Sign in to follow this  
gbill2004

Philip Rivers 2018 Outlook

Yea no shot you bench for Eli

if you have like Rivers and Watson like i do or some solid combo then you could bench rivers but if your looking at mariota eli bortles types no way you start them over Rivers

He’s been so meh the past month. I actually haven’t started him at all during that span even in my two qb league. But this week I’m forced to with bye weeks. Expecting another 2tds, 250 yards and like low 20’s in pass attempts.  Chargers have zapped Rivers upside as he’s only a floor guy now. 

Yeah, I learned my lesson a couple weeks ago when I spot started Carr (@ SF) instead of rolling with Rivers (@ Seattle). Never again. He's in my line up and staying there ROS!

I get it, he is not launching 50 missiles a game due to MGIII's emergance and game script. It was painful looking at the scoreboard and seeing him with 90 yards at the half against the Raiders. The freaking Raiders. Nearly cost me the game. But as others have said, you just roll with him and hope for better days. Not sure he has thrown for fewer than 2 tds in a game this year. The upside seems to be lacking but the floor is there. 

8 minutes ago, chud12 said:

He’s been so meh the past month. I actually haven’t started him at all during that span even in my two qb league. But this week I’m forced to with bye weeks. Expecting another 2tds, 250 yards and like low 20’s in pass attempts.  Chargers have zapped Rivers upside as he’s only a floor guy now. 

I agree he has not been sizzling in terms of fantasy pts but he has been a steady 17-20 weekly, hardly something that can easily be benched in 2QB leagues unless you are rolling with 3 top 12 QBs.  ( Rivers is top 10 atm ) 

1 minute ago, Zak0221 said:

I agree he has not been sizzling in terms of fantasy pts but he has been a steady 17-20 weekly, hardly something that can easily be benched in 2QB leagues unless you are rolling with 3 top 12 QBs.  ( Rivers is top 10 atm ) 

I was starting Brady/Fitz and Jamesis weekly. I just can’t ignore the Tampa bay QBs upside. And it’s worked out for me pretty much but two starts all year with that scenario. But with Brady being ****ful lately Rivers might be a weekly starter for me again. 

3 minutes ago, chud12 said:

I was starting Brady/Fitz and Jamesis weekly. I just can’t ignore the Tampa bay QBs upside. And it’s worked out for me pretty much but two starts all year with that scenario. But with Brady being ****ful lately Rivers might be a weekly starter for me again. 

Yea that's fair...I would be doing the same.  Hopefully the Chargers D gives up pts with a couple injuries they have been hit with. Rivers is still lightning defenses up however the Raiders did get some pressure on him ( and got an INT ) so I feel it was more of a 'trap' game for SD where the players just weren't that into it.

Edited by Zak0221

Thoughts this week? 

Taking into consideration TW and MG injury issues as well as the most likely gameflow script against the cards. 

1 hour ago, Tenner said:

Thoughts this week? 

Taking into consideration TW and MG injury issues as well as the most likely gameflow script against the cards. 

Still playing him. Don't bench the stud.

26 minutes ago, jagsfan05 said:

Still playing him. Don't bench the stud.

If anything MG being out might help as he'll have to air it out more

1 hour ago, vthokie3 said:

If anything MG being out might help as he'll have to air it out more

Yea remember the last game MG sat out? He had a very solid game against TEN in London

This game was supposed to be a down game for Rivers but he posted north of 20 points that week

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, jpark211 said:

Yea remember the last game MG sat out? He had a very solid game against TEN in London

This game was supposed to be a down game for Rivers but he posted north of 20 points that week

Mmm benched him that week for Goff and it cost me a W, so yeah, I wouldn't bench him as long as he's healthy

The Gordon injury coupled with a slate of teams that can put points on the board might be exactly what the doctor ordered for the playoffs. Eckelor seems more of a receiving back than a 20 carry guy. Hoping for an uptick.

• Like 2

On ‎11‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 11:03 PM, Fantasy Gooroo said:

The Gordon injury coupled with a slate of teams that can put points on the board might be exactly what the doctor ordered for the playoffs. Eckelor seems more of a receiving back than a 20 carry guy. Hoping for an uptick.

Absolutely this. I've been saying all along that he would be racking up 25-30pts a week if he needed to. Now he might need to.

• Like 1

man what a ball game!

Rivers is just awesome!

I may get into my playoffs and looking ahead to week 16 (Baltimore) I just do not think I can start Rivers after seeing what they have done to QB's

Thoughts on a FA that might fill in in week 16?

Eli Manning (Colts)

Derek Carr (Broncos)

Kennum (Raiders)

44 minutes ago, henchforlife said:

man what a ball game!

Rivers is just awesome!

I may get into my playoffs and looking ahead to week 16 (Baltimore) I just do not think I can start Rivers after seeing what they have done to QB's

Thoughts on a FA that might fill in in week 16?

Eli Manning (Colts)

Derek Carr (Broncos)

Kennum (Raiders)

You do have to pass ag Baltimore and if Gordon is back, lots of passes to Gordon can work too. 

Pretty steady. 

Only 2 games he scored below 17 and only 1 game he scored more than 24. 

Showtime the next couple weeks! 20-25 pts easy, wish Dalton was around to make the Cincy game a shootout though!

Gotta plan ahead for week 16 no doubt. I would hate to bench him but man the Raven pass D is no joke and could easily be a 200/1 game. I am going to roster Manning and Josh Allen for safe keepings

1 hour ago, rotodr said:

Showtime the next couple weeks! 20-25 pts easy, wish Dalton was around to make the Cincy game a shootout though!

Gotta plan ahead for week 16 no doubt. I would hate to bench him but man the Raven pass D is no joke and could easily be a 200/1 game. I am going to roster Manning and Josh Allen for safe keepings

HA HA ditto !

Heck Allen in week 16 vs Patriots might have 200 rushing LOL

40 minutes ago, CharlesHustle said:

HA HA ditto !

Heck Allen in week 16 vs Patriots might have 200 rushing LOL

Dont underestimate Bill Belichick in defensive game planning. Ask Cousins. 

Edited by TennisMenace

12 minutes ago, TennisMenace said:

Dont underestimate Bill Belichick in defensive game planning. Ask Cousins. 

Yep starting NE D for that one.  Allen will look completely dif vs the Pats.