Sign in to follow this  
gbill2004

Philip Rivers 2018 Outlook

Just now, gbill2004 said:

No thread yet for Mr. Consistency?  Is he in for another top 10 finish this season as a QB1?  

Always underrated.  That’s why I never pay for QBs.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, gbill2004 said:

No thread yet for Mr. Consistency?  Is he in for another top 10 finish this season as a QB1?  

The usual...unstartable against KC and DEN, decent ROS. 

• Like 2

This guy has so many weapons. A good EB in Gordon. A good change of pace back in Ekeler. Great WR in Allen. And the potential breakout season of Mike Williams. 

Has a great pass rushing defense that will get him ball back. 

On ‎8‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 2:00 PM, Tenner said:

This guy has so many weapons. A good EB in Gordon. A good change of pace back in Ekeler. Great WR in Allen. And the potential breakout season of Mike Williams. 

Has a great pass rushing defense that will get him ball back. 

Top 5 QB this year

I think this is the year for Rivers. His schedule is looking cakey. The division is ripe for the taking. KC and OAK defenses are looking real suspect and Denver's is on the down swing. I'm gonna go out on limb here and say he'll be the 2018 NFL MVP. Chargers go 12-4.

The only problem is that the Chargers have a rash of OL injuries every year.   Adding Pouncey to the mix doesn't make me feel better.

Man this guy is consistently underrated.  I seem to always be able to snag him after everyone else has already drafted a QB.  Chargers are primed for a big year and so is Rivers.  He's as safe a bet as anyone for 4,500 yards and 30 TD's.  He's also as safe a bet as any QB to get you no points with his legs.  Still I'll take that safe 4500/30 in my lineup

• Like 1

On 8/23/2018 at 9:43 PM, joshua18 said:

I feel pretty good starting him against this KC team...

50 minutes ago, Mad_Jens said:

I feel pretty good starting him against this KC team...

Right. As a Chargers fan, I tend to draft Rivers every year. He's the perfect underrated QB to snag every year. But you need to sit him every year against KC. Terrible games like clockwork. However, this year is different. KC defense looks rough (not in a good way), and this game is in LA (cue jokes about it still being an away game). Its just not in Arrowhead. Team is healthy, WRs look poised to crush it this year.

I say he is full go. And lets be honest, you gotta start your guys W1. Save the second guessing for weeks 2-16.

• Like 1

On 8/23/2018 at 9:43 PM, joshua18 said:

lol, KC’s defense blows this year

18 hours ago, ponchsox said:

lol, KC’s defense blows this year

KC's defense was horrible last year, as well, but Rivers was hot garbage against them.  In my league, he got 6 points and 9 points in the two games. 

I'm still tempted to start him this week but not sure yet. 

Man, they left about 200 passing yards on the field with those dropped passes.  Keenan was lazy and let the defender get inside him on that interception too.  Rivers looked good.  Chargers gonna be Chargers though with those boneheaded plays.  The Spanos curse is real!

Rivers keeps getting better with age like a fine wine.  He's never had a a better supporting cast than he does right now.  This is going to be his best season and he will finish as a top 5 QB.

Of course, sitting on my bench while I start what I thought was a better option.

This has happened one to many times with Rivers and I have a new plan going forward.....START RIVERS EVERY SINGLE WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!

Doing all I can to get this dude on my team in my 2QB league.  I know all weeks won't be this good, but that OL is solid and he's got tons of options.  Should be a great season.

West coast teams playing the early game on the East coast have a bad track record because their bodies think it's 10:00 AM, but Rivers had a big game last year in that scenario.  And he's the king of garbage time anyway.

West coast team going East, I’m lowering Rivers today. Espn has him NOT top 10.