gbill2004

Philip Rivers 2018 Outlook

9 hours ago, OmegaRed88 said:

Anyone deploying rivers for their champ game?

baltimore has limited QB’s to under 200 yds and less than 10 fantasy points in 3/4 games, one of those being matt ryan @atlanta.  Serious dud potential here.

I am, but it's a 2 QB league with a thin wire and my other option would be Nick Foles.  Not going there.

Rivers could have 80 and 2 scores on dumpoffs to MGIII alone.  He's gonna be fired up and ready to go and screens is one way to slow down (or punish) the pass rush.  Mike Williams showed us last week that he can high point in the RZ too.  Would feel a lot better if Keenan was active, but I'm sticking w/ the guys that got me here either way.

Edited by ragrag

5 minutes ago, roughnecker101 said:

If you need alot of upside I'd look elsewhere. But I think he is a safe 280 & 2. Maybe Gordon grabs a short pass for 3.

What is upside anymore lol Playoffs has been a game of survival, I am going with the man who will put up points at home. 

Edited by Zak0221

1 hour ago, Zak0221 said:

What is upside anymore lol Playoffs has been a game of survival, I am going with the man who will put up points at home. 

So am I.. but it's also possible someone with a craptastic team made it this far and needs to be risky

I wanna start him but I just see a real low floor this week.  Baltimore has just been absolutely savage to enemy arms.  And they control the clock like none other.  Probably no Keenan either.  This just looks like a defensive 17-16 type game.

30 minutes ago, roughnecker101 said:

Looks like Allen & Gordon are a full go. Are we playing despite the bad matchup or putting faith in the Mayfield's & Allen's 

In P-Riv I trust. 

6 minutes ago, roughnecker101 said:

Who's rolling with him?

Not me, going Allen instead. Game script will favor running the ball. Chargers already run one of the fewest snap counts in the league and Ravens dominate that time of possession. 

• Like 2

Just now, noles1983 said:

Not me, going Allen instead. Game script will favor running the ball. Chargers already run one of the fewest snap counts in the league and Ravens dominate that time of possession. 

Exactly this, goin Dak.

i know this is Ast coach material but i dont think im rolling him either, i dont want to play wilson but everyone i have asked has said to do so over rivers

2 minutes ago, aadam said:

i know this is Ast coach material but i dont think im rolling him either, i dont want to play wilson but everyone i have asked has said to do so over rivers

I'm playing Wilson over Rivers in my other league. No brainer if you ask me. Of course, fantasy football is weird.That being said, im a little crazy and take chances. Also going with Baldwin over Thielen in that league. No guts no glory. 

Edited by noles1983

23 minutes ago, noles1983 said:

Annnnd thats why u dont start rivers

plenty of time to turn it around, but lets hope wilson was the right call when its all said and done.. my gut was telling me play rivers. But, even though wilson doesnt do more than what he needs to when trying to win, something tells me sunday night under the lights, he will have to do a little more than normal. Wilson has had a very safe floor most weeks so that was ultimately what made my final decision ( that and the fact that im hoping KC can put up 28 or more)

• Like 1

good god.  RIP anyone who started this "MVP candidate".

Gonna need a miracle now.

Hope most of you didnt actually start this guy. The signs were everywhere. Dude scored 1.4 points in my league, what a disaster. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OmegaRed88 said:

Welp, glad I avoided this catastrophe. 

Only other options for me was JJ on Wash or Mullens vs the Bears ugh!

How does he not find the end zone once at home unreal D by Balt tonight

3 minutes ago, Zak0221 said:

Only other options for me was JJ on Wash or Mullens vs the Bears ugh!

How does he not find the end zone once at home unreal D by Balt tonight

jesus what do you play in a 16-team 2-qb league?

1 minute ago, OmegaRed88 said:

jesus what do you play in a 16-team 2-qb league?

Yes 2QB league but no not 16 team 

When you play a real league aka Superflex every starting QB w a pulse is owned.  I guess I shoulda gone w Taylor Heinike lol 

Yikes. It’s real easy to say “I told you so” on this performance, but Rivers had one of the safest floors in the league going into this game. He’d performed well in several tough matchups and his previous worst performance this season was 15.5 points.  Nobody expected a ceiling game out of Rivers, but I don’t think it’s fair to say 3.34 points was predictable.  This was a bad beat for anyone who started him.

Edited by eg4190

Just now, Zak0221 said:

Yes 2QB league but no not 16 team 

When you play a real league aka Superflex every starting QB w a pulse is owned.  I guess I shoulda gone w Taylor Heinike lol 

I hear ya, I'm in a 12 team 2qb dynasty league so every warm body is rostered.  The only option I had was Foles or JJ on Wash as well. 

What a ****ful performance.