On 07/11/2018 at 9:10 AM, kane said:

Michael-Jordan-laughing.gif

Still laughing? Gay inj and bamba putting up top 100 value in 17 mpg

• Confused 1