Sign in to follow this  
MetsSox

Golden Tate 2018 Outlook

I was luckily able to trade him away. Sad to lose him but can't depend on him for the playoffs. Got Sammy Watkins straight up for him if anyone is curious.

Unfortunately Tate appears to be in the sizable group of guys who have steady but unspectacular production who were plug in play in a RB2/WR2 or Flex who moved to another team and are completely un-startable now.  Tate, Carlos Hyde, CJ Anderson,  Ivory, the list goes on.  Hopefully when he goes into FA this offseason he doesn't sign with a cap rich but terrible team like the Raiders who will completely wreck any fantasy value he'll have for coming years as well.

3 minutes ago, jumper said:

Unfortunately Tate appears to be in the sizable group of guys who have steady but unspectacular production who were plug in play in a RB2/WR2 or Flex who moved to another team and are completely un-startable now.  Tate, Carlos Hyde, CJ Anderson,  Ivory, the list goes on.  Hopefully when he goes into FA this offseason he doesn't sign with a cap rich but terrible team like the Raiders who will completely wreck any fantasy value he'll have for coming years as well.

Think this is a little premature declaration and Tate should hopefully do 'something' this week versus the most generous team to fantasy WRs - the New Orleans Saints. 

But I do agree that 10 targets seems completely out of the question however I am surprised he doesnt get 2-3 carries a game on reversed or just run him out of the backfield like Cobb used to when he first arrived at GB. 

Edited by Zak0221

4 hours ago, ItsOjMang said:

Hope they use him more this week. I expected him to be a big part of the offense, maybe his number will start being called more. It was extremely disappointing to see him on the sidelines last game, I guess that can easily change this week. 

5 hours ago, ItsOjMang said:

It’s sad when we get excited by a video of the QB throwing a pass to this guy.  The trade really messed up his fantasy season.

• Confused 1

56 minutes ago, Godeep said:

Hope they use him more this week. I expected him to be a big part of the offense, maybe his number will start being called more. It was extremely disappointing to see him on the sidelines last game, I guess that can easily change this week. 

His speed and YAC are extremely rare and should be valuable on any team. One week is nothing - this is football, not basketball. I really can't think of the last time a player was traded and made an instance difference on a football team without having a few weeks of reps at least under his belt with his new team. Maybe Khalil Mack this year, but that's on d# and he is a monster. Running offense effectively is hard as hell in the NFL and every team has their own schemes. So patient is key here, Tate's too talented not to thrive in that offense. Think of how effective Sprolles has been as a speedster on that offense when he's healthy (and younger). He got dropped in my 8man league LOL and I have the #1 waiver so I'll gladly be scooping him up : D

9 minutes ago, CooL said:

It’s sad when we get excited by a video of the QB throwing a pass to this guy.  The trade really messed up his fantasy season.

I respectfully disagree. It's more just seeing Tate doing 1st team, reps (these are reps,. this is not just one pass and they called off practice). Plus I really don't think the Lions is a good place for any great talent to be. Look at how quickly Megatron disappeared in what ended up being the end of his career...

23 minutes ago, Saltyseabass said:

Tate gonna be in the slot going against PJ Williams. PJ Williams grades out as the 182 of 187 CB in the league via PFF.

I smell a 30+ point ppr game...and I'm only being half-way delusional here.

Arrow's pointing up!

Edited by HandSchaub

I wished I had known all this before I plugged in MVS and his scorching 1.3 points last night.

Forced to flex him this week, not expecting an explosion but anytime the ball gets into his hands who knows. 

Maybe this is the week he shows Philly fans that they should think about signing him. 

• Like 1

Time to stick a fork in his season. Trade was brutal from the start (not sure why people were excited at the time). Even when he was on Detroit, he was a decent FLEX option at best. Unfortunately, a decent amount of people missed out on his one good game since he was dealing with an injury leading up to the game and was looking like a risky play.

Glad i faded him this year and I drafted stud wide receivers larry fitzgerald and marquise goodwin instead in a lot of places. Oh wait all 3 of them are piles of trash. I think the colts would be a nice play for him in 2019. 

16 minutes ago, johnnyboy8102 said:

Is anyone holding? 

Only when taking a leak or palming a 🍺. Otherwise, no.

Edited by FitzMagic

On 11/16/2018 at 8:34 AM, maxim730 said:

While encouraging, I don't know that I really trust Pederson so much. I recall his talking about Corey Grant doing better before fading him out into oblivion, and about Goedert really coming on before watching him do jack squat in a game. Let's face it, the Eagles throw to Ertz and then all the other guys have to scrap for remaining targets. I'd love to be able to start Tate with confidence like I was doing before the trade, but now I'm scrambling to figure out who I should start over him. 

I’m not dropping but I sure as hell am not starting until we see some progress. If he does start to produce, whose targets/catches is he taking them from? Jeffrey hasn’t done anything recently as it is. Ertz will still be the main guy. 

On 11/27/2018 at 4:11 PM, johnnyboy8102 said:

Is anyone holding? 

Nearly dropped him. If anything exciting happens on the wire he'll be the next one to go. He'd need to have back to back massive games to justify me flexing him in the playoffs. 

All the "experts" are still ranking Tate as about the #35 WR which is much higher than any other WR on my roster. I know there's something to be said of name recognition, but many of these guys are legit experts who know what's going on. I'm starting to think I should start him despite the sentiment in this thread. 

Golden Tate, Doug Baldwin, Lesean McCoy are all players with huge names but doing very little in games. It's hard to let go, but I think Tate needs to hit the waiver wire. He is my #5 wr and I will be dropping him for a defense for the playoffs or a backup TE.