gbill2004

Philip Rivers 2018 Outlook

9 minutes ago, kco734 said:

I’m so torn on Rivers this week. You know he won’t lay a complete egg but other options like a Joe Flacco might be better used this week. Still undecided 

Same... can't decide if I should stick with Rivers or start Mitch against NE

River's loves putting on shows, he won't play in front of the London crowd to just hand the ball off, he will dial up some bombs. 

Only if SD is up 3 scores in 3rd quarter will he stop slinging and he's always slinging by the goalline if MG doesn't punch it in from 10. 

I don’t see how Rivers isn’t a must start every week. His last game was his worst game statistically and he didn’t even have a bad game

• Like 3

Being disrespected this week by experts. Not the easiest matchup, but how could you have this guy outside the Top 10?

Exactly. Last week he was a “risky” start but he threw for 200 yards and 2 TDs, almost 3 that caused the INT but that was a forced throw. He’s matchup proof for 200 yards & 2 TDs

Low upside, high floor this week. I fear the Chargers are up big and pound the rock to kill clock in the second half. Looking for higher upside plays this week (looking at you, Dak). 

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, sasnumberonefan said:

Low upside, high floor this week. I fear the Chargers are up big and pound the rock to kill clock in the second half. Looking for higher upside plays this week (looking at you, Dak). 

Never start Dak over Rivers.  

You gotta hope that Rives is the reason the Chargers go up big though, you cant sit people because one team is gonna 'crush' the other, well what if they had a big part of the crushing? If MG doesn't drop a pass in the Red zone  ( turning it into an INT ) or simply doesn't convert on all 3 of his singular red zone touches last week Rivers coulda had 4-5 TDs casually. 

Edited by Zak0221
  • Like 2

In my case, I roll with him and Keenan. Watson is my backup. As has been mentioned, his ceiling may be lower than some others but his floor is solid IMO.

How can Rivers be off to this hot of a start, be the #6 overall QB on the season, and not produce a single consistent WR1? Is he tossing it to Gordon/Ekeler so much that it's just destroying his receivers' value?

45 minutes ago, DekuTree said:

How can Rivers be off to this hot of a start, be the #6 overall QB on the season, and not produce a single consistent WR1? Is he tossing it to Gordon/Ekeler so much that it's just destroying his receivers' value?

He has 3 WRs 2 RBs and 2 TEs he throws the ball to. 

He loves each of them equally as long as they are open.  

Rivers no doubt started hot, but he's going against one of the better pass defenses in the league as well as flying from the west coast to England.  He only put up 14 against Cleveland last week and I think they're going to attempt to run more this week.  I'm with the experts on this one.

Edited by ThePerfectBeard

1 hour ago, DekuTree said:

As an Allen owner, don't I know it!
I'm there on Sunday, I'll be sure to holler some abuse at Rivers if he doesn't at least attempt a few more bombs Allen's way!

I'm frustrated with the situation a little, but still clinging on to that 'Allen starts indifferent but can burst' hope...

• Like 1

Recent news that Gordon may not play or at least see a reduced workload has to help Rivers. 

This is could be a nice little boost to the Rivers  Allen stack

On 10/19/2018 at 9:58 AM, ThePerfectBeard said:

Rivers no doubt started hot, but he's going against one of the better pass defenses in the league as well as flying from the west coast to England. 

The Chargers didn't go home.   They spent the week on the east coast.

• Like 1

With Gordon most likely out are we looking at a rivers bump in value this week. Hard to pound the rock without your workhorse. Ekeler is nice but he isn’t 25 carries nice. 

I'm rolling with Rivers today, and pretty much every week. He's a good bet for at least 250 PY and 2 passing TD's every week IMO. That's a 22 point floor. 

I have to look ahead due to my pizz poor team, I am a dog next week vs my opponent, am I crazy for thinking of benching Rivers vs Seattle vs a waiver grab?

1 hour ago, redlegsfan said:

I have to look ahead due to my pizz poor team, I am a dog next week vs my opponent, am I crazy for thinking of benching Rivers vs Seattle vs a waiver grab?

Rivers will be his usual self next week, Sea can score so it should be a good game.  300 yards 2-3 TD for PRivers

1 hour ago, redlegsfan said:

2 minutes ago, Zak0221 said:

Rivers will be his usual self next week, Sea can score so it should be a good game.  300 yards 2-3 TD for PRivers

It's definitely a tough match-up. Probably one of the hardest places to play for a visiting team. But, unless you have a better option I just don't see how you can bench him. He's been solid all season and they're coming off a bye. I myself have to decide between him and Carr (@ SF on Thursday night). Like the match up, but it's also an away game and on a short week to boot. 

Just now, The G Man said:

It's definitely a tough match-up. Probably one of the hardest places to play for a visiting team. But, unless you have a better option I just don't see how you can bench him. He's been solid all season and they're coming off a bye. I myself have to decide between him and Carr (@ SF on Thursday night). Like the match up, but it's also an away game and on a short week to boot. 

I never said it was an easy matchup, I just don't see why people are suddenly worried about Rivers who is a top 10 QB all season.  He won't put up 30 pts this week but he is as safe as bet as there is to give you 250-300 and 1-3 TDs each week even in difficult matchups.  Sea has shown they can score pts fast so this game could be a nice one for Phillip as they won't be able to just pound MG. 

12 minutes ago, Zak0221 said:

I never said it was an easy matchup, I just don't see why people are suddenly worried about Rivers who is a top 10 QB all season.  He won't put up 30 pts this week but he is as safe as bet as there is to give you 250-300 and 1-3 TDs each week even in difficult matchups.  Sea has shown they can score pts fast so this game could be a nice one for Phillip as they won't be able to just pound MG. 

I agree with you. And, I wasn't trying to call you out or anything. Sorry if my quoting you rubbed you the wrong way. I was jusat pointing out the obvious in terms of where the game is being played. But yeah...I agree with everything you said man. 

Only other point worth making is Rivers has a lot of weapons to work with this year. So, that's another thing is his favor. 

10 minutes ago, The G Man said:

I agree with you. And, I wasn't trying to call you out or anything. Sorry if my quoting you rubbed you the wrong way. I was jusat pointing out the obvious in terms of where the game is being played. But yeah...I agree with everything you said man. 

Only other point worth making is Rivers has a lot of weapons to work with this year. So, that's another thing is his favor. 

I was hoping we would see Hunter Henry this year after the bye but its looking like that won't happen either :(

4 hours ago, Zak0221 said:

I was hoping we would see Hunter Henry this year after the bye but its looking like that won't happen either :(

Yeah, with TE being the wasteland it is this season, man I would've been one of the first to stash him had the reports indicated he was in fact coming back this season. Oh well, next year. 

Starting to think I might be starting Eli over Phil for the next few starts based on what I am seeing out of the bolts......

1 hour ago, CraftyRighty said:

Starting to think I might be starting Eli over Phil for the next few starts based on what I am seeing out of the bolts......

weekly 200-2 with upside for 300-3 not enough for you? Eli threw for less than 200 yards vs SF...