Sign in to follow this  
gbill2004

Philip Rivers 2018 Outlook

2 minutes ago, whips02 said:

2 TDs today? Or more?

300yards, 4TDs. Field day against this JV team.

7 hours ago, meh2 said:

300yards, 4TDs. Field day against this JV team.

I think this may be the first game this season he had less than 2 TDs... 

13 minutes ago, jpark211 said:

I think this may be the first game this season he had less than 2 TDs... 

I sat Rodgers for him...there was absolutely NOTHING about this matchup that would have suggested this outcome. Pure luck. 

Not sure I can trust him next week. Eric Berry back for KC as well. Gordon is a big miss for Rivers too 

• Haha 1

For me it's either Rivers with his banged up running game and Peters returning...

Or a dead armed Cam Newton who has a nice matchup but is so meh at this point...  

Or pick up Josh Allen and let my title hopes rest on that steaming pile in Buffalo...

Naturally Rivers plays on Thursday to make it infinitely harder for us to make the call this week...

Still think I may go rivers and hope we get a repeat of week 1 when he blew up for 400+ yards vs the Chefs, but it's super creepy and will probably cost us...

Just for fun here is the team of death I'm facing,  who just went over 200 points last week again, making it 5 times this year he's done that...

Brady

CMC

Zeke

Chubb

Evans

Hilton

Gronk

Would anyone consider playing Cam over Rivers, or gulp Allen over both of them?  

This is a tough spot for us Rivers owners and it could be glorious or could be a disaster, seems like there is no in between....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tenner said:

Gotta like this matchup. High probability of 300 yards and 3 tds. 

Yeah me too. Thinking of starting him over Luck vs Cowboys.

34 minutes ago, MrVeth said:

Yeah me too. Thinking of starting him over Luck vs Cowboys.

Same boat. I'm probably rolling with Rivers.

Even if this game is anywhere close to the shootout the Chiefs had with the Rams... anyone involved in this game will carry teams to championships. 

Hopefully that's the case, because I'll have 4 going in this game. Rivers included in them.

KC has given up 400 yards passing in 4 different games (Rivers was one of them in week 1) this year, no other team has more than two (Denver has given up two, once again Rivers was one of them in week 11).  

Mahomes is the only QB I'd start over Rivers this week (Possibly Goff too, but after his game vs CHI... maybe not). 

However, if Rivers does carry you to championship weekend, have a backup for Week 16 unless you want to roll him out vs BAL

Edited by next big thing cp84

2 minutes ago, next big thing cp84 said:

Even if this game is anywhere close to the shootout the Chiefs had with the Rams... anyone involved in this game will carry teams to championships. 

Hopefully that's the case, because I'll have 4 going in this game. Rivers included in them.

KC has given up 400 yards passing in 4 different games (Rivers was one of them in week 1) this year, no other team has more than two (Denver has given up two, once again Rivers was one of them in week 11).  

Mahomes and Cam Newton are the only two QBs I'd start over Rivers this week (Possibly Goff too, but after his game vs CHI... maybe not). 

However, if Rivers does carry you to championship weekend, have a backup for Week 16 unless you want to roll him out vs BAL

You would rather start Newton? Cam is as dead to me as his arm is dead to him. 

1 minute ago, noles1983 said:

You would rather start Newton? Cam is as dead to me as his arm is dead to him. 

Hmmm didn't even know about his shoulder issue because I don't own him, just saw the matchup. Probably wouldn't start him over Rivers

19 minutes ago, jaymcc said:

insane to play dak over rivers this week?

I would go with Rivers. Shout out potential and Rivers (without Gordon) has to throw more. 

24 minutes ago, MrVeth said:

I would go with Rivers. Shout out potential and Rivers (without Gordon) has to throw more. 

Not saying I disagree but damn I just looked at Rivers history in KC.  Its brutal and has me scared to go with him.

6 minutes ago, youngrice said:

Not saying I disagree but damn I just looked at Rivers history in KC.  Its brutal and has me scared to go with him.

Or Rivers could put up a 40 burger because the Chiefs will likely be scoring.  We just don't know but have to somewhat have faith in this man during his career best statistical year.  He very casually could have 6 TDs this week with no MG or Eckler.  I would not be shocked. 

400 yards 3tds 2 Ints trying to keep up with the Chiefs could very well happen. Those 2 picks could be classified as his struggles in KC but he'll have to throw alot 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zak0221 said:

Or Rivers could put up a 40 burger because the Chiefs will likely be scoring.  We just don't know but have to somewhat have faith in this man during his career best statistical year.  He very casually could have 6 TDs this week with no MG or Eckler.  I would not be shocked. 

Finger crossed that happens.  My other option is Cousins who has been god awful last 2 weeks.

1 minute ago, Broncos132 said:

400 yards 3tds 2 Ints trying to keep up with the Chiefs could very well happen. Those 2 picks could be classified as his struggles in KC but he'll have to throw alot 

something like this is probably what we will see but if we are lucky with SD playing sharp he easily could have 4 -5 TDs if we catch the breaks we need.

Worst case is both teams stink because Thursday but hey Thursday games have been high scoring and Vegas has this as highest O/U.

LETS GO

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bigbluecrew56 said:

Keep an eye out on the weather in KC . Supposed to be cold and rainy at game time. 

Slippery field means KA gets open even easier. 

• Like 1

Anyone just a bit worried? I mean not worried like Rivers is gonna have 10 points but worried that it is a trap game with everyone thinking 25-30 fantasy points?

The Chiefs are SO MUCH better at home and with the exception of the Jaguar outlier game, the are very tough on the pass at home. Could be a little bit of the actual teams QB's were not good, could be a little bit of home field advantage....

I will say this, I have Josh Allen on my bench and in my big money league in which there are NO NEGATIVE's for INT/FL I am thinking about it a bit

Yeah, yeah I here ya, I know, "don't bench the guys who have gotten you this far" well , that statement has been true about 40% of the time for me in my 8 year fantasy career so stick it if you are going to say that.

With the exception of opening night this year in L.A. Rivers is garbage vs KC, especially on their turf.......just saying K

Edited by CraftyRighty